Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
sourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clown

Default *For graphic makers* How to become a better/your own graphic artist! ( you can post now! )

Hey everyone! Today, I was thinking how I could improve my skills as a graphic artist
and I found out a few ways I could so I wanted to help the graphic artists on WI as well.

I will divide this thread into different levels of skill, if that makes sense.
Like beginner, intermediate, advanced, ect.

It will go in order, so first off is

[ Beginner ]

If you're a beginner, that means you use programs like Picnik, Lunapic, and mostly online programs.
If you're a beginner, that doesn't necessarily mean you use online programs, but that's what I'm working with in this section.

Great websites to use
Spoiler: show
If you don't already use them, I recommend Picnik and Lunapic.
Picnik is almost just like photoshop when it comes to coloring and special effects, but the only thing that I don't like about it is that you don't actually get to do the work, it kind of does it for you.

You can't blend on there, but you can sure do a lot of other stuff!
Mostly coloring, cropping, and resizing.

Becoming a better artist

Since this thread is about becoming a better artist/your own, I am going to stop talking about picnik. :p

To become your own artist you must have your own style, so people recognize what's yours, and what isn't. It's hard to explain, but to become really good at this you have to be yourself and do it your own way.

I'm not a professional graphic maker when it comes to actually making graphics, but I know how I have to be when I become a professional artist.

Becoming your own artist isn't using a specific font or texture or picture, or anything like that. You have to have your own way of doing things. Not like when you blend something, you make the lines curvy.

You have to express your feelings in your graphics. That way, people will really see where you're coming from and they'll think your graphic is amazing, even if it's not the best.

[ Intermediate ]
Intermediate in my eyes, or at least that's what I'm working with, are people who use GIMP and people who are new to photoshop. (I don't use photoshop, but I used to)

If you're an intermediate, then you probably didn't read the Beginner spoilers, so I will post the last two paragraphs again and I will post it on each level.

Becoming a better artist
Becoming your own artist isn't using a specific font or texture or picture, or anything like that. You have to have your own way of doing things. Not like when you blend something, you make the lines curvy.

You have to express your feelings in your graphics. That way, people will really see where you're coming from and they'll think your graphic is amazing, even if it's not the best.

Challenging yourself
If you challenge yourself, you will become at least 50% better at graphic making.
If you don't know how to challenge yourself, then here are some tips on how to do it.

Enter graphic making contests on WI, even if they're not what you like to do, enter it, you'll get more experience.

Open up a shop, and since you can't order from yourself, customers will have to order, and you'll have to make some things that you're not too comfortable making sometimes, and that will make you improve a lot!

If you open a shop, set a goal for how many orders you want, for example,
This week, I want to get 3 orders.
Next week, I want to get 5 orders.
In three weeks from now, I want to get 8 orders.
ect.

Or, you could say, for example,
By the end of the summer I want my shop to reach 400 posts!

There's a lot of different ways you can challenge yourself, you just have to think a little. (:

Working with other people
Working with other people can be tough, but if you really want to be a graphic artist, you need to know how.

Like I said in the spoiler above..
If you don't know how to get to work with people, here's some tips.

Go to the graphic designers club, and make some friends there. I'm sure they'd love working with you. For example,
You: Hey! Do you want to help me with an a/s set?
Them: Sure! How do I help?
You: Well, you can make the signature and I can make the avatar. I'm trying to get to know what it's like working with other people.
Them: Okay! Lets get started!

That's just an example. It won't always go that smooth, but I think you get it. (:

If you enter some contest, I'm sure there will be at least one round that you have to work with someone. (:

That's it for Beginners and Intermediates!
Advanced and expert coming soon!(:

Last edited by sourpatch112; 06-14-2011 at 09:46 AM..
sourpatch112 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
sourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: *For graphic makers* How to become a better/your own graphic artist! ( don't post yet! )

Old 06-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #3

Default Re: *For graphic makers* How to become a better/your own graphic artist! ( don't post yet! )

Old 06-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #4

Old 06-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #5

Old 06-14-2011, 05:39 PM   #6
Lil Kinz
DarkTrixzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: *For graphic makers* How to become a better/your own graphic artist! ( you can post now! )

U are right Thx 4 help!!
DarkTrixzz is offline Female
Old 06-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #7

Default Re: *For graphic makers* How to become a better/your own graphic artist! ( you can post now! )

Thanks and you're welcome!(:
Old 06-19-2011, 12:17 AM   #8

agonn knows the way
agonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the way

Great guide so far.(:
agonn is offline Female
Old 06-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #9

Thanks! I forgot to add more :3
Old 06-23-2011, 03:33 PM   #10

158lawhop is sweet stuff
158lawhop is sweet stuff158lawhop is sweet stuff158lawhop is sweet stuff158lawhop is sweet stuff158lawhop is sweet stuff

Awesome thread! It really helped!
158lawhop is offline Female
Closed