Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Glitch Reports (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/glitch-reports-285/)
-   -   Minor Member of the Day? (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/glitch-reports-285/member-day-604201/)

SnoopysGirl02-24-2010 11:08 PM

Member of the Day?

I have seen this before - the Member of the Day is supposed to be someone who logged into their WW account and visited their MyPage. Today, this is the Member of the Day - someone who has one pet and began the account in 2007. This account should be an expired account, so the person couldn't have logged in and visited their MyPage. I have actually called Ganz about this quite a few months back. I hope it gets fixed!

webkinzchick102-24-2010 11:50 PM

Re: Member of the Day?

Well, you never know! They could get a new pet, so it'll stay there.

WillWork4KC02-25-2010 12:30 AM

Super strange... I hope the issue is resolved soon.

camplittleangel02-25-2010 01:28 PM

I have never seen this before. What did Ganz say about it?

canonymous02-25-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopysGirl (Post 18468178)

I have seen this before - the Member of the Day is supposed to be someone who logged into their WW account and visited their MyPage. Today, this is the Member of the Day - someone who has one pet and began the account in 2007. This account should be an expired account, so the person couldn't have logged in and visited their MyPage. I have actually called Ganz about this quite a few months back. I hope it gets fixed!

So what is the problem? Just because it is 2007 and only one pet, it should be expired.:-\

SnoopysGirl02-26-2010 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canonymous (Post 18477833)
So what is the problem? Just because it is 2007 and only one pet, it should be expired.:-\

Yes, it should be expired - but according to Ganz, you can be the Member of the Day if you visit your MyPage, which would be impossible if the account is expired - so are these trophies actually being awarded? That is what I am wondering.....

Ritzcracker03-01-2010 02:28 AM

I don't think that you have to actually visit My Page; you only have to have set it up. But it is kind of silly that an expired account would win this prize. Only active accounts should be able to win.

hpquinlan03-01-2010 02:34 AM

Is it possible that this member became deluxe before their year expired? If so, the account would remain open whether they adopt another pet.

Mom2Alex03-01-2010 01:54 PM

The real question here is, who can live with just one Webkinz? LOL

SnowCrystal03-01-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpquinlan (Post 18526383)
Is it possible that this member became deluxe before their year expired? If so, the account would remain open whether they adopt another pet.

NO, deluxe memberships didn't begin until April 2009. This account clearly was expired in August 2008, which is 8 months before deluxe memberships were offered.

I am glad that this was posted. I almost posted it. This member did not even set up their "My Page" when the account was active (maybe the "My Page" didn't exist back then--I don't remember when they introduced "My Page").

I hope they fix this. I have called them about this problem before and they did verify that the member of the day honor and trophy was given to an expired account. They were supposed to fix it--but obviously they didn't!

If you check the badges on the one page, the deluxe members will have a Deluxe Badge. On this particular member's page, the page was so old it was before they introduced badges and there was no way to see the badges because the page was so old and out of date.

I wish they would give this honor only to active accounts. Most of the "Members of the Day" don't even have the badge that is won by clicking the daily kinzcare. Most of them don't have the one that we got for Christmas. Most of them only have the default badges and the type of pet badges.

If they would only take into consideration the activity on the account and give the accounts with more activity a greater chance at getting the "Member of the Day" honor, I would be happy. They could program it so that the greater the number of badges you have, the greater the chance of getting "Member of the Day".