Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > Inside Webkinz World > Gamez in Webkinz World > Go Go Googles

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2007, 05:19 PM   #1
Gifted

relic10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default How to Win at Go Go Googles

It seems a lot of people are asking how to win at this game, by “win” meaning “get the trophy”. I consider myself pretty good at this game (I have won two trophies, get to level 10 on the average every time I play, win the tournament just about every time I enter a tournament for this game, and average about 18,000 points each time I play). I’m not bragging, just laying out my credentials for offering advice on how to win.

As far as getting a trophy goes, there appears to be no rhyme or reason. I have tried getting the letters in order, not getting letters that I do not need, spelling out GOOGLES up to four times in one game, spelling GOOGLES on low levels, spelling GOOGLES on high levels, completing a GOOGLES spelling with no buzzerflies on the tree, etc…and none of it seems to matter. I can’t honestly remember the conditions under which I won my first Go Go Googles trophy, but I know that I had tried and exhausted all of the above ideas and more, all to no avail. When I got it, I was just getting the letters as they appeared. For my second trophy, I was paying attention: I won it on level 3, it was the first time I had spelled GOOGLES in that particular game, and I was just getting the letters as they appeared.

So it is clear to me that there is apparently no specific method to winning the trophy other than to just spell out GOOGLES (nothing more, nothing less) and hope for a random trophy, which is indeed rare. When it comes, by the way, immediately after finishing the word GOOGLES, a gold block will appear near the top center of the screen proclaiming that you have a prize waiting for you in your dock. That being said, the best way to win the trophy is to play the game well so that you can spell GOOGLES at least once per game. Because let’s face it: Getting 6 of the 7 letters and then losing will get you absolutely nothing (except a little kinzcash); if you want a chance at the trophy, you need to survive long enough to spell the word, at least once. Here are my tips on how to do that, so that you can increase your chances to get the trophy.

1) BIGGER IS BETTER – When the game first starts, hit the space bar one time so that the bigger goose (the white one) is on top. Do not change this goose throughout the game (unless you make it to level 10 – see number 10, below). There will be letters that appear higher up the tree that the pink goose will not be able to get, and there is really no practical reason to use the pink goose.

2) STAY CENTERED – Even though you have the ability to move your geese from one side of the screen to the other, don’t do so. Stay centered near the trunk of the tree until you need to move to either side for one reason or another. The buzzerflies start on the sides and move toward the center of the screen, so they will come to you. When this happens, move slightly away from the tree trunk toward the buzzerfly and attack it from below. Which brings me to…

3) ATTACK FROM BELOW – As mentioned above, it is best to attack with as little of an angle as possible. While it may be a natural reaction to jump toward a buzzerfly as soon as one appears, this is not the way to go. Since the buzzerflies appear from the sides of the screen and since you should be centered on the tree trunk as much as possible, this will have you leaping in a diagonal line which makes it harder to control your goose. Instead, as mentioned in number 2 above, allow the buzzerfly to get closer to the tree, move slightly in the direction the buzzerfly is coming from, and then jump in more of a straight up trajectory than a diagonal one. This makes it easier to control the goose with the mouse as you home in on the buzzerfly.

4) ONLY GO FOR LETTERS YOU NEED (AND CONSTANTLY KEEP AWARE OF WHAT THOSE LETTERS ARE) – As you start collecting letters, you will find yourself at a point where there will be letters appearing on the screen that you no longer require to spell GOOGLES. While getting these letters anyway can still offer points, it doesn’t give you any better chance of getting the trophy. There have been several times when I have jumped for a letter that I already had, and while I was on one side of the screen getting a letter that I did not need, a buzzerfly would zoom in from the other side of the screen and attach itself to the tree. To prevent this problem, I will keep in mind which letters I need at all times. For example, If I need two G’s and an L, I will keep that in my mind so that I don’t have to look at my GOOGLES display at the top of the screen each time a letter appears to see if I need that letter.

