Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Pitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clown

Exclamation Severe browser problem w/Webkinz

When in Trading Room or some arcade games, my computer - a very powerful, clean and well-maintained machine - slows down to a crawl. Task Manager shows >90% CPU load and huge increase in memory intake for the browser running Webkinz.

The effect is observed for all standard browsers (MSIE, FireFox, Chrome, Safari), all of them updated, including the latest version of Flash Player. I have cable Internet connection of virtually unlimited speed. Outside of Windows XP essentials, no other applications run alongside Webkinz. Please note that I am a professional programmer so suggestions to "clean the cache" or "turn the antivirus off" are redundant.

A preliminary investigation shows that the effect is a combined result of a well-known bug in Adobe Flash Player (graphic software in which Webkinz is written) and Ganz' sloppy programming that causes memory leaks. I'll gladly go into technical details with Ganz' tech personnel if asked.

Note: This bug is ABOVE and BEYOND critical and, if not addressed, will likely end my family's relationship with the Webkinz World very soon.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default Re: Severe browser problem w/Webkinz

Has this always happened on your accounts, or only since the start of Winterfest?

I always have problems with my Webkinz account during "fest" events.
FIA is offline Female
Old 01-25-2010, 02:48 PM   #3
Theatre910

Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicness
Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicness

Pitenana-

Have you also sent this information to Ganz?

Hopefully some of their staff who do look at this site might see this, which has
been mentioned by other programmers, and possibly pass it along, but no guarantee of that.
Twizzlerz is offline Female
Old 01-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #4

Pitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
Has this always happened on your accounts, or only since the start of Winterfest?

I always have problems with my Webkinz account during "fest" events.
No, this problem persists since introduction of Zum buddies. It appears to be unrelated to event-related server load.

View Post Originally Posted by Twizzlerz
Pitenana-

Have you also sent this information to Ganz?

Hopefully some of their staff who do look at this site might see this, which has
been mentioned by other programmers, and possibly pass it along, but no guarantee of that.
I had a chat with Ganz customer support who assured me that their programmers "know about the problem and are working on it"; I received neither additional information nor a chance to talk to technical staff. That, considering their efficiency in fixing other things, likely means that nothing will be done in any foreseeable future. In my professional estimate, it would require to either wait for Adobe's bugfix or pull out or rewrite large chunks of "core" code called or reused in many parts of Webkinz site; both are unlikely.

Today, I will run similar tests on my other three computers to figure out if perhaps my video card or router (fully functional for all other purposes) have something to do with the problem.

TECH. UPDATE: The problem may be at least partially related to keyboard handling. All key-controlled arcade games (Zingos Pop, Polarberry Jam, Tunneling Twigzy, Zacky's Quest) appear to produce the slowdown; mouse-controlled games (Get Eleven, DiceKinz, Candy Bash) do not. The worst slowdown is clearly generated by KinzChatPlus-version Trade Room (as opposed to regular, no-typing Trade Room, with has no such problem) - that, again, may point to keyboard input processing as the culprit. I really hope that Ganz receives these notes.

TECH. UPDATE: All activities that involve mouse dragging (KinzPost and Grocery jobs, trading room) cause the same program, too. Sorry for tech-speak but it is obvious now that the problem sits in the event listening code - most likely, based on my personal experience, event listeners are not properly cleaned so they create a performance drag AND burn memory. Ganz, PLEASE take note - we are not talking a glitch here, this issue may potentially kill your whole business!

Last edited by Pitenana; 01-26-2010 at 05:58 PM..
Closed