Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 09:13 PM   #21
hat would you do for
Webkinz :)
webkinzlover122 has a spectacular aura aboutwebkinzlover122 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: virus attack

I have found a post that tells you more about it and how to get it off your computer. You should really check it out. =) I hope it helps everyone.

webkinzlover122 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2010, 11:10 PM   #22
ShadowRose07 is a name known to allShadowRose07 is a name known to allShadowRose07 is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by joshgrobanfan
It's coming from being on webkinz insider. It has happened to me several times. I X out of everything till all the pop ups stay away. I eventually end up seeing it again a few days later. It's ALWAYS on this site.
now that you mention it... evertime i get it i have wi tab open and it takes over THE ONLY WI TAB OPEN! theres something infecting wi and uii cant risk it.
ShadowRose07 is offline Female
Old 03-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #23
ant a Platypus
Zeb is a name known to allZeb is a name known to allZeb is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by Wolfyclub
its an ad, not WI.

report it to Justin immediatly. (sp?) tell him what ads were at WI at the moment, and the exact time.

it has nothing to do with ganz or WI.
Yes, it is an ad - but since it is an ad on the WI page, hopefully they can do something about it if they get enough info...

There is no way of knowing what all the ads were on the page at the time it happens, because the WI page dissapears, and is replaced by the fake antivirus (real virus) page. Unless you are reallllllllly into checking out the ads on every page every few minutes.....

I will note/post the time though, next time it happens.
Zeb is offline Female
Old 03-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #24
Call me Anna <3
pudgerodbulldog is a name known to allpudgerodbulldog is a name known to allpudgerodbulldog is a name known to all

That has not happened to me yet. Is it because of my pop-up blocker I have?
pudgerodbulldog is offline Female
Old 03-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #25
e Are Golden
div0716 is just really nicediv0716 is just really nice

This is exactly why my computere crashed... A couple of days ago the pop-up came up and I let it install. Not a good idea. Thankfully, my computer is woking again.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #26
Lil Kinz
starshynee is on a distinguished road

An update, yes I know that Ganz did not have the virus. But Ganz was under attack as to mean a nasty hacker/website/foreign country/etc. is attacking. When these people or their computers find a site with heavy traffic they hack into the internet grab a packet going to and from your computer and the site where you are visting. Sort of grabbing a ride. Norton's updated their virus definitions to catch the new variations on March 9. You would have to go to the site that you have virus protection with to find out their fix. They also have the possible remedy to fix. Unfortunately, no matter what you do sometimes you have to reformat or do a repair. If you take a image of your drive at various times all you would have to do is put the image back and of course do updates as the image is based on the date you did it and reinstall any programs that you added after the image date. So, if a month went by you would have to do updates to cover the month time lapse. Always update, but the virus definitions by alll companies sometimes come up with a fix after you computer got the virus. Hope this is helpful.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #27
neocat3miracle is sweet stuff
neocat3miracle is sweet stuffneocat3miracle is sweet stuffneocat3miracle is sweet stuffneocat3miracle is sweet stuffneocat3miracle is sweet stuff

Yeah this happened to me to! I highly suggest Kaspersky Internet security and Malware Anti-Malware! It fixed my problem! At least I think it did....
neocat3miracle is offline Female
Old 03-18-2010, 08:44 PM   #28
Webkinzlover953 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by camplittleangel
This is not connected with Ganz what so ever. I call this one the fly by virus program. It can show up anytime and with any site. As long as your port is open to access the internet this program can show up. WHAT EVER YOU DO WHEN THIS HAPPENS IS NOT TO CLICK OK OR INSTALL ANYTHING. You cannot get rid of it without purchasing the program....which is about $80....ALWAYS CLOSE IT OUT WITH THE X AND THEN RESTART YOUR COMPUTER. I have had to redue my neighbors comput, friends computer and daughters computer because they clicked the ok button. You cant get rid of that program without either purchasing it or formatting your drive and it will lock you out of your computer untill you do either one. Being an Computer Repair person myself I have learned to reconize the warning signs of this program...There is actually about 2 or three that do this. Stay clear of it if you possible can and warn your children as well not to click anything if it pops up.

I wish i had known that. I clicked ok on a virus prnogram called Spyware Guard and know it comes up whenever i log in to my computer. Better have my mom call the repair guy.
Webkinzlover953 is offline Female
Old 03-20-2010, 11:33 PM   #29
total5747 is on a distinguished road

Donation Award 

I am a subscriber. only 2 bucks a month. obviously the people that can put up pop ups pay more. I did not pay for this. I will unsubscribe! too many add pop ups!!!
total5747 is offline Female