Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #21
Theatre910
Webkinz :)

Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicness
Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Mirror, Mirror Room Not Available on all US Accounts

This is mostly if you see the room, but can't get the movie to play.
Removing the "_s " in the url (address bar) MAY show the room.
I did run across one computer where the room appeared for ie and ff, but not for Chrome or Opera.

Okay, based on multiple computers, including several at library and hotels, and comments in threads, here's my 2 cents:

You must log in using the main Welcome to Webkinz screen and then the login button.
You will get a new screen with a url of
Webkinz World - Come In and Play
[with space between // for readablility:
http:/ /www.webkinz.com/webkinz.html?go=loadReturnUserW&aol=0&fs=0
]

OR
Webkinz World - Come In and Play
[with space between // for readablility:
http:/ /www.webkinz.com/webkinz_s.html?go=loadReturnUserW&aol=0&fs=0
]

It MAY not have writing after the html.

IF you have the _s.html, it seems to have something to do with your screen settings.
You will NOT see the movie UNLESS you remove the "_s" and hit enter.
Then you CAN play the movie, BUT the ads on the right will overwrite the left side of the ww area of the screen, often blocking the X out of an activity,
and you best then login the regular way for the rest of your day's activities.
Also, I could not get SPREE to come up in this scenario.

IF you DO NOT have the "_s" you should be okay & see the movie, but might need to use the other entry (e.g. cust service mci2.) to play SPREE.

IF you log in using the Customer Service screen, your normal url is:
http://mci2.webkinz.com/webkinz.html...erW&aol=0&fs=0

(maybe nothing after .html).

I could not get the movie to play with this combo, only get the apple, but could play spree.

Good luck!

Happy St. Patrick's Day - March 17th

Support the NO SOPA movement - stay aware of upcoming legislation.
Member: Save the Twinkees! & other Hostess treats. Join in the Are You Game? section.

Last edited by Twizzlerz; 03-08-2012 at 09:15 PM..
Twizzlerz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #22
Glad to be a
Gift Guru

Serena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insider
Serena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insider

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

I found a fix for my missing Mirror Mirror Room. I had made sure third party ads weren't blocked, cleared cache (many times), restarted the computer(s) many times, called Ganz ("we're working on it"). I was using IE and FF.
I downloaded Google Chrome, and have the Mirror Mirror room on all accounts now - Asian, European & U.S. - but ONLY on Chrome. I'm grateful for that.
Still no Mirror Mirror on FF or IE.
I hope this update helps someone.
Serena is offline Female
Old 03-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #23

Jae's Momma has much to be proud ofJae's Momma has much to be proud ofJae's Momma has much to be proud ofJae's Momma has much to be proud ofJae's Momma has much to be proud of

Exclamation Tired of the constant problems Ganz has !!!!

View Post Originally Posted by meeshelyse
....I feel if anything, complaining to the BBB might get Webkinz World taken away, not fixed... sorry guys, but I disagree with complaining.
Totally disagreeing here. This might be a valid concern if the site were free. But this is a PAY-TO-PLAY site. Ganz is raking in the money, hand over fist! They have a LEGAL obligation to make the site work.

There is no difference between the Webkinz World site and going into your local store and buying a Nintendo DS (or XBox, or Wii, etc), taking it home, giving it to your kids then watching the upset because the game doesn't work properly. They turn the game on, the menu screen comes up, they make their selection and the screen begins loading but sticks there. They finally find something that works so they begin playing that portion. Then it suddenly loses power! Their game is gone! Your kids are very upset. You spent a lot of money buying the game. So you should be as upset as they are.
In frustration, you tell the kids to play another game in the console, but that one does the same thing - possibly in various ways, but they all malfunction in one way or another.
Will you sit back and tell them to live with it? Or will you return the game to the store and complain!?!?!
You take it back to the store!!!!
When you get to the store, they refuse a refund because the games have been opened and played with. So your ony choice is to go directly to the manufacturer. But when you do that repeatedly with nothing changing or improving, where do you go? What do you do?

At that point, the only choice you have is to go to the BBB. This creates a record of complaints among the consumers. Eventually, some lawyer, somewhere is going to take a look at that and think "Class Action Lawsuit" !!!

I have known people with problems in their gaming consoles. But they ALWAYS get them replaced by the manufacturer! Those manufacturers KNOW they need to make a product that works properly. And that is what they have done! There is no difference between buying a gaming console and buying the Webkinz - except the consoles are tangible, while the Webkinz are virtual. For some reason, people seem to feel they HAVE to accept the flaws and failures of the virtual Webkinz site.

Ok. I really do understand a problem here and there. A few flaws that pop up NOW AND THEN !! But it is not acceptable for this to go on year after year while they keep adding new things (ALWAYS with new flaws) and do NOTHING to fix the old flaws!!!

