Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 03:06 AM   #1
i wish i was a
Webkinz :)

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

Default Unity player needs to keep being reinstalled to gain access to mazin hamsters

my mazin hamsters worked wonderfully for one week after i adopted nick but after chirstmas after one maintenance it stopped working ....... every other day it would not work......i have not been able to get in to do much of anything since then. i have uninstalled unity according to how the ganz cs rep told me, reinstalled it, but it wont take. in order to play at all i need to reinstall unity each day then i can SOMETIMES get in and play , but when i leave mh i cant get in again until i d/l unity again. sometimes when trying to access mh ww gives me a blue screen telling me in small white letters that i need to install unity and sometimes i get a fancy screen that gives me 3 options, none of which are to enter mh area..... it seems to not realize i have adopted two hamsters.

i dont know what to do besides call ganz again, but they keep telling me its my computer. if that is so, why can i get in sometimes, why does it work at all? and why the two different screens that tells me to d/l unity?

this is on my euro acct. my os is windows and it is the same on three different browsers.

anyone else have this problem? I pay good money for these hamsters and i cant get trophies they retire either. I CANT EVEN GET IN .......................

am i alone in this? im tired of reinstalling unity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BASMAT is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2011, 08:27 AM   #2
Yipes bunnies

Lucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to all
Lucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to all

Default Re: Unity player needs to keep being reinstalled to gain access to mazin hamsters

View Post Originally Posted by BASMAT
my mazin hamsters worked wonderfully for one week after i adopted nick but after chirstmas after one maintenance it stopped working ....... every other day it would not work......i have not been able to get in to do much of anything since then. i have uninstalled unity according to how the ganz cs rep told me, reinstalled it, but it wont take. in order to play at all i need to reinstall unity each day then i can SOMETIMES get in and play , but when i leave mh i cant get in again until i d/l unity again. sometimes when trying to access mh ww gives me a blue screen telling me in small white letters that i need to install unity and sometimes i get a fancy screen that gives me 3 options, none of which are to enter mh area..... it seems to not realize i have adopted two hamsters.

i dont know what to do besides call ganz again, but they keep telling me its my computer. if that is so, why can i get in sometimes, why does it work at all? and why the two different screens that tells me to d/l unity?

this is on my euro acct. my os is windows and it is the same on three different browsers.

anyone else have this problem? I pay good money for these hamsters and i cant get trophies they retire either. I CANT EVEN GET IN .......................

am i alone in this? im tired of reinstalling unity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hi again. is this the computer running vista? it is probably your computer. did you read the Unity minimum requirements re: your video card storage amount?? also when you do re-install, after removing the program do a search of your entire computer and see if there are any Unity files there and delete those and then do the re=install. then log off to complete the install.

Last edited by Lucy Hippo; 02-02-2011 at 10:05 AM..
Lucy Hippo is offline Female
Old 02-03-2011, 03:18 AM   #3
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

Default Re: Unity player needs to keep being reinstalled to gain access to mazin hamsters

i meet the minimum requiremenst and ive played in mh many time. it just wont let me in off and on and i have to reinstall so i dont get how it could possibly be my computer if im able to play and use the area at all. i just have to reinstall unity to do so............and i dont have the os you mentioned.

but thank you for the suggestion to do a search to see if any other files of unity are there. thank you!
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 02-03-2011, 03:44 AM   #4

Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest
Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest

I did have this problem for a while, maybe a month or so ago. I thought everyone couldn't get in, but then realized others were playing. I did like you, reinstalled Unity player, still nothing. Oddly it just fixed itself one day. So your not alone in having this weird glitch.
Lambchop77 is offline Female
Old 02-04-2011, 12:29 AM   #5
balletrockstar85
Gifted

balletrockstar is just really niceballetrockstar is just really nice

I've been having problems with Unity as well on Vista in IE and firefox, but they're different problems. I can get in, but when I go into any area in the hamlet, only about half (the "closest") visible area is in full color. The rest is really really light so you can barely see shadows of where you're going. It looks "foggy". When I first had the hamsters up, before they added the new medieval place, the hamlet was more visible than it was on my roommate's mac. That is not really cool that there's no foreseeable fix to this from Ganz. Maybe we should contact Unity and get them to work together with Ganz on it?

Edit: I uninstalled and re-installed unity and its a tiny bit better, but not completely better.

Last edited by balletrockstar; 02-04-2011 at 03:36 AM.. Reason: update software status
balletrockstar is offline Female
Old 02-04-2011, 03:49 AM   #6
i wish i was a

View Post Originally Posted by balletrockstar
I've been having problems with Unity as well on Vista in IE and firefox, but they're different problems. I can get in, but when I go into any area in the hamlet, only about half (the "closest") visible area is in full color. The rest is really really light so you can barely see shadows of where you're going. It looks "foggy". When I first had the hamsters up, before they added the new medieval place, the hamlet was more visible than it was on my roommate's mac. That is not really cool that there's no foreseeable fix to this from Ganz. Maybe we should contact Unity and get them to work together with Ganz on it?

