Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Pitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clown

Thumbs down Programming incompetence?

Today, I reached my lifetime high score in Get Eleven. It took me over 4 years to become that good. And then, when I was about to celebrate my success, I got this:

snapshot.JPG

Since the game functioned quite fine before and after this particular round, I assume that my "unexpectedly" high score was the issue. I understand that cheating happens, but please, Ganz, why are you punishing honest players for your inability to protect your code?

Thank you, Ganz. NOT!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
acky 1964 Record!

lisa1964 is epic beyond epicnesslisa1964 is epic beyond epicnesslisa1964 is epic beyond epicness
lisa1964 is epic beyond epicnesslisa1964 is epic beyond epicnesslisa1964 is epic beyond epicnesslisa1964 is epic beyond epicnesslisa1964 is epic beyond epicnesslisa1964 is epic beyond epicnesslisa1964 is epic beyond epicnesslisa1964 is epic beyond epicnesslisa1964 is epic beyond epicnesslisa1964 is epic beyond epicnesslisa1964 is epic beyond epicnesslisa1964 is epic beyond epicnesslisa1964 is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Programming incompetence?

I'm sorry that happened to you. It's not fair when you are honest and are treated as though you are not.
lisa1964 is offline Female
Old 08-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
ebkinz Day - YAY!
Gifted

WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness
WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

Oh the frustration! I am so sorry that happened to you. I hope if you call Ganz, they will make it right. Good luck.
WetNose is offline Female
Old 08-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
zacspet defies all odds
zacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all odds

This happened to my friend [Well not really friend] Earlier today. I think it has to do with the errors today ,
zacspet is offline Male
Old 08-15-2011, 06:16 PM   #5
Diabetes Awareness
pets4pam is on a distinguished road

Is this why I cannot play Zingoz pop? I have tried 4 times and had to log (F5- it would not even log off)
Old 08-15-2011, 11:02 PM   #6

missmyhoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh that's upsetting to get highest score - then not get it. Maybe programming incompetence is why I have to open Wishing Well 2 twice everyday (first time is always blue screen) and I figured that's why it is WW2. Also usually have to log in at least twice because the big W just likes to sit there and blink at me and also couldn't play Zingoz Pop today and Tile Towers locks up when I'm done. WW has some wonderful features and has brought me countless hours of enjoyment but I think maybe they are trying to get too fancy now and it is wreaking havoc. Sometimes simple is better.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:46 PM   #7
smurf1120

urf1120 is a name known to allurf1120 is a name known to allurf1120 is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by missmyhoney
Oh that's upsetting to get highest score - then not get it. Maybe programming incompetence is why I have to open Wishing Well 2 twice everyday (first time is always blue screen) and I figured that's why it is WW2. Also usually have to log in at least twice because the big W just likes to sit there and blink at me and also couldn't play Zingoz Pop today and Tile Towers locks up when I'm done. WW has some wonderful features and has brought me countless hours of enjoyment but I think maybe they are trying to get too fancy now and it is wreaking havoc. Sometimes simple is better.
I totally agree. Lets face it. Read WI glitch report from the past couple weeks alone. I mean "holy cow". It's glitch after glitch after glitch. I happen to love get eleven myself and have never come close to that high score, and I congratulate that score from Pitenana, but if that was my high score and that happened to me, I would have been furious....Ok it is like this. Webkinz world is really wonderful, but at some point as Ganz added new parks, games, things to do etc....over and over again, maybe their servers have not really kept up with all the additions to WW....in other words Webkinz World seems to be over running the servers that are supposed to keep it going. I am looking forward to the new Adventure Park but I ask myself with that new addition, if we are in store for more problems. I know Ganz is probably doing their best, at least I hope, but maybe either they need to slow things down a bit or shut WW down for half a day or so and let their programmers re-vamp the entire system. I have contacted Ganz on several occasions via telephone with several issues, and I must say they have always been really great with me and their customer service, but some of these issues really are getting ridiculous...and far to frequent, and thats the scary part. Hopefully they will get some of these things resolved and soon....and then I wonder was your error box you received a result of Ganz not thinking you really earned that score, or was it another glitch. At any rate I believe you earned that score and, once again congratulations.

Last edited by urf1120; 08-15-2011 at 11:55 PM..
urf1120 is offline Male
Old 08-15-2011, 11:46 PM   #8
mycatsnores
Banned
Sleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talent

I'm sorry you got ripped off! That is so much time and work.

That used to happen to me all the time when Smoothie Moves first came out and Adventure Park (which as you know takes a long time to finish!). I'd get a really high score only to get a message saying something, politely, to the effect that there was no way you could get that kind of score unless you cheated. It's bad enough losing all that Kinzcash but then to be told you must have not got it honestly?

What Ganz told me was to send the screen shot to their support people and explain the circumstance. They needed to know that the programming needed to be adjusted. Which I did about eleventy hundred times. The good news? After about 9 months they did adjust the game so that it recognized that some of us are JUST that talented I still get high scores in Plumpy's hairdressing game that give me the same "Oh yeah? Well we think you cheated!" message. The hard learned lesson there was to realize the game had a "cap" and even if you could get higher than that, you just had to make sure you didn't and keep it in acceptable numbers.

Even if Ganz won't credit you for your awesome score, now that we all know, I will lead the cheer...WTG on your great score!! I bow to your awesomeness!
Sleeping Awake is offline Female
Old 08-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #9
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things
monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things

The problem is that there are hundreds, perhaps thousands, of players that cheat in the Arcade every day. I too have run into scorecaps in some games, but then there are games in which players go far past a reasonable score by using a cheat program and still get credit for it. Like today for Polar Plunge, and every time that game is the GOTD - it is impossible to get more than 11,300 points or so in that game, and the "high score" is more than 16,000.

I just don't know what the correct balance is for this... I think they need to work on a way to completely rid the site of influence from those cheat programs and harshly crack down on those who use them. For many games like Operation Gumball and Tile Towers it is quite easy to tell some of those who are cheating!

Then if they can rid the site of the cheaters, we might not need score caps at all.
monkeecj is offline Male
Old 08-16-2011, 10:06 AM   #10
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

Contact Ganz. I had the same problem with Lily Padz 2 when it came out, and I told them i lost 300-ish KC and two scores for the Tournament Arena. They fixed it and awarded me 1000 KC for telling them
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Closed