Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Pop out Kellogg's Ads cause flash to crash

I have been having trouble with the Pop Out Kellogg's ads (the save the nephew and Who has the Best Moves ones).
Not only do the expand out of their ad placement, they do so inconveniently When ever you go to a different part of Webkinz world you have to look for the 'Close' [X] before you can continue. It is frustrating and annoying.
I tried putting the ads into ad block but for some reason they don't follow the same rules.
Also because they are very graphic intense I have had my Flash Player give me the scripting error messages and also have actually had my login page crash, especially in FireFox
(please do not comment on my pet, I have to get it that way to feed it 25 berries)

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Dixiecup; 06-25-2012 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: adding overlay ad
Dixiecup is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #2
Got Ghosts!

Babs is too good to be trueBabs is too good to be trueBabs is too good to be true
Babs is too good to be trueBabs is too good to be trueBabs is too good to be trueBabs is too good to be trueBabs is too good to be trueBabs is too good to be trueBabs is too good to be trueBabs is too good to be trueBabs is too good to be trueBabs is too good to be trueBabs is too good to be trueBabs is too good to be trueBabs is too good to be trueBabs is too good to be trueBabs is too good to be true

Default Re: Pop out Kellogg's Ads cause flash to crash

Haven't had that problem, never saw the ad. I am having ad issues on wkn. Heading to ww to check it out.
Babs is offline Female
Old 06-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

I think it might be a regional issue, Babs. I have been having issues with this for almost a year now. It is the one where they want you to enter to win one of 7 touch tablets, so I am guessing it is mostly a Canadian issue. We have different rules about advertising and winning stuff.
Seriously, though, it gets me that a company like Kellogg's can barrage us with insane content about their product but Ganz isn't allowed to do that.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #4
Bruins!
Webkinz :)

jarrett211 has lots of talentjarrett211 has lots of talentjarrett211 has lots of talentjarrett211 has lots of talentjarrett211 has lots of talentjarrett211 has lots of talentjarrett211 has lots of talentjarrett211 has lots of talentjarrett211 has lots of talentjarrett211 has lots of talentjarrett211 has lots of talentjarrett211 has lots of talentjarrett211 has lots of talentjarrett211 has lots of talent

I'm sorry this is happening to you. Have you tried switching browsers? I recommend trying that first. I recommend using Safari for Mac and Firefox or Google Chrome for PC. If that doesn't work, then maybe you should contact Ganz to see if they can help you. I'll just leave the link here:

Contact Ganz - Webkinz Insider Wiki

I hope this helps!
jarrett211 is offline Male
Old 06-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #5

Ritzcracker has rep to infinity and beyond!Ritzcracker has rep to infinity and beyond!Ritzcracker has rep to infinity and beyond!
Ritzcracker has rep to infinity and beyond!Ritzcracker has rep to infinity and beyond!Ritzcracker has rep to infinity and beyond!Ritzcracker has rep to infinity and beyond!Ritzcracker has rep to infinity and beyond!Ritzcracker has rep to infinity and beyond!

I've been getting those ads as well, and I am extremely annoyed with Kellogs. In fact, I've been seriously considering writing to Kellogs and telling them I am so annoyed with their advertising that I will refuse to buy any of their products as long as that ad is running. If enough of us did that, it may change their opinion about intrusive advertising. I ended up blocking 3rd party ads because I got so frustrated with it, but I have some expired accounts I take care of for some kids, and I can't block them there. I have also used one of the log in links that have no advertising at all such as the one inside the customer service page, but that gives me a few other issues, such as not logging out properly. Would anyone be interested in joining me in writing a complaint to Kellogs?
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 06-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #6
here's the time gone

polarbear09 knows the way
polarbear09 knows the waypolarbear09 knows the way

I have not had this problem on webkinz but on other sites. I can also say I haven't seen these particular ads on my US account. But recently a problem I had resolved itself-the floating dock items. So, hopefully an upcoming update will fix the issue. Did you contact ganz to make them aware.

