Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 02:29 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
luv2writeNS has disabled reputation

Wink ::: [The Glitch Busters] ::: [things to help you solve Webkinz's annoying glitches (: ]

Ah, good old Webkinz. It's so fun to play, but there are always annoying glitches that sometimes stop you from playing. Hopefully this guide will help you solve some of these. If you have a suggestion, let me know! Enjoy!

Things to Do when you Have a Glitch

1. Log out and log back in.
Sometimes it's just a one-time thing with an easy fix.

2. Clear your cache
This is really easy, and solves a lot of problems sometimes. (: Here's a great Wikihow guide on how to do this.

3. Update!
Make sure you have the latest version of adobe, and any updates it needs. If the problem is with Mazin' Hamsters, update your UnityWeb, or untinstall/reinstall it.

4. Check Around
Are there any other people having this problem? Check around WI. Sometimes it's just a mistake on Ganz's part, and get resolved pretty quick.

5. Check you anti-virus software.
For some reason, my software does weird things sometimes. Try turning off your software, and see what happens. [Make sure to turn it back on though, or your computer could attacked by viruses. O_o] Or, if you have a sort of 'web-safe' thing, make sure Webkinz isn't blocked.

6. Contact Ganz
Sometimes it's just the best option. Most people say calling is best versus emailing, because you get a better response.

7. Be patient!
Some things just fix themselves. Read a book. Eat a cookie. Brave the outside world. Just wait it out, you'll survive without Webkinz. xD

Specific Glitches

Webkinz Won't Load!!!

This is by far one of the most annoying glitches.

Problem #1: Webkinz won't load the newpaper when you first log in.

First of all, is your dock loading? If it is, try opening the 'Things to do' menu and try and visit somewhere, like the arcade or map. Hopefully this will cure it. (:

But if your dock doesn't load [i.e it will just show a green or white screen] that's a bit harder. Try logging out and logging in, and it might solve everything.

Problem #2: A certain place [i.e the arcade, the kinzville academy] won't load!

First of all, try visiting somewhere else and go back to the place you're trying to get into. It might just be a one-time thing. If this doesn't work, log out and log back in.

Next, make sure you have the latest version of Adobe installed, and any updates it needs.

Things are Gone/Stuck

Problem #1: My item is stuck inside/outside a room.
Well you'll be happy to know this is an easy fix. First, make sure you're in 'edit,' mode not 'walk.' If you still can't remove the item, log out and log in.

Most items that are stuck won't be cured by this, so you'll need help from Ganz. Just follow this link. [Webkinz>Customer Support>I have Something Stuck!] Just fill out the form, and Ganz will take care of things. I've done this, and they did it within a day, so don't worry about waiting too long. This works with items stuck inside and outside.

Problem #2: My items are gone!!
First of all, log out & in, and wait for a while. If they don't re-appear, sadly, when an item goes missing, there isn't usually a way to retrieve it.
Originally Posted by Ganz
The only way an item can go missing is if someone knows your username and password (or Secret Code) and has accessed your account. If someone has removed or sold an item, it cannot be reinstated. Please change your password by clicking on the "Login" button on the menu to your left (or go to the Webkinz World homepage and click "Login"). Click "Change my Password." You'll be able to create a new password. Please remember to make it something easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess.
Remember to change your password, and keep your codes and password safe.

Problem #3: My kinzcash is gone!
If you're like me, sometimes you spend KC without even realizing it. However, the only other way to lose KC is for someone to have hacked your account and spent it. Change your password, and play a few games to make it back.

Webkinz Newz

Problem #1: I can't find any Peek-a-Newz!
Well, sometimes this is a glitch, and sometimes it's not. Be sure to make sure you have pop-ups enabled, or it won't work. On my computer, to turn this off, go to tools, click pop-up-blocker, then click 'disable.' [I don't reccomend going on any other websites while it's off though, unless you trust them. Pop-ups annoy me. ] Those little rascals are hard to find sometimes, so it might be an actual glitch. Check around to see if anyone else is having the problem, chances are, you aren't alone. Meanwhile, read this guide to see how to do it faster.

Problem #2: The Click-to-Win floaties don't show up!
Sometimes click-to-win floaties show up as a little box with a red 'X' in it. I've caught one like this, so it's possible to get the prize, just a little harder. Usually Ganz fixes this in no time.

Helpful Links
I have these scattered throughout the post, but here they all are. (:

Enjoy your Webbies!
I wish you a glitch-free Webkinz experiance. Comment and tell me if this helped!

~Bree
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
Gift Guru

Bookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
Bookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

Default Re: ::: [The Glitch Busters] ::: [things to help you solve Webkinz's annoying glitches (: ]

This is really helpful, rep for you!
Bookworm255 is offline Male
Old 07-03-2011, 09:36 AM   #3
band guys are so
Gifted

Emma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talent

Default Re: ::: [The Glitch Busters] ::: [things to help you solve Webkinz's annoying glitches (: ]

This is an amazing guide!
Emma8432 is offline Female
Old 07-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #4

Priceless has disabled reputation

I have been waiting to see a guide like this for a very long time. I would give you a rep, but I need to spread it around.
Priceless is offline Male
Old 07-04-2011, 08:42 AM   #5

Thanks so much everyone! I was hoping this would help solve some of the commonest 'Somebody Help!' questions out there.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #6
ill make Xmas great

RobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by luv2writeNS
Problem #2: My items are gone!!
First of all, log out & in, and wait for a while. If they don't re-appear, sadly, when an item goes missing, there isn't usually a way to retrieve it.
I contacted Ganz about my blue wagon going missing, I hope the glitch isn't forever...
RobertFrog is offline Male
Old 07-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #7

agonn knows the way
agonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the way

This is a very helpful guide! Thank you for sharing this - many members from WW will definitely need this information without getting annoyed.
agonn is offline Female
Old 07-05-2011, 03:05 PM   #8
I love cute

triplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguise
triplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguise

Wow!!! Excellent thread!!! It is the most thorough glitch thread I have seen. Maybe add something about '0 people in the clubhouse' glitch??
triplet 1 is offline Female
Old 07-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #9

View Post Originally Posted by triplet 1
Wow!!! Excellent thread!!! It is the most thorough glitch thread I have seen. Maybe add something about '0 people in the clubhouse' glitch??
Aww, thank you. I'll try my hardest to add something like that, although I don't really know what to do there either. xD Thanks for your input, now if only I could find a way to avoid the clubhouse glitch....
Old 07-13-2011, 08:27 AM   #10
I have many

Tai Shan wows us all with wonderTai Shan wows us all with wonderTai Shan wows us all with wonderTai Shan wows us all with wonderTai Shan wows us all with wonderTai Shan wows us all with wonderTai Shan wows us all with wonderTai Shan wows us all with wonderTai Shan wows us all with wonder

I love this thread! I will use it!!
Tai Shan is offline Male
Closed

Tags
bree was here (:, emma!, wi!