So please don't just sit back and take this if you haven't already complained. Go to the BB and complain about it. If you have complained and gotten no results, file a new complaint! Somewhere along the line, SOMEONE will force Ganz to take the responsibility that comes with a pay to play site and things will get better! But you can be absolutely certain that NOTHING will change unless the consumers FORCE IT!

I have complained, both via phone and thru emails and got no change in the problems. We have to log into the site using Google Chrome to ge the videos to work, then other things in Chrome don't work. So we have to log out and back in using IE to do the things we need to do every day!
When calling Ganz, we hear the same old song and dance about "the fine print" on their site - it reads that nothing is guaranteed to work and there could be problems here and there which Ganz will take no responsibility for.
HOWEVER!!! -- that legal statement ONLY applies when the site has problems *now and then* (like a while back when their servers went down) it does NOT apply when they throw things on the site that are riddled with problems, yet never bother to fix the problems, while still adding more and more to the site AND advertising to bring in more and more users!

I debated long and hard about taking the time to write this post. I decided to post it in the hopes that someone from Ganz reads it, passes it along to a supervisor and that it actually motivates Ganz to fix the problems they have ASAP instead of finding new things to throw on the site that only add to the mess they already have!

JMO!!! Diz
Jae's Momma is offline Female
Old 03-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #24
daffodil92
Jadzia radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJadzia radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJadzia radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJadzia radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJadzia radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJadzia radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJadzia radiates beauty and kindness all around

Screen resolution was the problem on my friends computer.

I've been doing the Mirror Mirror movie for her, since she couldn't get it to play. Last week, I downloaded Mozilla Firefox, updated her flash player, updated Java and she still couldn't get the movie to play. I kept thinking about the difference between her computer and mine. It took me a week, but I finally remembered that she sets her resolution at "1024 by 768" so the images are larger and easier to see and I keep mine at the highest possible setting. As soon as I changed her resolution to "1280 by 1024", I could play the videos on her computer. (The "You've won prizes" box also reappeared!) And it didn't matter whether she was in FF or IE, they both worked. Now she can change the resolution before doing the video challenge and then set it back to her preference for the rest of the day. Kind of disappointed in myself for not coming up with this sooner, but more disappointed in tech support at WK for not even thinking of asking her about her settings since theyshouldknow it would be an issue.

Try going into control panel and adjusting your display settings to the highest resolution for your monitor and maybe that will work for some of you guys.

Good Luck!
Old 03-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #25

cujoeg is the cats pajamas!cujoeg is the cats pajamas!cujoeg is the cats pajamas!cujoeg is the cats pajamas!cujoeg is the cats pajamas!cujoeg is the cats pajamas!

My daughter was the only account that did not have the mirror room. I finally figured out what her secret code question and answer were and she now has mirror mirrow room on her account
cujoeg is offline Male
Old 03-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #26
Gift Guru

Bookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
Bookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

I'm using IE, and the Mirror Mirror room appears for me on my US account. However, I can't get the video to play at all, so I can't get any of the prizes.
Bookworm255 is offline Male
Old 03-13-2012, 12:10 AM   #27
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by Angel Daisy
Although this is a known glitch, there is no separate thread for it and I thought I'd go ahead and relate my experiences for what they are worth.

Using my desktop computer and Windows 7, I am unable to see the room on all my accounts and using the following browsers: Firefox, IE and Chrome. Third party ads are enabled on all accounts and IE does not have an ad block. I fixed the ad block on Firefox to allow ads generating from Ganz to appear. I have cleared my cache and rebooted this computer.

Using my laptop computer and Windows 7, I am able to see and access the room with IE, but not Firefox. The videos play just fine for me in IE.

It seems to be a computer specific problem rather than an ISP problem. I hope someone at Ganz reads this and that it helps them address the issue.
If you have your ad blocker on FF to accept only ads from Ganz then of course you won't be able to do Mirror Mirror because that is a 3rd party ad and is not really from Ganz. You need to allow all ads on FF in order to do it. You have to disable the ad blocker while you are doing the Mirror Mirror or Lorax things or any other promotional thing.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 03-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #28
tasah has a spectacular aura abouttasah has a spectacular aura about

my pop up blocker is not on and i can not get the video to play either, i have cleared my cache, i believe this is a pure out glitch and i can not understand why ganz has not been able to fix it.
tasah is offline Female
Old 03-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #29
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by tasah
my pop up blocker is not on and i can not get the video to play either, i have cleared my cache, i believe this is a pure out glitch and i can not understand why ganz has not been able to fix it.
Do you see 3rd party ads? It's not just the pop up blocker but ad blockers that keep the video from playing. If you don't see ads when you logon you can't see the video.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 03-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #30

SeaGazer is a jewel in the roughSeaGazer is a jewel in the rough

Well, I do see 3rd party ads and my pop up blocker is disabled. Mirror mirrot does not show on Firefox at all, but it shows on IE. Go figure. You should not have to change browsers, and Ganz should fix the glitch. But they probably will not because there are only a couple of week seft...
SeaGazer is offline Female
Closed