5) UTILIZE DOUBLE JUMP – This is a big one. The double jump is an invaluable tool in this game. There are some letters that appear at the very top of the screen that even the white goose cannot get without using the double jump. Simply wait until you are at the peak of your jump, and then click the jump button again to jump a little higher. This is another reason to jump straight up (as mentioned in number 3, above), to get the necessary height. The double jump is also very helpful when you find yourself multitasking. For example, let’s say you are jumping for a letter, get it, and then on the way down a buzzerfly comes flying in from the side. Simply, fall and aim so that you are close to the buzzerfly and then jump again to hit the buzzerfly. The double jump can also be used to collect bigger clusters of flowers for greater points.

6) THE MORE THE MERRIER – Speaking of bigger clusters for bigger points, that is the way to go when collecting flowers. I have found that after awhile on any given level, the letters will stop appearing. You simply need to finish out the level to get an opportunity to get more letters. And since you will probably not win a trophy during any given game of Go Go Googles anyway, you might as well get some kinzcash, and maybe win a tournament while you’re at it. So go for bigger points by taking out as many flowers in one leap as you possibly can. Again, jump from more or less straight below, which will enable you better control of your goose, and use your double jump when appropriate. Just don’t spend too much time worrying about the flowers; your priorities, of course, are the buzzerflies and the letters. That being said, until you reach the higher levels, there will usually be a pause between buzzerflies, and there is always a pause between letters. So the best time to go for a big bunch of flowers is right after knocking away a buzzerfly, before the next one appears.

7) BE PREPARED FOR TROUBLE, AND KNOW WHEN TO THROW IN THE TOWEL – Another reason to collect flowers throughout the level, and not just hold out for letters and buzzerflies, is you will find yourself in a situation where the tree is in danger and your blue bar showing how many flowers you need to complete the level is far from full. Now you have a problem, because one or two buzzerflies will end the game and all of the letters you’ve accumulated so far will be for nothing. So what I do is fill the bar steadily as I go along so that I don’t get caught in this position. And if the tree starts looking really bothered by the flies, forget about the letters for a moment. Just concentrate on taking out the flies, maybe getting letters when the opportunity arises between buzzerfly appearances, but worrying primarily about the flies. After all, all of the buzzerflies go away at the end of the level and you start over with a clear tree.

ONE BUZZERFLY DOTH NOT DISASTER MAKE – While it’s a natural reaction to attack the buzzerflies each time they appear, it is not always the best strategy to do so. At the lower levels it takes fewer buzzerflies to ruin the tree and end your game, but as you go up in levels, this number increases to compensate for the higher intensity of their attacks. Take advantage of this. For example, if you see a buzzerfly coming in from the right, a letter you need appears on the left, and you only have one or two flies on your tree currently, go for the letter and let the fly hit the tree. Of course, if it’s a letter you don’t need, then by all means ignore it and go for the buzzerfly (as in number 4, above).

9) GET LETTERS IN EARLY LEVELS – While I do not suggest ignoring the flowers and going only for the letters and buzzerflies (As stated above you will put yourself in a dangerous situation with an empty blue bar; not to mention it makes for a very boring game), you should try to get as many letters as possible in the lower levels when things are easier. If you find your blue bar is more than half full and your tree is in good shape, ease up on the flower collecting and concentrate on just going for letters and flies for awhile. Then when the letters stop appearing or when your tree is starting to take a lot of buzzerfly hits, grab the flowers and finish the level.

10) SWITCH TO PINK ABOUT LEVEL 10 – If you make it to level 10, it’s just about over. Now the flies come at a ridiculous rate and you will probably only have time to hope for that one last letter before it’s game over. Now is a good time to switch to the pink goose; the white goose’s high jump gives him too much air time, so it’s not uncommon to jump for a buzzerfly, only to have another one zoom in and attack the tree while the white goose is still on his way up after getting the first buzzerfly.

