Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 09:05 PM   #1
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

Default *Ice's* Guide to making a good thread.

Do you ever get upset when only a few people post on your thread?
I do.

Do you find yourself saying "Why does no one post?"
I do.

Well, read my guide on how to make a good, quality, readable, viewable thread!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Step 1) Think. Ask yourself these questions.
  • Will my thread inform, explain, describe, or entertain?
  • Am I putting my thread in the right section?
  • What will my thread be about? How do I think it will benefit WI?
Bullet 1 explains Author's Purpose. Every thread fits in one of those categories.

Bullet 2 just means that you need to put your thread in the right section. I don't like going to the 'Open Mike' area (specifically designed for things UNRELATED to Webkinz) and finding a thread about '09 Kinz.

Bullet 3 just makes you think: If you saw a thread like the one you wetre going to make, would you post?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Step 2) Find the correct section.
If you are going to talk about Twilight, go to one of the Twilight clubs or go to Open Mike. In a Webkinzy mood? Visit the General Discussion/Chat areas, Trading Card areas, Rumor Mill, or any of the Webkinz places on the forum. Feeling artsy? Check out the creativity where you can open up a shop or order, post pictures you've drawn, things like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Step 3) Think again.
Look at the threads there. Do you see one very similar to the one you will create? Instead of making your own, post there instead. Think again if you are REALLY committed to making this thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Step 4) Make the thread. Make it interesting, put information in there, make it colorful. Use different fonts. See how fun it is to read colorful posts? Look below for some ideas to make your thread enjoyable and awesome.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thread Tips

• Use spell check. I always find it unenjoyable to go thru a post with thousands of spelling mistakes. It's ok to have a few, but if you g3t tO tYpInG LiK3 tHiS, YoUrE iNtRoUbLe.
  • Smileys are cute! I sometimes like to brighten my posts with smileys Make it happier. Especially when I'm sharing opinion, to convey my mood.
  • PLEASE don't make a shop thread (For avs/sigs/names/anything else) if you aren't ready to serve your customers. If you have a shop, people will come. Be ready for social interaction.
  • MAKE SURE your thread is readable. -Lilypad and I both agree that we steer clear of posts using unreadable colors. Try and refrain from using these colors.
Lime Green 1
Lime Green 2
White
Totally Light Blue
Totally Totally Light Blue
Tan/Peach
Tan
Sometimes Flamingo Pink-- this is readable yet... it isn't.
Red- Admins only
Blue- Moderators only

Last edited by icecube730; 11-23-2008 at 11:30 AM..
icecube730 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2008, 09:50 PM   #2
beachcomber488
Gift Guru

jsebaker is just really nicejsebaker is just really nice

Default Re: *Ice's* Guide to making a good thread.

Great job!! Thank you for all of your well thought out information. I can use this the next time I am going to post.
jsebaker is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 10:27 PM   #3
Gifted

bratzsasha will become famous soon enough

Very nicely done and I definately agree that the changing of the colors kept me reading and enjoying reading...Very cute way of showing the spelling errors (that I make ) Got me smiling at that part !!!
Old 11-14-2008, 10:08 PM   #4
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

Thanks bratzsasha!! jsebaker told me many good things about you
Old 11-16-2008, 07:33 PM   #5
Gift Guru

itzmebri33 flows towards the sea of knowledgeitzmebri33 flows towards the sea of knowledgeitzmebri33 flows towards the sea of knowledgeitzmebri33 flows towards the sea of knowledgeitzmebri33 flows towards the sea of knowledgeitzmebri33 flows towards the sea of knowledgeitzmebri33 flows towards the sea of knowledgeitzmebri33 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Thanks for the help. I will look here every time i post a new thread!
itzmebri33 is offline Female
Old 11-17-2008, 09:57 PM   #6
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by itzmebri33
Thanks for the help. I will look here every time i post a new thread!
Thank you!! That makes me happy
Old 11-17-2008, 10:04 PM   #7
Ciciteehee

Very nicely done, perfect for new members.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:01 PM   #8
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by Ciciteehee
Very nicely done, perfect for new members.
Thank you!!
Old 11-18-2008, 07:05 PM   #9
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Very nice thread, ice! I agree, the smiley's definitely brighten the post up quite a bit. One thing to remember when playing with fonts and colors is to make sure that it is easy to read. If there is one thing that makes me not reply to a thread is when I can't read it in the first place. I was good with the colors you used, but white gives me the most troubles. Sometimes, I think the post is just blank with how well the white blends in with the light blue.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 11-18-2008, 08:22 PM   #10
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by -Lilypad
Very nice thread, ice! I agree, the smiley's definitely brighten the post up quite a bit. One thing to remember when playing with fonts and colors is to make sure that it is easy to read. If there is one thing that makes me not reply to a thread is when I can't read it in the first place. I was good with the colors you used, but white gives me the most troubles. Sometimes, I think the post is just blank with how well the white blends in with the light blue.
Thanks LP!

I agree with the fonts & colors, stuff like that. Some colors found very hard to read are white, yellow, lime green, that really totally light blue, and that tan-ish color. I'll add that Rep, thanks for the idea, LP.
Closed