Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 02:10 PM   #11
So happy to be a
Webkinz :)

cottoncandy567 is a name known to allcottoncandy567 is a name known to allcottoncandy567 is a name known to all

Default Re: [[How to]] GET RID OF VIRUSES on your computer!:)

thanks so much! reps for you!!!!
cottoncandy567 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2009, 02:59 PM   #12
I'm a deep sea

S.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: [[How to]] GET RID OF VIRUSES on your computer!:)

View Post Originally Posted by HueyK
Nice job! My bro runs his own business for computer building repair and virus cleansing or whatever,so I knew a bit of this already.But still,this is cool! Great job.I think I got a Trojan horse once.It was in a game we had called Empiresawn of the modern world. It was a cd tough,so I wonder how it got there? Anyway,it's gone now,so no worries
Sometimes Viruses find there way onto odd things. What probobly happened was when you uploaded it to your computer, a virus was already on your computer, and it infected your CD PROGRAM first

View Post Originally Posted by Lyssa45
Thanks for this! recently, my Family's regular computer completely crashed because it had a Trojan (I think) and it was COMPLETELY useless until we fixed it which took some time...then in that process, my laptop sort of had the same thing! (All my family members were using my laptop because the regular computer was down which caused it to crash also!) Haha..dumb viruses!

~Alyssa
Aw. I am so sorry the Trojan got to you! I am glad it is fixed.

View Post Originally Posted by i_like_pie
Wow awesome guide, it helped me a lot. Rep+5 stars
GLAD I helped.

View Post Originally Posted by cottoncandy567
thanks so much! reps for you!!!!
Why, thank you! I am glad my guide helped!
S.O.S.Star is offline Female
Old 08-21-2009, 07:44 PM   #13
I'm a deep sea

S.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: [[How to]] GET RID OF VIRUSES on your computer!:) PICTURES!

NEW PICTURES!
Old 08-21-2009, 09:21 PM   #14
PEEP!
Gift Guru

adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence
adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence

I just sent you a pm asking you this too but it would not let me attach any pictures. I was not doing really anything. I had just downloaded the software you recommended and did a malware check. Then poof I got this pop up. I panicked and unplugged my laptop from the ethernet cable. Then I took a picture and x ed out of it. It asked to download something I said no. Did I get something from it or was it trying to trick me to download it? Any help would be great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpgwhat happened.jpg (109.1 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by adrkmfdm; 08-21-2009 at 09:28 PM..
adrkmfdm is offline Female
Old 08-21-2009, 09:41 PM   #15
I'm a deep sea

I do believe this was probobly a virus.
Look at how they put "Probably Harmfull"
They did not even spell Probobly OR Harmful correctly!
527!
It is definately a scam. The Trojan is trying to tell you your computer is horribly infected, when in fact, it was probobly clean.
Since you did click on it, (Trojans entice you to click on it. Even the "x" can give the Trojan access) You might have a virus.
Whatever free internet scanner you were on was not a clean website.
FIRST, shut down your computer, then reboot it in safe mode.
Once in safe mode, Download the FREE version of the malware protectent, OPEN it, not save it.
Go through the license agreements, and accept.
RUN A FULL SCAN.
It may take a while to complete, but you will see if your computer is infected.
There should be a "Delete" button if there is infections.
Press it.
The software should start cleaning and deleting the infections.
Afterwards, run another Full scan, to see if some infections were looked over, then run 2-3 partial scans.

IF you have any other antivirus program, I suggest running a Full scan on that too, and deleting any more viruses that come up.

After this, since a Trojan attacks your private information, I suggest changing all of your passwords.

Last edited by S.O.S.Star; 08-21-2009 at 09:48 PM..
Old 08-21-2009, 09:45 PM   #16
Luv u always
Gift Trainee

smskkc is the cats pajamas!smskkc is the cats pajamas!smskkc is the cats pajamas!smskkc is the cats pajamas!smskkc is the cats pajamas!smskkc is the cats pajamas!

Wow this is really helpful! Thanks so much! Rep for you! =]
smskkc is offline Female
Old 08-21-2009, 09:51 PM   #17
PEEP!
Gift Guru

adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence
adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence

Ok I have another really silly question. Before I hit to x out of it I unplugged my computer from the internet connection. Does that make a difference? How would you close the program otherwise? (sorry as you can tell i'm not good with computers at all)
adrkmfdm is offline Female
Old 08-21-2009, 09:59 PM   #18
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness

Thanks for all this great info !! You are a big help !!
mom w charm is offline Female
Old 08-21-2009, 10:02 PM   #19
icebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledge

Hmm, my computer has most of those things you mentioned. But i don't have a virus, but it's really weird. My computer runs fast without antivirus software and it runs slow with it. That is odd. GREAT GUIDE!
Old 08-21-2009, 10:20 PM   #20
uvs being an insane

Smiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud of

Woah you did such an awesome job on this! I do believe it has my dad's seal of aprroval as well, and he's a big computer dude. xD

Oh, and I have a couple things you might like to add... Some trojan horses are very smart. When you click the x button to get rid of it, it installs the program anyway.

And for e-mail viruses, sometimes even popular websites like facebook or myspace send them out. It'll look like the page just didn't load, and then next thing you know you have a virus.

Just thought you might like to know. Also, rep to you!

-Smiley
Smiley Rockr is offline Female
Closed