Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
Funnystori852
Webkinz :)

boarderlander is sweet stuff
boarderlander is sweet stuffboarderlander is sweet stuffboarderlander is sweet stuffboarderlander is sweet stuffboarderlander is sweet stuffboarderlander is sweet stuff

Default Safari 5.1.2 problem

We upgraded to Safari 5.1.2 today, and uploaded the most recent flashplayer, and now can't

When you use the mci... url, the cursor appears to be in the User Name box, but you can't type anything.
If you tab, it goes from the url box to the search box to the User Name box & just repeats those 3.

Other sites are okay.

We did all the usual things, including having the downloads verified.

We saw in the past mac users had this issue sometimes on other sites, but
we have a dell and no real answer was given on those problems.

Does anyone have any insight into this and how to fix?
(We are beyond refreshing/rebooting/cache answers)

Thanks.

Last edited by boarderlander; 12-29-2011 at 10:23 PM..
boarderlander is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #2
Fifth Harmony

angelpies has lots of talentangelpies has lots of talentangelpies has lots of talentangelpies has lots of talentangelpies has lots of talentangelpies has lots of talentangelpies has lots of talentangelpies has lots of talentangelpies has lots of talentangelpies has lots of talentangelpies has lots of talentangelpies has lots of talentangelpies has lots of talentangelpies has lots of talent

Default Re: Safari 5.1.2 problem

Try refershing
Sorry you are having this problem
Hope this helps!
angelpies is offline Female
Old 12-29-2011, 10:22 PM   #3

Misty(: is a ray of sunshineMisty(: is a ray of sunshine
Misty(: is a ray of sunshineMisty(: is a ray of sunshineMisty(: is a ray of sunshineMisty(: is a ray of sunshineMisty(: is a ray of sunshineMisty(: is a ray of sunshineMisty(: is a ray of sunshineMisty(: is a ray of sunshineMisty(: is a ray of sunshine

I had the same issue, even went as far as to uninstall the safari update.
I would suggest you use a different browser. Safari has been having a few issues with WW.
Misty(: is offline Female
Old 12-29-2011, 10:59 PM   #4

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

The exact same thing happened to me a week or so ago, and I asked the same question, but didn't really get an answer. The best suggestion anyone had was to type your username and password on the notepad, and the copy and paste them into the right boxes. It's a tad awkward, but it does work. I'd be happy to hear if anyone has a better solution.

Mostly we're using Firefox now, but we really liked Safari for Mazin' Hamsters, especially Moolah Mountain, as it runs the smoothest of all the browsers we use.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 12-29-2011, 11:33 PM   #5
Funnystori852

boarderlander is sweet stuffboarderlander is sweet stuffboarderlander is sweet stuffboarderlander is sweet stuffboarderlander is sweet stuffboarderlander is sweet stuff

Thanks, Ritzcracker, but...
just tried that, and the paste won't work in the UserName box.
And there's no way to get to Password.
(worked in the url & search box, but that does no good of course...).

Really odd.
I thought it might be flash or the ww interface, but the fact that similar happened to others in the
past on other sites seems to indicate a different problem source... Interesting, though.

We do have the other browsers, but they have issues too.
FF used to let us open mult. windows, but now only 1 and if it hangs all FF windows (with other stuff in them) hang and crash.
ie only works with 2 windows & is really slow.
Chrome isn't too happy either.

Wish we lived beside the library.
They only run ff, and a really old one (so spree doesn't work), but the other stuff does.

Last edited by boarderlander; 12-29-2011 at 11:35 PM..
Old 12-30-2011, 12:00 AM   #6
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

I installled Safari some time ago and quit using it for this very problem. The only thing I can sugges is to report it to Ganz by calling them but they will probably just tell you to used FF.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 12-30-2011, 12:34 AM   #7
Funnystori852

Well, for now they created a new user & loaded Safari 4.0.5 from the Apple site,
and that version is working fine.

It's a pain to switch users, but if I leave both running at least I can do my other work
in between time on ww.

I'll leave this open for a while in case any Safari gurus might weigh in...

Thanks, everyone.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:44 AM   #8

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by boarderlander
Thanks, Ritzcracker, but...
just tried that, and the paste won't work in the UserName box.
And there's no way to get to Password.
(worked in the url & search box, but that does no good of course...).
Try using this to log in: Welcome to Webkinz

Then try to copy and paste again. I can use Notepad, and I just also tried using Word, and either one I can copy and paste both my username and password. Do you get the flashing cursor when you click on the username box after opening Safari? If so, you should be able to right click your mouse to paste.

I've just made a discovery, and that is that the keyboard does not work with Webkinz on Safari. I can use arrow keys, but not the rest of the keyboard. I just tried playing lunch letters, and the keyboard is useless. There seems to some incompatibility, so that is why we can't log in. But give the copy and paste another try, and see if it makes any difference.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 12-30-2011, 01:52 PM   #9

ZingozandZangoz has disabled reputation

Default Log in text not working

Hello

I try to log into Webkinz and the text for my username and password will NOT show up. I try clicking the text bar (that usually helps) and typing it in but the text won't show up! I'm using the latest version of Safari. Please help

~Z&Z
Old 12-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #10
Funnystori852

Default Re: Log in text not working

I had that problem 2 days ago - there seems to be an issue with the latest Safari update.
My post is in Somebody Help! (one level up).
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...roblem-727398/

What we had to do is install the previous version of Safari.
It's been working fine since.

We set up a new User (on computer) & loaded it there.
OR you can uninstall safari & load the older version where you are.
Closed