Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
Hermione Violet
Gift Guru

Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!
Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!

Default WW Logout Page Triggers Pop-Up Containing Malicious Trojan Virus

For the past several days, I have had huge problems with my computer. Several full virus scans have found malicious trojan viruses that seem to be coming from the pop-up ads that appear when I log out of Webkinz World. This has happened to me using both Firefox and Internet Explorer 8. The regular Webkinz logout page appears, and then a new tab opens with some random non-Webkinz ad or an ad designed to look like a Webkinz survey (that clearly is not an official Webkinz thing). I don't think Webkinz itself is doing anything bad, but it's possible that their site is being targeted by people looking to put trojan viruses in the computers of users of a popular website. I don't know what to do other than keep running the virus scan and quarantining the viruses, but I think the people at Ganz need to be made aware that their site is being targeted. Does anyone have any advice? Also, now I'm getting the pop-ups when I just click on the login page.

Last edited by Amneris; 06-23-2010 at 09:07 PM..
Amneris is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
Banned
softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!

Default Re: WW Logout Page Triggers Pop-Up Containing Malicious Trojan Virus

nothing like this has happened to me. sorry you're having these problems
have you tried google chrome?
also have you tried this URL?
http://mci2.webkinz.com///loader4.ph...ser&aol=0&fs=0
softballipod is offline Female
Old 06-23-2010, 06:09 PM   #3
He Reigns
Webkinz :)

btvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonder

Not having any of the problems you described...sorry you are having problems and maybe you should call Ganz and let them know...
btvs49 is offline Female
Old 06-23-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
Wacky Holidays!
Webkinz :)

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

I am sorry this is happening.

I gave up logging out a while ago and now I just refresh the screen when I am done (or completely close the web browser window). I decided to not do the regular log out process when I noticed that the log out was going through something called "Google Analytics". I did question Webkinz about this, but no one would give me an answer; so that is when I decided that I wasn't going to "share" any of my computer info with them. Perhaps they are just gathering information like how long we are on the accounts and where we are logging in from; but they can also be gathering a lot more of our computer information from Google Analytics and I don't want them to be gathering information from my computer!!

Try running a virus scan right before you turn off your computer and then another one right after you reboot (or turn on) your computer (before going to any Webkinz sites). If you get rid of the trojans before you turn off your computer and then you find them right when you log in, then you will have to get someone to look at the files that boot up your computer. It could be hidden in an executable file.

You could try downloading and running Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (free version - click here - Malwarebytes). That is what I used last time I was having problems.
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 06-23-2010, 09:15 PM   #5
Hermione Violet
Gift Guru

Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!
Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!

Thanks for the advice! I'm stuck with using Firefox for Webkinz because there are a lot of features on the site that don't work any other way, but I'll take your advice about using the direct login page and bypassing the logout page. The name of the virus is Artemis!B894A96C8DEB, if that means anything to anybody. I wish there was a way to block it specifically.
Amneris is offline Female
Closed