Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2008, 03:06 PM   #11
Baltimore Colts

Default Re: [Guide] Becoming a Gift Trainee

Thabks for the advice, I guess I post in the DCT to much and have to wwork to have better posts to become a GT
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2008, 02:35 PM   #12
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by Baltimore Colts
Thabks for the advice, I guess I post in the DCT to much and have to wwork to have better posts to become a GT
I am actually surprised you don't have your posts yet. I see you coming out of the DCT often.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 05-06-2008, 07:10 PM   #13
Call me Meg
Webkinz :)

meggy62394 is a glorious beacon of lightmeggy62394 is a glorious beacon of lightmeggy62394 is a glorious beacon of light

what is the dct?
meggy62394 is offline Female
Old 05-06-2008, 08:31 PM   #14
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by meggy62394
what is the dct?
The DCT is the Daily Chat Thread. Each day, a mod (usually COWS4YOU) will open up a thread in open mike, and you can just chat with others.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #15
gangnam style
Webkinz :)

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

View Post Originally Posted by cookiebakingmom
I'm not even sure how long I've been registered with WI, but I am only now trying to gain 50 posts because I'm tired of waiting for Ganz' trading system. Personally I don't understand the need for so many 50 to apply and 100 to train...is that right?

Perhaps someone can enlighten me on the reasons behind the practices? I have skulked around the boards for awhile taking the valuable information I needed on gem hunting, charm forest, cooking, academy and such and was still appreciating it just as much. I have also been very honest when it comes to Ganz practices and policies I don't like, and I've noticed parental honesty is not appreciated at times and not blindly worshipping all things Webkinz is not looked upon very unfavorably here by certain members. It seems at times only other parents understand and empathize with other parents. There has been a lot of blind Webkinz worship that I've seen on some threads that has been hard for me to stomach when it comes to children's issues.

What is the logic behind the required number of posts? To strengthen the WI community? To encourage members to be unusually positive, outgoing and helpful...more than perhaps they normally would be, just to meet the requirements? Perhaps this practice is why certain members are so hard on unhappy parents when defending Ganz practices and design?

Believe me I'm no party pooper. I've had fun contributing on the subjects I like, such as TC and the Academy. I just wish there was a less time consuming way to prove that I'm not some scumbag scammer. That I am dedicated because I play for myself and my child and I really want to honestly trade some of my excess rare junk for things I'd really rather have.
no, 50 to be gifted, 100 to be a gift guru.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 05-07-2008, 03:05 PM   #16
Gift Guru

I'm not even sure how long I've been registered with WI, but I am only now trying to gain 50 posts because I'm tired of waiting for Ganz' trading system. Personally I don't understand the need for so many 50 to apply and 100 to train...is that right?

Perhaps someone can enlighten me on the reasons behind the practices? I have skulked around the boards for awhile taking the valuable information I needed on gem hunting, charm forest, cooking, academy and such and was still appreciating it just as much. I have also been very honest when it comes to Ganz practices and policies I don't like, and I've noticed parental honesty is not appreciated at times and not blindly worshipping all things Webkinz is not looked upon very unfavorably here by certain members. It seems at times only other parents understand and empathize with other parents. There has been a lot of blind Webkinz worship that I've seen on some threads that has been hard for me to stomach when it comes to children's issues.

What is the logic behind the required number of posts? To strengthen the WI community? To encourage members to be unusually positive, outgoing and helpful...more than perhaps they normally would be, just to meet the requirements? Perhaps this practice is why certain members are so hard on unhappy parents when defending Ganz practices and design?

Believe me I'm no party pooper. I've had fun contributing on the subjects I like, such as TC and the Academy. I just wish there was a less time consuming way to prove that I'm not some scumbag scammer. That I am dedicated because I play for myself and my child and I really want to honestly trade some of my excess rare junk for things I'd really rather have.
I can sympathize with you on getting the posts, much of the time it is hard. I do believe they do this so that you contribute to the board as a whole. I think most people would come in just to trade, and I am guessing that the site was intended for more than that. Again, this is only what I am guessing. It takes a while, but it is worth it.

And it is 50 to trade and to train. 100 posts outside of the gift exchange to be a guru.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:06 PM   #17
Gift Guru

Bring it up!
Old 05-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #18
Woo Hoo! I'm a
Gift Guru

bamboopanda is a jewel in the roughbamboopanda is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by frogger3140
Note: If you posted more than 50 posts in more than 2 weeks, you'll stay as a webkinz.
WI Staff means exactly 50 posts in exactly 2 weeks. then you'll become a GT.
I don't believe that that is true. I waited longer and I was accepted no problem.
bamboopanda is offline Female
Old 05-09-2008, 03:22 PM   #19
Gift Guru

I've decided not to worry about working so hard and spending so very much of my valuable time trying to impress Whoever, with my fabulous literary stylings in my attempts to leave 50 "acceptable" required posts to qualify for GT status. Looks like A LOT of us won't have to worry about having to fulfill that requirement anymore and thank goodness for that. It will be good not to have to feel obligated to deal with the anti-parent ramblings of certain angry WI members. It will be great to be able to come into WI and go straight to the forum areas I want to and gain only the info. I need and not have to contribute in areas that are less than friendly to parents and anyone else that doesn't blindly worship Ganz.

I am SO VERY HAPPY that the trading rooms are coming so much sooner than I thought. Thank you for your help and advice here, but at this moment in time I am opting to avoid the bureaucracy. Should the WW trading room areas prove to be less than adequate for my needs I will then decide to come back and subject myself to WIs requirements for GE entree.
Okay, thanks so much for checking out the guide. Hope to see you in the new trading rooms!
Old 05-12-2008, 03:02 PM   #20
Gift Guru

If you have questions after you read, please do ask.
Closed