Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 08:38 PM   #1
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

Talking [GUIDE] : Becoming a Better and Well Appreciated Member!

Hello there.

I hope you all came here seaking one thing - Becoming a well-known, Well Appeciated, Lengendary, and just -- A plain Better Member!

Now, first off, let me tell you some things that people could know you for, but you don't need to try and acchieve these:
  • Alot of posts.
People think having so many posts will make you well-known, and yes, it does. Just look at DraganStar - She has over 30,000 posts, and most people on this site know her! But, let me tell you -- If you try to achieve 30,000 posts, it'll take longer then you think. Plus, your posts will most-likely fluff posts - Posts that are just .... Posted to be posted.
  • Gift Guru Status
So many people would like to be Gift Guru -- including myself -- But I want to remind everyone that this will not help you being a better member .. Just make your Username Green, and make people rely on you to make a fair trade and guide them through the process.
  • Alot of Rep Points
This .. The dreaded Rep Points. So nice to have, so Nice to Recieve - Everything about Reps are wonderful .. Until having so many points makes you become a bit self-concious, and reminds you of how helpful you are. Soon, it just became one big Contest .. "I have more rep then you!" Was on peoples' minds .. Anyway: You don't need a lot of this stuff.

Let me let you inon some secrets to help you become a better member ...
Help Members in need!
Recieving help always mean alot to people - Especially when they need it bad. Simply coming across a thread in need of your help -- and knowing you know exactly what to do -- and just leaving it there without posting is just .. Rude.
Sign your name on our Creations!
Although doing this won't help you become a "Better" member, it'll help you become well-known for your siggys and avvies.
Simply making an avvie and siggy without signing you is just asking for no credit. Although most WI Members would credit you for your creations, some may not. They'll claim it as their own work. Not signing your name is like -- Here's an example:
Doing a Test in school, knowing full well you got ALL the answers Right, and not signing your name. Although some teachers may ask whose it is, some may not, and will just throw it in the recycling. So, you didn't recieve any credit for the answers you got right, just by not signing your name.
Don't Fluff Post!
Fluff posting is bad for your Reputation -- It's horrible. Once some people see your posts, they'll think right away that your an un-helpful member, and you don't deserve to be Well-Known.
Here is some examples of Fluff Posts:
1) Cooooool!
2) What they said.
3) NOOOO WAYYY!
4) Why??
5) Hi, I love Webkinz!
6) I don't know.
7) Please check out my poll in my Siggy!
8] CHEEKY CAT AND DOG!! AHH!
9) 5 more posts until 2,000!
10) Omg! Awesome!

I hope you get what I'm trying to say .. Being well-known is a good thing -- and you don't want to be forgotten. You want people to see your post, and say to themselves: "What a helpfull WI Member they are." And then, do this to you: =)

If you have any other ideas, feel free to post them.

Love,
- [xo] Pop-Tart

Last edited by [xo] Pop-Tart; 03-24-2008 at 08:48 PM..
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2008, 11:49 AM   #2
Webkinz :)

TripleThreat10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: [GUIDE] : Becoming a Better and Well Appreciated Member!

I have no other ideas. I think you covered them all. Thank you!
Old 03-25-2008, 11:52 AM   #3
efew2
Gift Guru

lwhatley is on a distinguished road

Wow...this was a very thorough discussion. Thanks for sharing with the forum.
lwhatley is offline Female
Old 03-25-2008, 02:47 PM   #4

Fumblina is an unknown quantity at this point

cool message. I totally agree with you! it is annoying to post stuff just for the sake of posting stuff. And I will try to live by those rules starting.............now!
Old 03-25-2008, 06:24 PM   #5
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

Thanks guys. I thought people needed this ...
Old 03-25-2008, 06:29 PM   #6
yankeefan0302

yankeefan is an unknown quantity at this point

BRAVO BRAVO
Old 03-25-2008, 06:43 PM   #7
godsgirl13
Gift Guru

Godsgirl13 is a jewel in the roughGodsgirl13 is a jewel in the rough

Great guide! You covered pretty much everything Thanks Poptart!
Old 03-25-2008, 06:45 PM   #8
Gift Guru

Thank you. *Hugs you all*
Old 03-25-2008, 06:49 PM   #9
Gingie

Aren't these rules already posted?
If not, Very good guide! ♥
Old 03-26-2008, 06:46 PM   #10
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Great guide PT. I can tell it took some time, and it was very well thought out. I completely agree that post counts don't define a person.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Closed