Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
Lil Kinz
starshynee is on a distinguished road

Post virus attack

Just so everyone knows. It seems that the ganz site has a virus or some hacker has been able to access their site. This is the second time this has happened. While playing on the site I noticed that the site page www.webkinz.com switched over to a page that showed a site that indicated I had multiple viruses. It started a scan with a link to a site to purchase a virus protector. I did not. It tried though. I was having issues with signing on to the site and it was doing things like not being able to log out or not being able to log in to webkinz. I was able to log into any other site but not webkinz. Well I did a system restore and made sure I updated all my windows updates and norton's updates. Everything is working fine now. I did a system restore back to 2/26/2010 to catch anything else. Another friend of mine had the same issue the other day while playing on the site. The same thing happened. So, if anyone is having issues with this do a restore, update windows, update your virus protections, clean out all cache, including passwords. Make sure you uncheck the part under internet options when you delete the cache to include your favorite sites. If this is checked it will keep webkinz and not clean it out. Pass this on to Ganz. This might be why people are having issues with signing on and other issues. Unfortunately, when you make Ganz a trusted site or disable the pop-up blocker this sort of thing can happen.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #2
Glad to be a
Gift Guru

Serena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insider
Serena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insider

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 
Default Re: virus attack

View Post Originally Posted by starshynee
Just so everyone knows. It seems that the ganz site has a virus or some hacker has been able to access their site. This is the second time this has happened. While playing on the site I noticed that the site page www.webkinz.com switched over to a page that showed a site that indicated I had multiple viruses. It started a scan with a link to a site to purchase a virus protector. I did not. It tried though. I was having issues with signing on to the site and it was doing things like not being able to log out or not being able to log in to webkinz. I was able to log into any other site but not webkinz. Well I did a system restore and made sure I updated all my windows updates and norton's updates. Everything is working fine now. I did a system restore back to 2/26/2010 to catch anything else. Another friend of mine had the same issue the other day while playing on the site. The same thing happened. So, if anyone is having issues with this do a restore, update windows, update your virus protections, clean out all cache, including passwords. Make sure you uncheck the part under internet options when you delete the cache to include your favorite sites. If this is checked it will keep webkinz and not clean it out. Pass this on to Ganz. This might be why people are having issues with signing on and other issues. Unfortunately, when you make Ganz a trusted site or disable the pop-up blocker this sort of thing can happen.
The same thing happened to me Saturday, two days ago... the virus warning exactly as you described it. I did a computer cleanup, updated my virus protection, and all worked fine, for a while. Today, I had problems all day long trying to log on. The few times I have gotten on, it worked for a little while, then stopped, and I couldn't get on Webkinz with either Firefox or IE. I cleared cache, did another computer cleanup, got on for a little while, but was kicked off shortly again and had all the problems as you described above... repeatedly. My computer ran an automatic check earlier today and no issues were found. Everything except Webkinz is working normally.
Serena is offline Female
Old 03-09-2010, 06:58 AM   #3
Webkinz :)

camplittleangel is a glorious beacon of lightcamplittleangel is a glorious beacon of lightcamplittleangel is a glorious beacon of light

This is not connected with Ganz what so ever. I call this one the fly by virus program. It can show up anytime and with any site. As long as your port is open to access the internet this program can show up. WHAT EVER YOU DO WHEN THIS HAPPENS IS NOT TO CLICK OK OR INSTALL ANYTHING. You cannot get rid of it without purchasing the program....which is about $80....ALWAYS CLOSE IT OUT WITH THE X AND THEN RESTART YOUR COMPUTER. I have had to redue my neighbors comput, friends computer and daughters computer because they clicked the ok button. You cant get rid of that program without either purchasing it or formatting your drive and it will lock you out of your computer untill you do either one. Being an Computer Repair person myself I have learned to reconize the warning signs of this program...There is actually about 2 or three that do this. Stay clear of it if you possible can and warn your children as well not to click anything if it pops up.

Last edited by camplittleangel; 03-09-2010 at 07:00 AM..
camplittleangel is offline Female
Old 03-10-2010, 04:58 AM   #4
Gift Guru

sz11401 is a WI addict!
sz11401 is a WI addict!sz11401 is a WI addict!sz11401 is a WI addict!sz11401 is a WI addict!sz11401 is a WI addict!sz11401 is a WI addict!sz11401 is a WI addict!sz11401 is a WI addict!

This has happend to me yesterday and this morning. What is going on? I'll have to do a double backup just in case.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:01 PM   #5
Gift Guru

Webkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guide

Thanks for the news update! I'll be careful next time.
Webkinz-Waffles is offline Female
Old 03-10-2010, 09:03 PM   #6
elcome Spring!!

jenndriver has a reputation beyond reputejenndriver has a reputation beyond reputejenndriver has a reputation beyond reputejenndriver has a reputation beyond reputejenndriver has a reputation beyond reputejenndriver has a reputation beyond repute

It is NOT Ganz! This is same virus as before; they simply switched the address. I have those addresses if they can be of use to anyone.
jenndriver is offline Female
Old 03-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #7
Zeb
ant a Platypus

Zeb is a name known to allZeb is a name known to allZeb is a name known to all

This has happened to me TWICE today - but not through Webkinz/Ganz... It was my Webkinz Insider page that has dissapeared (once while I was in the middle of typing a post), and turned into the virus "warning" page... Grrrrrr !
Zeb is offline Female
Old 03-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #8

jazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonder

That happened to me last week and the Pop-up to buy "Antivirus Soft" IS THE ACTUAL VIRUS. If you click on it to order, it takes your credit card number and puts you in the "poor house".

I had to take my computer to my local guru and have my hard drive reformatted. Even with Windows Defender and Microsoft Security Essentials, this virus got through.

So, be careful out there.
jazzykinz is offline Female
Old 03-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #9
. Fun In The Sun! .
Gifted

MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!

I am sorry this has been happening to a lot of people! I will keep my eye out
MyPersian is offline Female
Old 03-11-2010, 03:41 PM   #10
Gift Guru

tashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicness
tashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicness

This has happened to me too, just an hour ago. Luckily we were able to system restore and it has now gone. It popped up when I came back into the forums.
tashytoot is offline Female
Closed