Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 09:29 AM   #51
Autism Awareness

Electrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicness
Electrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: • • • [Blythe's GIMP Guide] • • • [Last Added: Animated Rain]

Open . . .
Electrabuzz1 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2011, 12:11 PM   #52
oooow
Webkinz :)

Lanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comrade
Lanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comrade

Ooh yeah its open!!
I suscribed to this thread even while it was closed LOL it was really helpful though! Thanks electrabuzz for reopening it!
Lanawas is offline Female
Old 10-24-2011, 04:08 PM   #53
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

Click the image to open in full size.

Transparent Backgrounds are just as they sound. Its where your image has a background that is clear (or transparent). In other words, it has no color. This is extremely useful because you can post these images on forum's without having a white blocky background around the image.

Here's an example of an image with a transparent background:

The first thing you need, of course, is an image that you want to have a transparent background. Ones with solid background colors work the best because ones with busy backgrounds and such take a lot more work.

Here's the image I'm using:

Next you'll want to open your image in gimp.

You'll then want to locate the fuzzy select tool in your tool bar.
The fuzzy select tool looks like this:

Then you'll need to click on the part of the image you want to be transparent. In my case, I want the white parts transparent. So I'll click in the white area.
Sometimes one click won't get all the background. Occasionally there's a space of white in the middle of the image. When this happens you'll need to select multiple spaces. To do go, hold down the shift key on your keyboard and click the white areas. Its an easy way to highlight multiple spaces. If you don't hold down the shift key, you can only select one white space at a time.
When you click in the area, it will highlight the area in marching ants. Like this:

Next you'll want to left click on the image.
Then go to Colors > Color to Alpha.
A box will pop up like this:

You'll want to pick the color you want transparent. In my case, white. But if you background is black you can choose black or any other color as needed.
Then click okay.

Your image will then be transparent. TA DA! No more strange white background.

Then we'll need to get rid of the selection. Go to Select > None.
And the little marching ants disappear.

Lastly, we need to save it to upload our image for WI to see! Because it looks awesome!
To do so save like you normally do. Go to File > Save As.
Make sure you save your image as a .png or .gif so the transparent background saves with it. I prefer .png because it uploads with a better quality.

Then you upload your image to your favorite image hosting site or to WI and you're ready to use it where you feel like!

Doesn't that look really awesome?
Thanks for checking out this guide!
Feel free to ask me if you have any questions!

Last edited by Blythe; 07-10-2012 at 01:38 PM..
Blythe is offline Female
Old 10-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #54
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

View Post Originally Posted by Electrabuzz1
Open . . .
Thank you for reopening it, Buzz!

View Post Originally Posted by Lanawas
Ooh yeah its open!!
I suscribed to this thread even while it was closed LOL it was really helpful though! Thanks electrabuzz for reopening it!
Aw, thank you!
That means a lot to me, that you found it helpful!
And I'm glad its reopened as well.
xD

In other news...
I hope to post some more guides soon!
If you want to see a guide, don't hesitate to ask.
I don't know how to do EVERYTHING, but the worst I can do is say "Sorry I don't know how to do that" and then not make a guide on it.
You never know.
I have some very strange skills.
So, don't be afraid to suggest any.
Thank you!

Last edited by Blythe; 10-25-2011 at 02:04 PM..
Blythe is offline Female
Old 10-25-2011, 10:25 PM   #55
ow, I ♥ being
Gifted

Suzuki108 is the all night partySuzuki108 is the all night partySuzuki108 is the all night partySuzuki108 is the all night partySuzuki108 is the all night party
Suzuki108 is the all night partySuzuki108 is the all night partySuzuki108 is the all night partySuzuki108 is the all night partySuzuki108 is the all night partySuzuki108 is the all night party

Default Re: • • • [Blythe's GIMP Guide] • • • [Last Added: Giving An Image A Transparent Background]

I need to do this. Looks awesome!
Suzuki108 is offline Female
Old 10-28-2011, 06:38 PM   #56

lovethemavatars has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Blythe
You'll want to make sure you save your image as a .gif otherwise the transparency won't be there when you upload it.
Actually, pngs work with transparency, too.
lovethemavatars is offline Female
Old 10-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #57
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Suzuki108
I need to do this. Looks awesome!
Thank you!
I hope you do.

View Post Originally Posted by lovethemavatars
Actually, pngs work with transparency, too.
Really? A png with a transparent background has NEVER uploaded transparent with me though.
I suppose it never hurts to try again.
LOL. Thanks for letting me know.
Blythe is offline Female
Old 10-31-2011, 08:43 PM   #58
Call Me Kayelyn
Gifted

ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!

Default Re: • • • [Blythe's GIMP Guide] • • • [Last Added: Giving An Image A Transparent Background]

Hi Blythe! Can you do a guide on blends? WHen I blend I always get a straight line down the middle, I was wondering if you maybe had a way that doesn't do that?
ratgirl57 is offline Female
Old 11-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #59

guingal36 knows no boundsguingal36 knows no bounds
guingal36 knows no boundsguingal36 knows no boundsguingal36 knows no boundsguingal36 knows no boundsguingal36 knows no bounds

This is great! Here's the glitter text I made:
guingal36 is offline Female
Old 11-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #60
Rosefeather~

jazzgal is a forum hero
jazzgal is a forum herojazzgal is a forum herojazzgal is a forum herojazzgal is a forum herojazzgal is a forum herojazzgal is a forum herojazzgal is a forum herojazzgal is a forum herojazzgal is a forum herojazzgal is a forum herojazzgal is a forum herojazzgal is a forum hero

Helllo! I just got gimp like an hour ago... and I wanted to try the glitter text! and it worked! so here is the finnished product!!!
jazzgal is offline Female
Closed

Tags
fabulous guide!, you are beautiful(:, ~~~jazzgal~~~