Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 01:24 AM   #11
Wacky luvz Jelly!
Webkinz :)

jellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicness
jellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: New Valentine's Rooms Incompatible with Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit

I was able to play it when I went to my parents' house, so I was able to earn the trophy. I'm going to try uninstalling and re-installing the unity web player when my hubby gets a chance to do that. I also told my sister to play it when she goes to our parents' house. If Ganz can't or won't work on this, maybe you could find another computer to go to and play that one maze. It's really a fun maze, and I wish I could play it at home, but that seems to be the only answer so far. Good luck.
jellytab is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2011, 02:04 AM   #12
KraftyMomOf2

KraftyMomOf2 is just really niceKraftyMomOf2 is just really nice

Default Re: New Valentine's Rooms Incompatible with Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit

Vista made two of my computers totally worthless. There some major problems with flash 10, there is a new release though.
Definitely let WW know about the new problems though. Tweet them, call them, send contact email from the site.

Then as soon as you can, upgrade to Windows 7! It is so much better than Vista.

KraftyMomOf2 is offline Female
Old 02-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #13

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber

I have Vista and had only a few problems with the hamsters until the heart room. Now I only do my key craze because I can't even click on the room preview of the heart room without my computer crashing.

This is certainly a MAJOR problem Ganz and it needs to be fixed.

I haven't tried it on my old computer with XP or my netbook with Windows 7 because they are so slow with the hamsters anyway.
CheekyDB is offline Female
Old 03-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #14
Diabetes Awareness
pets4pam is on a distinguished road

Default Banner Blitz crashed computer

I was on the next to last maze on Banner Blitz, near the end. I had just gone into a new (sorry, I can't remember which, bt I think it was a garden maze)) and it went haywire. I had to unplug the computer to stop it.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #15
Gifted

Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish
Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish

Default Re: Banner Blitz crashed computer

That is weird, but I don't think its webkinz. You might want to do a scan
Cheesy1 is offline Female
Old 03-26-2011, 10:42 AM   #16

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by pets4pam
I was on the next to last maze on Banner Blitz, near the end. I had just gone into a new (sorry, I can't remember which, bt I think it was a garden maze)) and it went haywire. I had to unplug the computer to stop it.
I know exactly what happened when you entered the THIRD maze of the MEDIUM difficulty level of Banner Blitz. Entering the LAST MAZE of the medium difficulty level will do the same thing to your computer.

This problem is widespread but seldom reported or reported accurately because everyone blames their computer when, in fact, it is more than just a glitch ... it is FAULTY PROGRAMMING at Ganz's end. Trust me on this one for I know of what I speak.

To identify the problem people are experiencing, I urge you to read the FIRST TWO POSTS of this thread and then you'll be up-to-date for the rest of this post.

Since little information has been posted about this problem, I am going to further elaborate so hopefully others that are experiencing it can at least receive some valid information about it.

THE FACTS

1. It's not your fault !! Your computer, operating system (Vista, Windows 7, Windows XP, etc), choice of browser, and/or choice of graphics driver (a hardware component) and even the Unity plugin are NOT the problem.

It does not matter what type of account you have (deluxe or no deluxe), what time zone the account is in, how many pets or hamsters are on the account or how many items you have in your dock.

It has nothing to do with a virus, trojan, spyware, malware or anything else that can infect your computer.

If you call Ganz about this issue and they try to tell you that the problem is at your end, IT IS NOT. However, if your operating system and graphics driver don't agree with the programming of the newly added rooms, it's gonna happen to you.

So should we all run out and buy new computers or should Ganz just fix their faulty programming concerning the new rooms and any future rooms they intend to add ?? Well, you do the math ....

2. The problem concerns the following ROOMS and no other part of the Mazin' Hamster area ~

(a) Pouring Hearts Room (Valentine Room that started this whole mess)
(b) Rainbow's End Room
(c) Botancial Park Room
(d) Golden Gated Rainbow Room
(e) Foosball Room
(f) Probably any future rooms Ganz intends on adding to Mazin' Hamsters

3. The problem will occur if you ~

(a) Try playing in a maze set where any of the above rooms are used;

(b) Use one of the newly programmed rooms when building a maze;

(c) Preview one of the newly programmed rooms in the Mazin' Mall;

(d) Preview one of the newly programmed rooms when you want your hamsters to build you the room.

Ironically, your hamsters can build a gazillion of these rooms and there are no problems whatsoever in doing so, but the moment you do anything else with those rooms, you're pooched.

4. The irony is that this problem will only affect some people and not all. I have two computers using two operating systems (Windows 7 Home Premium and the other is Windows XP) and two different graphics drivers. My second computer using Windows XP can handle the new rooms just fine. So I have this problem on one computer, but not the other.