PS--Swallowing those 25 berries takes a while. I did the same thing, got the hunger down and ate!
polarbear09 is offline Female
Old 06-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #7
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

I will be more than happy to do this as well, Ritzy I won't block 3rd party ads because many of the cool items we can get are through the 3rd party ads and it takes 30 days to unlock that function again Right now with the falling marshmallows coming in July I don't want to chance it.
It messes up playing things like the Lorax challenge a while back. My Granddaughter is totally locked out because she did this when she was too young to know any better and we may never be able to resolve this issue.

Awww, thank you for understanding Polarbear

View Post Originally Posted by jarrett211
I'm sorry this is happening to you. Have you tried switching browsers? I recommend trying that first. I recommend using Safari for Mac and Firefox or Google Chrome for PC. If that doesn't work, then maybe you should contact Ganz to see if they can help you. I'll just leave the link here:

Contact Ganz - Webkinz Insider Wiki

I hope this helps!
Yes, Jarrett, I did do this. I have sent a couple of ow.ly links through the twitter PM venue and I am hoping this gets results. I did not want to make it a public issue until it became a real issue. I have used a variety of browsers and I have put them in my ad block in the privacy section of my Tools and options. No success

Last edited by Dixiecup; 06-25-2012 at 11:22 AM..
Old 06-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #8
Theatre910

Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicness
Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicness

There is a different Kellogg's pop-out I get in US.
Not as bad, but still frustrating.

Probably time to call Kellogg's 800 number.
My policy is to avoid retailers who have ads like this.
General Mills benefits!
I'm sure that will at least be booted upstairs a bit.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #9

gramys is a name known to allgramys is a name known to allgramys is a name known to all

I am having the same issue with Kellogg's ads, am in Canada as well.
Since I am not very computer savvy, I just "x" out of the ad and wait until it unfreezes my screen.
Thank you Dixiecup for your post, Ritzcracker as well.
Now I know I am not alone, but do not know how to change anything.
gramys is offline Female
Old 06-25-2012, 12:38 PM   #10

Ritzcracker has rep to infinity and beyond!Ritzcracker has rep to infinity and beyond!Ritzcracker has rep to infinity and beyond!
Ritzcracker has rep to infinity and beyond!Ritzcracker has rep to infinity and beyond!Ritzcracker has rep to infinity and beyond!Ritzcracker has rep to infinity and beyond!Ritzcracker has rep to infinity and beyond!Ritzcracker has rep to infinity and beyond!

I just found some contact information on this page of their website:

The first one is a form you can fill out and submit via e-mail, the others are phone # and regular mail:

User Information

If your question or concern cannot be addressed via e-mail, call 1-888-876-3750 (Monday – Friday, from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Eastern Time).

Write us at Kellogg Canada Inc., 5350 Creekbank Rd., Mississauga, ON L4W 5S1

I'll write up a draft letter and post it here for comments.

Okay, this is what I have come up with. I'd appreciate any feedback. You are free to use it, but I would suggest that you modify it a bit to suit your circumstances and so it doesn't appear that the same person is sending in all these complaints.

I am writing regarding an advertisement from Kellogs. Our family enjoys playing on Webkinz, a website where kids can play with their stuffed animals online. For the last few months we have become increasingly annoyed with several of your advertisements that are running on this site. There are many ads on the side of the page, and that is acceptable. Your advertisements, however, jump out into the middle of the page, and interfere with what we are doing. Specifically, these are ads for Fruit Loops and to win a touch screen tablet from Rice Krispies. While playing, these ads pop up and we click on them without intending to. Then we get sent to another website, and thereby lose whatever game we were playing. And this is happening constantly, probably every 2-3 minutes.
To me, this is completely unacceptable advertising. I find it extremely intrusive; in fact it almost seems like we are being assaulted or kidnapped by being forced to go somewhere we do not wish to be. In addition, my children have limited computer time, and they do not wish to spend it on your website, nor do I wish them to be redirected to another site. I want you to know that I have become so exasperated with your advertisement, that I will not be purchasing any of your products as long as these ads are running. I would appreciate it if you would address this issue promptly. This type of advertising is causing you to lose me as a customer.

Last edited by Ritzcracker; 06-25-2012 at 12:38 PM..
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Closed