11) NO NEED FOR HIGH LEVELS, MULTIPLE GOOGLES, ETC. – Remember, the second time I got my trophy I was on level three and spelled out GOOGLES for the first time that game. So if you spell out GOOGLES once and then start to struggle, don’t worry. Lose that game and then go back to the arcade and start again.

12) BE PREPARED TO LOSE – If you need instant gratification, then you might want to pick another game. Try Bounce n’ Burst or Zacky’s Quest, which will give you a trophy every time you win. Zingo’s Pop will also get you a trophy if you complete the game, but I have found that one impossible to win, not to mention very long. If you don’t mind the randomness of winning a trophy but want better odds, then go with Cash Cow. Go Go Googles will not give you a trophy most of the time, no matter how well you play. Which is another reason I don’t recommend just sitting there ignoring the flowers while you wait for buzzerflies and letters. You might as well get some kinzcash and have fun, because you probably are not going to get a trophy during any given game.

Well, that’s how I managed to get two trophies. I hope these tips help you on your quest to win a Go Go Googles trophy of your own.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2007, 05:22 PM   #2
Did it!
Gift Guru

JBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talent

Default Re: How to Win at Go Go Googles

amazing, but like you said, i really dont want to waste all my time trying to get a trophy near impossible
JBONE92 is offline Male
Old 06-10-2007, 05:39 PM   #3
pheeny
Gifted

Distractseasily has a spectacular aura about

Talking Re: How to Win at Go Go Googles

Wow, Thanks for taking the time to type all that out. I used to be really bad at that game. But I am getting better. I have actually spelled googles ONCE. I just play for the fun. (a trophy woud be added bonus)
Old 06-10-2007, 10:15 PM   #4
Webkinz :)

Bond0727 is on a distinguished road

I've tried several times to obtain a trophy on Go Go Googles and haven't succeed yet. The highest level i've gotten to is level 11. I spelled Googles at least 3 times each game but still no trophy. Oh well one day i guess i will be lucky enough.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:18 AM   #5
Gifted

pinkgirlymom is on a distinguished road

Those are great tips! I have played Googles a lot and I get around 22,000 most times I play now and I've yet to get the trophy. I probably spell Googles at least three times each game. Not sure why I haven't gotten a trophy yet. I guess I'll just keep playing and hopefully I'll get it. I do like all the kinzcash so even without a trophy it's a great game to play.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:05 PM   #6
valej

cool, we have the SaMe guides. i guess great minds think a like!
Old 06-12-2007, 08:13 PM   #7
Gifted

relic10 is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by valej
cool, we have the SaMe guides. i guess great minds think a like!
What, you already did one like that? I didn't realize that. I certainly didn't mean to copy.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:55 AM   #8
labradoodle-360

View Post Originally Posted by relic10
It seems a lot of people are asking how to win at this game, by “win” meaning “get the trophy”. I consider myself pretty good at this game (I have won two trophies, get to level 10 on the average every time I play, win the tournament just about every time I enter a tournament for this game, and average about 18,000 points each time I play). I’m not bragging, just laying out my credentials for offering advice on how to win.

As far as getting a trophy goes, there appears to be no rhyme or reason. I have tried getting the letters in order, not getting letters that I do not need, spelling out GOOGLES up to four times in one game, spelling GOOGLES on low levels, spelling GOOGLES on high levels, completing a GOOGLES spelling with no buzzerflies on the tree, etc…and none of it seems to matter. I can’t honestly remember the conditions under which I won my first Go Go Googles trophy, but I know that I had tried and exhausted all of the above ideas and more, all to no avail. When I got it, I was just getting the letters as they appeared. For my second trophy, I was paying attention: I won it on level 3, it was the first time I had spelled GOOGLES in that particular game, and I was just getting the letters as they appeared.

