Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 01:55 PM   #61
Webkinz :)

luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!

Default Re: • • • [Blythe's GIMP Guide] • • • [Last Added: Giving An Image A Transparent Background]

Thanks for the guide! I just got GIMP. :3
luvteh is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #62
Webkinz :)

guingal36 knows no boundsguingal36 knows no bounds
guingal36 knows no boundsguingal36 knows no boundsguingal36 knows no boundsguingal36 knows no boundsguingal36 knows no bounds

Default Re: • • • [Blythe's GIMP Guide] • • • [Last Added: Giving An Image A Transparent Background]

Me too! I'm so confused!
guingal36 is offline Female
Old 11-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #63
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

View Post Originally Posted by ratgirl57
Hi Blythe! Can you do a guide on blends? WHen I blend I always get a straight line down the middle, I was wondering if you maybe had a way that doesn't do that?
Thank you for commenting!
Blends aren't my specialty, but I'll try writing a guide on it in the near future and see how it works out.
Thank you for the suggestion!

View Post Originally Posted by guingal36
This is great! Here's the glitter text I made:
Click the image to open in full size.

WOW! That looks super awesome!
I love it!
You did a great job!

View Post Originally Posted by jazzgal
Helllo! I just got gimp like an hour ago... and I wanted to try the glitter text! and it worked! so here is the finnished product!!
WOW! That looks awesome!
The finished product is something to be proud of.

How do you like gimp so far?

View Post Originally Posted by luvteh
Thanks for the guide! I just got GIMP. :3
You're welcome!
Gimp is a fantastic program!
I'm sure you'll love it.

View Post Originally Posted by guingal36
Me too! I'm so confused!
Gimp can be quite confusing at first.
Luckily when you get the hang of it, its a snap.
And the lovely members of WI have all written FANTASTIC guides on it.
Blythe is offline Female
Old 11-08-2011, 11:47 PM   #64
blessed with a curse
Gift Guru

wenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
wenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

Default Re: • • • [Blythe's GIMP Guide] • • • [Last Added: Glitter Text - Method #1]

View Post Originally Posted by Blythe
Animated Rain

Animated rain is a fun effect you can add to any image. Animated rain is just like it sounds as well. Its an effect you add to your image that well... makes it look like its raining!

This fun effect is VERY simple to do. And the end results are beautiful!
Here's an example of some Animated Rain I've done

The first thing you need is an image to put the rain effect on. I think sad and depressing images or gray scaled images work the best (since the effect is rain), but its up to you.
Here's the image I'm using:

Next you'll want to open your image in gimp.

Once your image is open you'll want to duplicate your image twice. To do so right click on the image layer then click on duplicate image. You'll do this twice so you have 3 layers (1 original and 2 duplicates)

You now have 3 layers. You'll need to add 3 more. To do so go to Layer > New Layer. You'll want to make sure you fill all 3 layers with white.

Okay, now we need to rearrange our layers. After each image layer we need a layer of white. Like below.

Okay, that wasn't too hard was it? Now we need to add some noise. Click on one of the white layers and go to Filters > Noise > RGB Noise.

A window will pop up that looks like this.

You'll want to click the box for correlated noise. This will make the rain darker (but it you want lighter rain, don't click correlated noise).

Then click okay.

Okay, one of our white layers has noise. It might be hard to tell if you picked a white layer that wasn't the top one, but if you look to the side of the layer you can see it changed.

We need to do the same to all the other white layers. Click on another white layer and click Ctrl + f (on your keyboard). This will duplicate the effect to this layer. Do the same with the last white layer.

Okay, so we've added noise to our layers. Now we need to blur the noise.

Click on one of the white layers to highlight it in blue. Then at the top click on Filters > Blur > Motion Blur.

A motion blur dialog box will pop up. You can adjust the settings to whatever you like, but below are the settings that I like.

Then click okay when you've gotten it how you want. The noise layer will change to what you just did.

Click on another white layer and click ctrl + f. The effect will repeat. Then do the same with the remaining layers.

You should now have something that looks like this:

Next, we need to change the mode of white layers. The layer box below (in red) is where you pick your layer mode. I personally like overlay, but you can pick another one (Multiply and Divide work good too).

