Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

haddy is a glorious beacon of lighthaddy is a glorious beacon of lighthaddy is a glorious beacon of light

Default Locked out of dock

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not but several people have had it happen. I bought 1500 shoes on sale yesterday, and now I am locked out of my dock. I can not trade or send gifts or anything. I can't get to the shoes to sell them to unstick my dock!

Ater a couple of minutes of it saying please wait, I get this message. Then I say yes and it starts flashing please wait about every 10 sec for about 10 sec each flash and all of webkinz is locked at this point forever.
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by haddy; 09-27-2009 at 05:53 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2009, 05:57 PM   #2
Favorite wackyauntie
Gifted

AuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicness
AuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Locked out of dock

I'm so sorry for your problem. That is a tough one. If you have find a sale like this in the future, you must sell the items as you go. One idea is to buy 100 and then sell 100 through the wshop. Another is to sell the items before you logout. Otherwise you exceed the capacity of the memory.

My suggestion is to login to your account. Look at the 9 items you CAN see in the dock. You need to move them into a room, put them in a storage unit, or eat them. Many objects (i.e. books) can sit on the floor. Once you have taken care of those 9 items, logout. When you log back in, you will be able to take care of the next 9 items. It will take a long time.

I don't think you will be able to sell anything in the wshop or buy any storage units until you reduce the total number of items. It may take Ganz to help you correct this problem. Good luck.

AuntietoEW
AuntietoEW is offline Female
Old 09-27-2009, 06:05 PM   #3

outgoinglyshy is a golden guideoutgoinglyshy is a golden guideoutgoinglyshy is a golden guideoutgoinglyshy is a golden guideoutgoinglyshy is a golden guideoutgoinglyshy is a golden guideoutgoinglyshy is a golden guideoutgoinglyshy is a golden guideoutgoinglyshy is a golden guideoutgoinglyshy is a golden guideoutgoinglyshy is a golden guideoutgoinglyshy is a golden guideoutgoinglyshy is a golden guide

Is there a maximum number of items that can be in your dock? I wish they would invent some sort of storage for things like wall paper and floors. I can never keep my dock empty. lol Good luck. The log in remove items log in again idea sounds like it could work.
outgoinglyshy is offline Female
Old 09-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #4
mandypuppy9

mandypuppy9 is a jewel in the roughmandypuppy9 is a jewel in the rough

ATTENTION Clothing Solvers!! Head's Up Bonuses!! Post awesome savings at PJ COLLIE'S HERE! - Page 106

on that page someone had the same problem. Someone posted a whole big old description of how to get out of it I think. It might start a page earlier or later! Hope this helps!
mandypuppy9 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2009, 08:06 PM   #5
ishes she was a

webkinzmomof4 is a splendid one to beholdwebkinzmomof4 is a splendid one to beholdwebkinzmomof4 is a splendid one to beholdwebkinzmomof4 is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 

Quote:
My suggestion is to login to your account. Look at the 9 items you CAN see in the dock. You need to move them into a room, put them in a storage unit, or eat them. Many objects (i.e. books) can sit on the floor. Once you have taken care of those 9 items, logout. When you log back in, you will be able to take care of the next 9 items. It will take a long time
Good idea. I try to keep my dock down to 950 items. I don't think it was the shoes causing the problem I think it was just 1 item too many.

Good luck!
webkinzmomof4 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2009, 08:08 PM   #6
cozmic
Gifted

cozmic rules the roostcozmic rules the roostcozmic rules the roostcozmic rules the roostcozmic rules the roostcozmic rules the roostcozmic rules the roostcozmic rules the roostcozmic rules the roostcozmic rules the roostcozmic rules the roostcozmic rules the roost

Donation Award 

I have over 2000 in my dock. I get that message every time I log in. I click on no and in a couple of seconds it clears and I'm able to do all things in Webkinz World. I have had this on going well over one year.
cozmic is offline Female
Old 09-28-2009, 04:26 PM   #7

haddy is a glorious beacon of lighthaddy is a glorious beacon of lighthaddy is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by cozmic
I have over 2000 in my dock. I get that message every time I log in. I click on no and in a couple of seconds it clears and I'm able to do all things in Webkinz World. I have had this on going well over one year.

It worked!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you sooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!! I am forever greatful to you! I was a little nervous about clicking no but I was so frustrated I just tried it and it didn't hurt anything. I sold until I got under 1000 things and then shut down and tried it and no problems anymore! You helped me so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #8
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by haddy
It worked!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you sooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!! I am forever greatful to you! I was a little nervous about clicking no but I was so frustrated I just tried it and it didn't hurt anything. I sold until I got under 1000 things and then shut down and tried it and no problems anymore! You helped me so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was me that left that long explanation but I did go back and say first off you have to click NO -- because otherwise you are telling it to stop the Java/Flash, which is what basically runs ww programs mostly. Then if that doesn't work you have to go through the CTRL ALT DEL which unfreezes the dock opening up or have to do that and then go through telling certain programs to stop anignoring the weird warning about it hurting the computer, it won't not with those programs because they are not essential or necessary programs that the computer needs to run itself so can be shut down temporarily, after trying to get the dock open.

Glad the easiest way let you get the dock open, congrats.
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 09-29-2009, 08:36 PM   #9

I'm sorry, I didn't see that anywhere. But thank you. I wrote you a thank you for the long instructions on the pattern thread. I couldn't figure it out but I thank you for all that work trying to help me. It was long! Hopefully it will help someone else ( who is smarter and better with task manager lol)
Old 09-29-2009, 10:55 PM   #10
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by haddy
I'm sorry, I didn't see that anywhere. But thank you. I wrote you a thank you for the long instructions on the pattern thread. I couldn't figure it out but I thank you for all that work trying to help me. It was long! Hopefully it will help someone else ( who is smarter and better with task manager lol)
Actually you and at least one other person writing back and forth like that helped me to add some things in that made it better, so you helped a tech out, think about that! LOL One of the main things was that part that I had skipped; never dawned on me, since I do it automatically {click No when asked if I wanted to stop the program running in that part}.

Think of this way; I was once told to cook an shelled egg, for 3 minutes. Okay, that's not hard. They didn't think to tell me that it's 3 minutes AFTER the water is boiling, so let's just say it wasn't..quite...boiled right! LOL Sometimes the simpler steps get overlooked, so it's always important to be reminded about each step, because after all if you knew all the steps you probably would have already tried them and not need the instructions! LOL

Really glad it worked for you, regardless of how it worked, but faster way is better way in that case.
KeyLargo is offline Female
Closed