Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
HAPPY DAYS
Webkinz :)

mommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicness
mommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicness

Default WEBKINZ PARENTS GIVEAWAY ON FACEBOOK

There is a new announcement on Webkinz Newz about a Plush Pet Giveaway for parents on Facebook. It tells us to go on Facebook, click on the Winterfest Giveaway and fill in the info then like Webkinz on Facebook.

The problem at the bottom which you have to resolve to enter is:

(10x10) + (14-4) divided by 2 (I don't have division symbol on my keyboard). I thought I was pretty good at math and I got 55 as the answer (100 + 10 divided by 2). Can someone else look at this on Facebook and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks.

Sandi Wilson, grandmother to MommysBabe19
mommysbabe19 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
ebkinz Day - YAY!
Gifted

WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness
WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber
Default Re: WEBKINZ PARENTS GIVEAWAY ON FACEBOOK

I'm not on facebook so cannot check it, but a question about how it is written:
is it (14-4)/2 plus 10x10 giving an answer of 105?
Or is the 'divided by 2' under the whole thing (then you should be correct)?
WetNose is offline Female
Old 01-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #3

flutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guide

Question Re: WEBKINZ PARENTS GIVEAWAY ON FACEBOOK

View Post Originally Posted by mommysbabe19
There is a new announcement on Webkinz Newz about a Plush Pet Giveaway for parents on Facebook. It tells us to go on Facebook, click on the Winterfest Giveaway and fill in the info then like Webkinz on Facebook.

The problem at the bottom which you have to resolve to enter is:

(10x10) + (14-4) divided by 2 (I don't have division symbol on my keyboard). I thought I was pretty good at math and I got 55 as the answer (100 + 10 divided by 2). Can someone else look at this on Facebook and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks.

Sandi Wilson, grandmother to MommysBabe19

I got the entry all filled out and answered the question as 55 and sure enough it shows "error - your answer was incorrect"

The math equation is shown on there as
(10x10) + (14-4) / 2
which should equal 55. I've tried messing up where the math symbols should go - nothing doing - all get the same response..... weird

Last edited by flutterby7; 01-17-2012 at 08:55 PM..
flutterby7 is offline Female
Old 01-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #4

stellaoncolumns has a spectacular aura about

looks like 55 should be correct.
stellaoncolumns is offline Female
Old 01-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #5

chrismouse is a splendid one to beholdchrismouse is a splendid one to beholdchrismouse is a splendid one to beholdchrismouse is a splendid one to behold

your answer should be 112 only the 14-4 is /by 2 according to my son who has an aa in math. Good Luck

Last edited by chrismouse; 01-17-2012 at 09:30 PM..
Old 01-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #6
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

bangkokyankee knows the way
bangkokyankee knows the waybangkokyankee knows the way

I found some silly thing about where you have to fill in the answers space - some at WKN will only accept the answer when using the cap button -the numbers appear the same but ...

not sure if that would help in this one

I haven't been to FB and being outside of the USA probably can't do it anyway

been a long time since I got an A in math so you might want to try the other answers too

Last edited by bangkokyankee; 01-17-2012 at 09:39 PM..
Old 01-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #7
hy not become a
Gift Guru

Robmomm has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

The parentheses in the equation are actually in the wrong place.............if you go to the Webkinz page on Facebook and look at the comments under the announcement about the contest people have posted the correct equation............the answer is 105.

Here's a copy of the equation with parentheses in the right spot:
(10x10 )+ (14-4รท2) =

Last edited by Robmomm; 01-17-2012 at 09:46 PM.. Reason: adding equation
Robmomm is offline Female
Old 01-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #8
BunnyT

kathyt67 is a jewel in the roughkathyt67 is a jewel in the rough

The correct answer is 105.

When doing a problem such as this (10 x 10) + (14 - 4) / 2, you do the parentheses first. Perhaps you may have not learned this yet but if if you're old like me you may remember it, you must follow the proper order of operations: Parentheses, Exponent, Multiplication, Division, Addition Subtraction (Please Excduse My Dear Aunt Sally).

Therefore, Parentheses first (10 x 10 = 100) + (14 - 4 = 10) / 2
Then Division (10) / 2 = 5 (Because the /2 part of the equation is associated with the (14 - 4) part of the problem)
Addition last: 100 + 5 = 105

I hope this helps!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #9
HAPPY DAYS

mommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicness
mommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicness

WOW, I have two degrees and very high grade point averages in everything and when I went to school seems like a hundred years ago now, we were taught differently.

That's why I decided to put the problem before my fellow WIers and now have the solution. I'll try this.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR GREAT INFORMATIVE HELP! I KNEW I COULD DEPEND ON YOU.

Mommysbabe19's grandmother.

If anyone needs help completing their challenges, just friend mommysbabe19, caseyshoddy58, and hoddyswebkinz2010. We'll be glad to help send things to our WI members.
mommysbabe19 is offline Female
Old 01-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #10
ebkinz A.my

AnotherKinzDad is stuck on replay
AnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replay

Smile Re: WEBKINZ PARENTS GIVEAWAY ON FACEBOOK

is
the
correct
answer.
AKD
Closed