HOW DO WE KNOW THE PROBLEM IS NOT WITH OUR COMPUTERS BUT WITH GANZ'S PROGRAMMING ??

Well, we know this for a fact because no one reported this problem occuring with any other rooms until the Pouring Hearts Room was introduced to Mazin' Hamsters and then every new room added after that causes the problem.

SO WHY ARE THE NEW ROOMS GANZ IS ADDING CAUSING THIS PROBLEM ??

I don't know. We'd have to ask Ganz ...

SO WHAT DO I DO NOW THAT I KNOW THE PROBLEM ISN'T AT MY END ??

Nothing you can do other than call Ganz. Unfortunately, only until Ganz acknowledges there is a serious problem with the new rooms they are programming and Ganz fixes their programming will those of us affected by their faulty programming be able to have anything to do with those rooms.

In the meantime, if you do any of the things I've mentioned in this post concerning the newly added rooms and your computer goes haywire (and trust me, you'll know what I mean when I use the word "haywire"), just turn off your computer using the power button on your computer tower. Wait 10-15 seconds to let your computer recover and then turn it back on. Then avoid those rooms like the plague !!

BUT ... BUT ... IF I AVOID THOSE NEWLY ADDED ROOMS, I WON'T BE ABLE TO GET MY TROPHY !!

That's right. You've been pooched by Ganz. A large percentage of your Mazin' Hamster world experience just went out the window.

But all sarcasm aside, if you don't have a second computer in your household that isn't affected by the faulty programming in Ganz's newly added rooms, perhaps you could see if a friend or relative's computer isn't affected by the problem and complete the mazes you need to get your trophy. Failing that, you could try the computer(s) at your public library and hopefully they aren't affected by the problem. If every computer you try is affected by the problem, then your outta luck ..... unless and until Ganz fixes the programming of the newly added rooms. [sigh]

Last edited by MysticZon; 03-26-2011 at 06:42 PM..
MysticZon is offline Female
Old 03-26-2011, 04:21 PM   #17
Diabetes Awareness
pets4pam is on a distinguished road

Thank You. I have had my computer crash visiting a room in the MAZIN MALL ( and I think it could have been that Valentine room) and another maze I think Banner Abound ( so I don't go back into it.) I have Windows Vista. Someone from the E-Store told my to try Foxfire instead of IE because it is more stable ( When the wall paper I purchased turned to blue paint when applied and Ganz would not fix it). I tried, but foxfire will not load on my computer. I have had numerous thing happen in Hamster Area. I did not get the Twilight Ball Gown it said I had won. and a few times hamsters getting stuck in challenge game in the Hamlet.

My computer WAS updated and scanned. Avast appears to do a good job. I clean my cache regularly. I Still have many bizarre problems with the Hamsters!

Last edited by pets4pam; 03-26-2011 at 04:21 PM..
Old 03-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #18
♥ FTP ♥
Gift Guru

kittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roost

Don't worry-your definately not the only one-I tried to get it and had the same results 16 times. I finally decided it was my computer and asked my mom to use her brand new work computer-and it worked fine. The screen would flash black 3 times, and then it would say "Auto-adjusting screen" and then any sound on my computer would repeat with a beeping noise. This is by far the worst hamster glitch so far.
kittyhub54 is offline Female
Old 03-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #19

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by kittyhub54
Don't worry-your definately not the only one-I tried to get it and had the same results 16 times. I finally decided it was my computer and asked my mom to use her brand new work computer-and it worked fine. The screen would flash black 3 times, and then it would say "Auto-adjusting screen" and then any sound on my computer would repeat with a beeping noise. This is by far the worst hamster glitch so far.
Hi Kittyhub. As I said in my lengthy post above, this problem is way more widespread than is being reported simply because people assume the problem is with their computer ~ especially when it goes "haywire" and you're sitting there thinking "Oh no, what have *I* done ?? How do I make this stop ?? My computer is going to self-destruct in 3 seconds !!"

Aren't you glad to know it's not your computer, but rather a wee bit of Ganz's faulty hamster programming ?? !!

Last edited by MysticZon; 03-26-2011 at 08:51 PM..
MysticZon is offline Female
Old 03-29-2011, 06:45 PM   #20
janesosquare
Gift Guru

missquarejane is just really nicemissquarejane is just really nice

this glitch has been a serious problem here on our computer with windows vista. my son plays on that computer and any time he goes to a maze with cinnamon's room, not only does it not load but it shuts down the computer completely.
missquarejane is offline Female
Closed