So it is clear to me that there is apparently no specific method to winning the trophy other than to just spell out GOOGLES (nothing more, nothing less) and hope for a random trophy, which is indeed rare. When it comes, by the way, immediately after finishing the word GOOGLES, a gold block will appear near the top center of the screen proclaiming that you have a prize waiting for you in your dock. That being said, the best way to win the trophy is to play the game well so that you can spell GOOGLES at least once per game. Because let’s face it: Getting 6 of the 7 letters and then losing will get you absolutely nothing (except a little kinzcash); if you want a chance at the trophy, you need to survive long enough to spell the word, at least once. Here are my tips on how to do that, so that you can increase your chances to get the trophy.

1) BIGGER IS BETTER – When the game first starts, hit the space bar one time so that the bigger goose (the white one) is on top. Do not change this goose throughout the game (unless you make it to level 10 – see number 10, below). There will be letters that appear higher up the tree that the pink goose will not be able to get, and there is really no practical reason to use the pink goose.

2) STAY CENTERED – Even though you have the ability to move your geese from one side of the screen to the other, don’t do so. Stay centered near the trunk of the tree until you need to move to either side for one reason or another. The buzzerflies start on the sides and move toward the center of the screen, so they will come to you. When this happens, move slightly away from the tree trunk toward the buzzerfly and attack it from below. Which brings me to…

3) ATTACK FROM BELOW – As mentioned above, it is best to attack with as little of an angle as possible. While it may be a natural reaction to jump toward a buzzerfly as soon as one appears, this is not the way to go. Since the buzzerflies appear from the sides of the screen and since you should be centered on the tree trunk as much as possible, this will have you leaping in a diagonal line which makes it harder to control your goose. Instead, as mentioned in number 2 above, allow the buzzerfly to get closer to the tree, move slightly in the direction the buzzerfly is coming from, and then jump in more of a straight up trajectory than a diagonal one. This makes it easier to control the goose with the mouse as you home in on the buzzerfly.

4) ONLY GO FOR LETTERS YOU NEED (AND CONSTANTLY KEEP AWARE OF WHAT THOSE LETTERS ARE) – As you start collecting letters, you will find yourself at a point where there will be letters appearing on the screen that you no longer require to spell GOOGLES. While getting these letters anyway can still offer points, it doesn’t give you any better chance of getting the trophy. There have been several times when I have jumped for a letter that I already had, and while I was on one side of the screen getting a letter that I did not need, a buzzerfly would zoom in from the other side of the screen and attach itself to the tree. To prevent this problem, I will keep in mind which letters I need at all times. For example, If I need two G’s and an L, I will keep that in my mind so that I don’t have to look at my GOOGLES display at the top of the screen each time a letter appears to see if I need that letter.

5) UTILIZE DOUBLE JUMP – This is a big one. The double jump is an invaluable tool in this game. There are some letters that appear at the very top of the screen that even the white goose cannot get without using the double jump. Simply wait until you are at the peak of your jump, and then click the jump button again to jump a little higher. This is another reason to jump straight up (as mentioned in number 3, above), to get the necessary height. The double jump is also very helpful when you find yourself multitasking. For example, let’s say you are jumping for a letter, get it, and then on the way down a buzzerfly comes flying in from the side. Simply, fall and aim so that you are close to the buzzerfly and then jump again to hit the buzzerfly. The double jump can also be used to collect bigger clusters of flowers for greater points.

6) THE MORE THE MERRIER – Speaking of bigger clusters for bigger points, that is the way to go when collecting flowers. I have found that after awhile on any given level, the letters will stop appearing. You simply need to finish out the level to get an opportunity to get more letters. And since you will probably not win a trophy during any given game of Go Go Googles anyway, you might as well get some kinzcash, and maybe win a tournament while you’re at it. So go for bigger points by taking out as many flowers in one leap as you possibly can. Again, jump from more or less straight below, which will enable you better control of your goose, and use your double jump when appropriate. Just don’t spend too much time worrying about the flowers; your priorities, of course, are the buzzerflies and the letters. That being said, until you reach the higher levels, there will usually be a pause between buzzerflies, and there is always a pause between letters. So the best time to go for a big bunch of flowers is right after knocking away a buzzerfly, before the next one appears.

