Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #11
i'm amelia
Webkinz :)

beach_babe is cool as a bunny clownbeach_babe is cool as a bunny clownbeach_babe is cool as a bunny clownbeach_babe is cool as a bunny clownbeach_babe is cool as a bunny clownbeach_babe is cool as a bunny clownbeach_babe is cool as a bunny clownbeach_babe is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: • • • [Blythe's GIMP Guide] • • • [Last Added: Glitter Text - Method #1]

View Post Originally Posted by Blythe

Thank you!
I'm glad you like it.
Of course you can use the glitter siggies!
This guide is for your use! Feel free to use the technique and make anything your heart desires!
:3

(:
thank you thank you thank you! i love these glitter signature! keep up all the great work
beach_babe is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2011, 08:53 PM   #12
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

Default Re: • • • [Blythe's GIMP Guide] • • • [Last Added: Glitter Text - Method #1]

Click the image to open in full size.

Animated rain is a fun effect you can add to any image. Animated rain is just like it sounds as well. Its an effect you add to your image that well... makes it look like its raining!

The first thing you need is an image to put the rain effect on. I think sad and depressing images or gray scaled images work the best (since the effect is rain), but the image you use is up to you.

Here's the image I'm using:

Next you'll want to open your image in gimp.

Once your image is open you'll want to duplicate your image twice. To do so right click on the image layer then click on duplicate image. You'll do this twice so you have 3 layers (1 original and 2 duplicates)

You now have 3 image layers. You'll need to add 3 more but this time we just want plain white layers. To do so go to Layer > New Layer. You'll want to make sure you have the fill color selected to white because we want all 3 of our new layers to be white.

Okay, now we need to rearrange our layers. After each image layer we need a layer of white. Like below.

Okay, that wasn't too hard was it? Now we need to add some noise. The noise is going to be our raining effect! Click on one of the white layers and and on the top bar go to Filters > Noise > RGB Noise.

A window will pop up that looks like this.

You'll want to click the box for correlated noise. This will make the rain darker (but it you want lighter rain, don't click correlated noise). You'll also want to make sure your values are the same or about the same as mine - this should be the default values for them, so they should be the same as soon as the noise window pops up.

Then click okay.

Okay, one of our white layers has noise. You might not be able to see the noise on your image yet if you picked a bottom layer, but if you look to the side of the layer you picked you can see the noise in it.

We need to do the same to all the other white layers. Click on another white layer and click Ctrl + f (on your keyboard). This will duplicate the effect to this layer. Do the same with the last white layer.

Okay, so we've added noise to our white layers layers. Now we need to blur the noise so it will look like rain instead of a snow storm!

Click on one of the white layers. Then at the top click on Filters > Blur > Motion Blur.

A motion blur dialog box will pop up. You can adjust the settings to whatever you like, but below are the settings that I personally like to use.

Then click okay when you've gotten it how you want. The noise layer will change to your new effect..

Click on another white layer and click ctrl + f. The effect will repeat. Then do the same with the remaining white layer.

Your layer box should now look something like this:
See how the noise layers are blurred?

Next, we need to change the mode of white layers with the noise in them. The layer mode box below (in red) is where you pick your layer mode. I personally like overlay, but you can pick another one (Multiply and Divide work good too).

You'll want to change all the layers with noise in them (the white layers) to your desired layer mode. Once
you've changed them all we need to merge the white layers into the image layer below them.

Click on one of the white noise layers. Then go to the top bar and click Layer > Merge down. This will merge the noise layer you selected into the one below it. You'll want to make sure you ONLY merge the white layers into the image ones.

When you've merged them it should look like this:

Okay, we're almost done!

Now, you can go to Filters > Animation > Playback to see your rain design.

After you view it (or decide not to) you need to go to Filters > Animation > Optimize (for Gif).

Another window will pop up. Make sure this is the creation you save since this is the optimized one.

To save your design go to File > Save As.

A new window will pop up.

Make sure you save your image as a gif. Otherwise the image won't be animated.

Another window will pop up. Make sure you click save and animation. This part is also very important because if you don't click it there will be no animation either.

Finish saving your design.

Then upload it to your favorite image hosting site.

And ta-da!

You've got animated rain!
Beautiful isn't it?

Feel free to ask me if you have any questions!

Last edited by Blythe; 07-10-2012 at 01:14 PM..
Blythe is offline Female
Old 07-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #13
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

View Post Originally Posted by beach_babe
thank you thank you thank you! i love these glitter signature! keep up all the great work
I'm glad you like it!
I hope to add more guides VERY soon.
(:
Blythe is offline Female
Old 07-28-2011, 03:36 PM   #14
i'm amelia

beach_babe is cool as a bunny clownbeach_babe is cool as a bunny clownbeach_babe is cool as a bunny clownbeach_babe is cool as a bunny clownbeach_babe is cool as a bunny clownbeach_babe is cool as a bunny clownbeach_babe is cool as a bunny clownbeach_babe is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: • • • [Blythe's GIMP Guide] • • • [Last Added: Animated Rain]

YAY!! haha i wanna give you more rep but i have to spread the love around before i can
beach_babe is offline Female
Old 07-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #15
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by beach_babe
YAY!! haha i wanna give you more rep but i have to spread the love around before i can
Lol. Why thank you!
I have the problem a lot too.
xD
Blythe is offline Female
Old 07-28-2011, 09:05 PM   #16
Call Me Maisha :D

maisha16 is a name known to allmaisha16 is a name known to allmaisha16 is a name known to all

Awesome Guide!
Rep for you .
maisha16 is offline Female
Old 07-29-2011, 02:06 PM   #17

HampsterGiggles is sweet stuff
HampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuff

Good job Blythe
HampsterGiggles is offline Female
Old 07-30-2011, 12:08 AM   #18
Bunny saves the clan
luckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshine
luckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshine

Epic guide!
luckypleo is offline Female
Old 07-30-2011, 09:24 AM   #19
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by maisha16
Awesome Guide!
Rep for you .
Thank you.
:3 I'm glad you like it.

View Post Originally Posted by HampsterGiggles
Good job Blythe
Thank you Hammy.

View Post Originally Posted by luckypleo
Epic guide!
Thank you!
Blythe is offline Female
Old 07-30-2011, 11:42 AM   #20

HampsterGiggles is sweet stuff
HampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuff

Lol You're Welcome Blythey
HampsterGiggles is offline Female
Closed

Tags
fabulous guide!, you are beautiful(:, ~~~jazzgal~~~