Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 11:10 AM   #1
mydaisybug
Webkinz :)

leftykinz will become famous soon enough

Exclamation Mazin' hamsters crashing my browser, disconnecing wifi

My account is in a deluxe and I am located in North America (Mississippi). I have the Chili hamster that was awarded with new yearly deluxe account during the December promotion. This is the only hamster I have. I am using Windows 7, primarily on an HP notebook and I use Firefox 3.6.7 as my browser. I clear my cache at least once per day.

On all the computers at my house, which vary in their age, but all are kept up to date as far as technology is concerned, I cannot maintain a connection to the Mazin' Hamster part of webkinz. Sometimes I am nearly immediately crashed out of the game and that actually closes ALL of my browser windows. Most of the time I am able to get through at least one activity, say the "Key craze", but after I exit that game, and try to enter another, the load screens will "stop" loading and after a bit of waiting, the browser will close itself and I will be given a "crash report" for Firefox to send about the crash. Another thing is that not only does this close all of my browsers, but it also seems to disconnect my wireless connection (this is through my home network and I do not have this problem at any other time, in any other circumstance at all).

I have read through many other posts on hamster problems, and have been all over the net looking for some sort of solution or fix for this, but nothing works.

As an extra note, my husband has his own webkinz account and I gave him a plushie hamster for xmas and he has the same problems. It even happens at work for him (um, ya, he plays at work) and he's on a top of the line computer connected to one of the highest ranked networks in all of the universities in the country. And his computer is hardwired via network cable to the network (so not a wifi connection).

This is very frustrating because we both like playing the hamster games, but most days we will only devote 10-20 mins daring to fight with it to try to do the dailies for the hamsters and then just quit out because of the crashing problems.

Sorry this is so long, but I wanted to include as much information as possible.
leftykinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
Star Wars Rox!!

margo1211 is a glorious beacon of lightmargo1211 is a glorious beacon of lightmargo1211 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Mazin' hamsters crashing my browser, disconnecing wifi

weird..... it work just fine for my bro and I....
we use Mac though
margo1211 is offline Female
Old 01-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
mydaisybug

No one has any ideas why this is happening?
Old 01-11-2011, 09:37 PM   #4

Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master
Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master

Leftykinz, Mazin Hamsters is also crashing my Safari. Since late last night, Mazin Hamsters stops in the middle of loading, everything freezes, and I get the following error message: "The content was stopped because a fatal content error has been detected." Then I have to Force Quit Safari. I, too, get a crash report to send to Apple. I thought it was a Safari problem, but I see that it isn't. If it's still happening tomorrow, I will call Ganz.
Bloo's Pal is offline Female
Old 01-11-2011, 09:45 PM   #5
mydaisybug

You are awesome Bloo's Pal! I am not brave enough to call Ganz. Please let me know what they tell you.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #6
Likes Art
Gift Guru

Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!

Today i crashed while loading key craze, But it didn't crash my whole browser it took me back to front page with an empty error box like this: Click the image to open in full size.

then i tried to go back into MH Hamlet to try again and it was locked like i had completed it.
this is the second time this week that i have not been able to do key craze because of a glitch.

on sunday the key i found showed up above my head but wouldnt go in the lock when i walked up to the box, so it didnt say try another, or you found one. By the time i realized i should go find a different key i only had time for one more, it didnt work and i ran out of time trying to get to another... it was really disappointing to have a glitch two days in a week.

Last edited by Wuzzle; 01-11-2011 at 09:56 PM..
Wuzzle is offline Female
Old 01-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #7

Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master
Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master

Leftykinz. I spoke to a Ganz rep. She had me delete Unity and redownload it, and I was able to get into Mazin Hamsters successfully without Safari crashing. I logged out and back on several times to make sure the problem wasn't back, and so far the site is working. I hope this solution works for you. (And I hope we don't have to repeat the whole process tomorrow.)
Bloo's Pal is offline Female
Old 01-12-2011, 01:56 PM   #8
mydaisybug

Thank you sooo much Bloo!!! You are a peach.
Closed