Okay, we've now changed all the white layers to overlay.
Now, we need to merge the white layers into the image layer below them.

You can go to the top bar and click Layer > Merge down. This will merge whatever selected layer into the one below it. You'll want to make sure you ONLY merge the white layers into the image ones.

When you've merged them it should look like this:

Okay, we're almost done!

Now, you can go to Filters > Animation > Playback to see your rain design.

After you view it (or decide not to) you need to go to Filters > Animation > Optimize (for Gif)

Another window will pop up. Make sure this is the creation you save since this is the optimized one.

To save your design go to File > Save As.
A new window will pop up.

Make sure you save your image as a gif. Otherwise the rain won't happen.

Another window will pop up. Make sure you click save and animation. This part is also very important because if you don't click it there will be no animation either.

Finish saving your design.
Then upload it to your favorite image hosting site.

And ta-da!
You've got animated rain!

Feel free to ask me if you have any questions!

And make sure you check back soon for more tutorials!
the guide was fantastic! which is why im ashamed to say... im confused
after we duplicate the picture and that, how do you rearrange the layers??? or did i do something wrong??? because i only got GIMP like yesterday...
thank you!
wenjun is offline Female
Old 11-09-2011, 08:34 AM   #65
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

Default Re: • • • [Blythe's GIMP Guide] • • • [Last Added: Glitter Text - Method #1]

View Post Originally Posted by wenjun
the guide was fantastic! which is why im ashamed to say... im confused
after we duplicate the picture and that, how do you rearrange the layers??? or did i do something wrong??? because i only got GIMP like yesterday...
thank you!
You should never be ashamed to say you're confused!
We all get confused at some point.
And gimp is a tricky program to learn with or without guides.

To rearrange the layers you just click on them and drag them where they need to go.

In detail...
When you duplicate the picture twice and add 3 white layers it will look something like this:

Then you need to move the white layers so there is one white layer above every picture.
To move the layers, you just click on them (like the picture below) and then drag then to where they need to go.

Then it should look something like this when you drag the white layers around.

I hope this helps!
Let me know if you're still confused!
Blythe is offline Female
Old 11-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #66
blessed with a curse
Gift Guru

wenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
wenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

You should never be ashamed to say you're confused!
We all get confused at some point.
And gimp is a tricky program to learn with or without guides.

To rearrange the layers you just click on them and drag them where they need to go.

In detail...
When you duplicate the picture twice and add 3 white layers it will look something like this:

Then you need to move the white layers so there is one white layer above every picture.
To move the layers, you just click on them (like the picture below) and then drag then to where they need to go.

Then it should look something like this when you drag the white layers around.

I hope this helps!
Let me know if you're still confused!
how do you get to this window? because i cant find it. thank you!
wenjun is offline Female
Old 11-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #67
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

how do you get to this window? because i cant find it. thank you!
On the top bar in gimp where you see File, Edit, Select.. ect there's one called "windows."
Click on windows and you'll get a drop down menu.
Click Dockable Dialogues.
Then click layers.
And it should pop up.

I hope this helps!
Blythe is offline Female
Old 11-09-2011, 09:15 PM   #68
blessed with a curse
Gift Guru

On the top bar in gimp where you see File, Edit, Select.. ect there's one called "windows."
Click on windows and you'll get a drop down menu.
Click Dockable Dialogues.
Then click layers.
And it should pop up.

I hope this helps!
thank you thank you thank you!!! that is VERY helpful!!!
how do you get to this page? i cant seem to find the 'Filters'
wenjun is offline Female
Old 11-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #69
blessed with a curse
Gift Guru

never mind! i found out thanks for all your help Blythe!!!
wenjun is offline Female
Old 11-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #70
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

thank you thank you thank you!!! that is VERY helpful!!!
how do you get to this page? i cant seem to find the 'Filters'
never mind! i found out thanks for all your help Blythe!!!
I'm glad you figured it out.

I just came over here to answer your question as well.
x3

I know at first the menu bar is a little difficult to navigate.
But it does get easier and more familiar... I promise!

Let me know if you have any other questions!
I'd be happy to assist.
Blythe is offline Female
Closed

Tags
fabulous guide!, you are beautiful(:, ~~~jazzgal~~~