Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
Banned
WizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguise
WizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguise

Exclamation No longer getting "you have won" box on log in

I'm classifying this as "major" because it is a a major annoyance.

Up until Saturday, and as long as everyone in our family used I.E. we got the "you have won" pop up.

Once we got a new computer with Windows 7 installed NO browser we use gives us any indication of what we have won from any of the PAN, floating contests, or click to win events. It's so aggravating not knowing what you might have won and not knowing where in the dock to look for it.

I have called Ganz and was told THEY could log into our accounts and get the pop up box for today and identify what each account won, but they could not tell me why we can't get the pop up ourselves.

Has anyone else been able to work around this, and if so, could you please tell me how?
WizardsGirl is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
owza! I'm on
Webkinz :)

chevboy is a glorious beacon of lightchevboy is a glorious beacon of lightchevboy is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: No longer getting "you have won" box on log in

Windows 7 is not designed for all of Webkinz's requirements, though Vista and XP are. I have Win7, and Webkonz doesn' t stay on for more than thirty minutes bedore an error. WinXP continues to be compatible to Webkinz. I don't think this is Ganz's fault, perhaps its Microsoft's fault? If you could get XP or Vista, or even get a demo, this'll be fixed. If not, well, you're out of luck, sorry! I hope I helped! Happy Webkinz-ing!

Last edited by chevboy; 01-09-2012 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: spelling, hope I helped, I heart webkinzing
Old 01-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
Banned
WizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguiseWizardsGirl is Justin in disguise

View Post Originally Posted by chevboy
Windows 7 is not designed for all of Webkinz's requirements, though Vista and XP are. I have Win7, and Webkonz doesn' t stay on for more than thirty minutes bedore an error. WinXP continues to be compatible to Webkinz. I don't think this is Ganz's fault, perhaps its Microsoft's fault? If you could get XP or Vista, or even get a demo, this'll be fixed. If not, well, you're out of luck, sorry! I hope I helped! Happy Webkinz-ing!
Thank you so much for the info! I'm surprised, though, that the Ganz people were clueless that getting a new computer with Windows 7 would prevent us from getting the "you have won" pop up.

Apparently the reps are using something other than Windows 7 since when the rep logged into each family account yesterday THEY got the pop showing what each account had won.

Again, thanks. It just stinks that Ganz can't keep up with new operating systems.

Just an added thought. I was told Webkinz won't work with I.E. 9. We were not even using I.E. 9. We are using I.E. 8 for Windows 7. The I.E. version for Windows XP could not be installed on our new computer.

It still stinks that Ganz refuses to make their site compatible with all operating systems and all browsers.

But, again, thanks for your help!

Last edited by WizardsGirl; 01-10-2012 at 02:58 PM..
Old 01-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #4

sonnyboy44 knows the way
sonnyboy44 knows the way

Hi, I have Windows XP and until a few weeks ago I did get the pop up with prizes won Too. Now it doesn't show up anymore so we have no clue what we won, especially food items. I called Ganz and they told me they were aware of the problem, but had no clue when it would be fixed. So we aren't the only ones!! It is very upsetting!!
sonnyboy44 is offline Female
Old 01-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #5
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by sonnyboy44
Hi, I have Windows XP and until a few weeks ago I did get the pop up with prizes won Too. Now it doesn't show up anymore so we have no clue what we won, especially food items. I called Ganz and they told me they were aware of the problem, but had no clue when it would be fixed. So we aren't the only ones!! It is very upsetting!!
Hi there!

We got our new computer on Friday and didn't log into Webkinz until Saturday. That is when OUR problems started.

As long as I was running Windows XP Pro and using I.E. 8.0 for XP pro, we had no problems with getting the pop up box for "you have won".

It is NO fun at all to play the various PAN, click to wins, whatever when you can't even SEE what you won and have no idea where to look in your dock for items.

But thanks. I'm just annoyed that Ganz can't be bothered to stay up-to-date with new operating systems.

Again, thanks for you response.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:37 AM   #6
Theatre910

Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicness
Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicness

A new item will go to the end of a section, so go to start of
Clothing& backtrack for food,
Coupons & backtrack for clothing,
& Objects & backtrack for furniture.
For objects, you just need to click to the end
(I've sent lots of requests in for an End of Dock selection on the drop-down; it would save so much time.)

We've spent the last week creating walk-in pantries & closets to reduce the items in the docks.
That also helps you see what's new.
Twizzlerz is offline Female
Old 01-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #7
Wacky and
Gifted

aug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy day
aug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy day

You have to use this link.

Webkinz World - Come In and Play
aug2168 is offline Female
Old 01-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
Banned

Talking Re: No longer getting "you have won" box on log in

View Post Originally Posted by aug2168
You have to use this link.

Webkinz World - Come In and Play
Thank you! That link DOES show the 'you have won' pop up. You are fantastic!
Old 01-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #9

CJT179 has a brilliant futureCJT179 has a brilliant futureCJT179 has a brilliant futureCJT179 has a brilliant futureCJT179 has a brilliant future

Hmm...

I have Windows 7 on my laptop and everything runs just fine.

Although this may not make a difference, do you know if your computer is 32 or 64-bit?

My laptop is 64-bit, which usually means it can handle more, and faster.

I really hope you can solve your problem.

EDIT: Oops, sorry. I just saw that you solved the problem.
CJT179 is offline Male
Old 01-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #10
crosses
Gift Guru

crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!

I haven't gotten it for months. It makes me not even want to do any of the click-to-wins because its no fun if you can't even tell what you won!!! I don't see why they can't tell you what you win right then like they do in the Winterfest snowflakes.
crosses is offline Female
Closed