Edit: I uninstalled and re-installed unity and its a tiny bit better, but not completely better.
i was thinking the same thing, SO TODAY I SENT AN EMAIL TO THEM from the company tab , which is the contact page, at unity3d.com. i will et you all know wht they say if they reply to me. i told them the ganz webkinz mazin hamster site is having a lot of unity player issues with players and can they work with ganz or do they have a solution to it?

i think many of us who have had problems of ANY kind withunity or mh need to tell ganz, because this WILL get bigger the more they add. if its just me or one other they wont care. if they will caare at all. i simply cant get in for over a month unless i reinstall unity. wheni called tweo weeks ago they said i wasnt reinstalling unity correctly............. i.e. its my computer.

its not. if it weere, IT WOULD NOT WORK AT ALL ON MY COMPUTER.

also, only the last two times i was in their did i ever get any gifts .......... i collected the boxes buttheynever gafe me anything. i thought you hhad to collect 3 to get a gift and i never could find three. now i can very eesily.

thank you for responding to this report. ive been loosing hope that others had problems.
im really at my wits end. for the whole webkinz experinece, ive had nothing but glitches all year. and ganz has a wad of my money. before you laugh at me, it was my still remaining hopeful with ganz and trying hamsters out and all............ im hanging on by a thread before i jsut quit. and i am grateful for the both of yu who responded but i feel with so few of us having problems they will do nothing. and all i get to do is read abut all the fun i cant have. it was the one thing that was giving me enjoyment lately with this hobby.

PLEASE IF YU HAVE HADANY TRUOBLE NOW OR IN THE PAST WITH LOADING OF THE HAMSTER AREA, PLEASE REPORT IT HERE! PLEASE? the more reports the more credibility this glitch has.

Last edited by BASMAT; 02-04-2011 at 04:21 AM..
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 02-08-2011, 02:01 AM   #7
i wish i was a

does anyone know if it matters about the screen resolution? i meet the minimum but i go way above it, would that kake it not work?

also, when downloading unity i always choose 'run' rather than 'save' ,would that matter?

there are two downloads you can choose, one with a blue bar and one non-full version with a black tab................. does that matter?
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 02-10-2011, 12:17 AM   #8
balletrockstar85
Gifted

balletrockstar is just really niceballetrockstar is just really nice

You should try saving the unity file, that could be the reason you have to reinstall it each time. I hope it works!
balletrockstar is offline Female
Old 02-10-2011, 01:45 AM   #9
i wish i was a

Thank you balletrockstar, its a good suggestion, i tried it yesterday and saving it hasnt mattered..............my computer shows i downloaded it in my add/remove programs section, and i have the icon on my desktop and had the setup/install thing to complete...........yet in two different browsers it wont let me in to mazin hamsters and tells me to download it!

Isnt ************anyone********** having this problem? Just me????
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 02-10-2011, 02:03 AM   #10
I miss you, Red
Gift Guru

Lolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter covered
Lolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter covered

Basmat - I feel your pain!

I have a 6 year old laptop. My husband had to actually add some memory to the computer to get it to run at all - after several installations/re-installations of Unity. I had to clear my cache and reboot any time I wanted to try. Then I would play and the hamsters would freeze in place every few minutes. One day I even went and deleted a bunch of files from my hard drive too.

BUT - the ONLY thing that worked was the 2 weeks when our virus software had expired - that takes up a lot of memory. We got new virus software and I couldn't even navigate around WI pages w/out having to clear my cache and hitting "refresh" between every page. Bottom line is that the only thing I do online is WI and WW - other than Bing searches on occasion. My husband (who is a computer engineer) just uninstalled our new virus software b/c it was clogging everything up. Now I can run Unity perfectly. The hamsters are fast and I have no troubles at all. We are taking this risk only b/c I am in dire need of a new desktop very soon - getting hard drive errors is the signal of hard drive "death".
Of course, I don't recommend anyone uninstall virus software but I wanted you to know it is a matter of memory. You might very well meet the minimum requirements, but lots of things (pictures, files, programs, etc.) clog up a computer. Can you run a diagnostic and delete files you no longer need? Put pictures on a flash drive? That might help a bit!
Me, I am looking forward to a new computer. I do a monthly newsletter for my children's elementary school and that is causing me a LOT of memory too!
Good luck - you are not alone!
Lolith is offline Female
Closed