7) BE PREPARED FOR TROUBLE, AND KNOW WHEN TO THROW IN THE TOWEL – Another reason to collect flowers throughout the level, and not just hold out for letters and buzzerflies, is you will find yourself in a situation where the tree is in danger and your blue bar showing how many flowers you need to complete the level is far from full. Now you have a problem, because one or two buzzerflies will end the game and all of the letters you’ve accumulated so far will be for nothing. So what I do is fill the bar steadily as I go along so that I don’t get caught in this position. And if the tree starts looking really bothered by the flies, forget about the letters for a moment. Just concentrate on taking out the flies, maybe getting letters when the opportunity arises between buzzerfly appearances, but worrying primarily about the flies. After all, all of the buzzerflies go away at the end of the level and you start over with a clear tree.

ONE BUZZERFLY DOTH NOT DISASTER MAKE – While it’s a natural reaction to attack the buzzerflies each time they appear, it is not always the best strategy to do so. At the lower levels it takes fewer buzzerflies to ruin the tree and end your game, but as you go up in levels, this number increases to compensate for the higher intensity of their attacks. Take advantage of this. For example, if you see a buzzerfly coming in from the right, a letter you need appears on the left, and you only have one or two flies on your tree currently, go for the letter and let the fly hit the tree. Of course, if it’s a letter you don’t need, then by all means ignore it and go for the buzzerfly (as in number 4, above).

9) GET LETTERS IN EARLY LEVELS – While I do not suggest ignoring the flowers and going only for the letters and buzzerflies (As stated above you will put yourself in a dangerous situation with an empty blue bar; not to mention it makes for a very boring game), you should try to get as many letters as possible in the lower levels when things are easier. If you find your blue bar is more than half full and your tree is in good shape, ease up on the flower collecting and concentrate on just going for letters and flies for awhile. Then when the letters stop appearing or when your tree is starting to take a lot of buzzerfly hits, grab the flowers and finish the level.

10) SWITCH TO PINK ABOUT LEVEL 10 – If you make it to level 10, it’s just about over. Now the flies come at a ridiculous rate and you will probably only have time to hope for that one last letter before it’s game over. Now is a good time to switch to the pink goose; the white goose’s high jump gives him too much air time, so it’s not uncommon to jump for a buzzerfly, only to have another one zoom in and attack the tree while the white goose is still on his way up after getting the first buzzerfly.

11) NO NEED FOR HIGH LEVELS, MULTIPLE GOOGLES, ETC. – Remember, the second time I got my trophy I was on level three and spelled out GOOGLES for the first time that game. So if you spell out GOOGLES once and then start to struggle, don’t worry. Lose that game and then go back to the arcade and start again.

12) BE PREPARED TO LOSE – If you need instant gratification, then you might want to pick another game. Try Bounce n’ Burst or Zacky’s Quest, which will give you a trophy every time you win. Zingo’s Pop will also get you a trophy if you complete the game, but I have found that one impossible to win, not to mention very long. If you don’t mind the randomness of winning a trophy but want better odds, then go with Cash Cow. Go Go Googles will not give you a trophy most of the time, no matter how well you play. Which is another reason I don’t recommend just sitting there ignoring the flowers while you wait for buzzerflies and letters. You might as well get some kinzcash and have fun, because you probably are not going to get a trophy during any given game.

Well, that’s how I managed to get two trophies. I hope these tips help you on your quest to win a Go Go Googles trophy of your own.
THANKS GREAT TIPS
Old 06-13-2007, 10:43 AM   #9
Gift Guru

Lizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant future

Thanks for the hints. I spell out Googles nearly every game, but have yet to win a trophy.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:44 PM   #10
roselake
Gift Guru

roselake is a name known to allroselake is a name known to allroselake is a name known to all

Thanks for the hint. I finally spelled googles for the first time. I worked so hard i deserved a trophy, but of course didn't get one.
Closed