Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #21
Gift Guru

sgiles53 has a reputation beyond reputesgiles53 has a reputation beyond reputesgiles53 has a reputation beyond reputesgiles53 has a reputation beyond reputesgiles53 has a reputation beyond reputesgiles53 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Kinzville academy stength level 10 impossible to do

yep, and I see someone else posted that the person they talked with, also said , folks need to call in so they know how big the problem is
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2011, 01:00 AM   #22
Webkinz :)

Ahilpert is on a distinguished road

I've definitely noticed a change since the last update. In the past, this has been a problem with IE, but I've passed 12 pets on strength with FF without any problems. Since the last update, the strength class has been difficult at the lower levels, and impossible on the higher level classes. They definitely changed some of the callibrations. Please CALL GANZ and let me thm know about this problem!
Ahilpert is offline Female
Old 01-11-2011, 07:45 AM   #23
Gift Guru

sgiles53 has a reputation beyond reputesgiles53 has a reputation beyond reputesgiles53 has a reputation beyond reputesgiles53 has a reputation beyond reputesgiles53 has a reputation beyond reputesgiles53 has a reputation beyond repute

my sister spoke with them again yesterday. They told her they were aware and are working on the problem...haven't we heard that somewhere before??? LOL
Old 01-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #24

Pitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clown

For those interested in technicalities:

It looks like Ganz has significantly decreased the FPS (frame-per-second) of the Webkinz World, and possibly disabled so-called "double buffering", a tech trick that increases quality of a frequently redrawn picture at the expense of memory consumption. This theory totally explains quicker but jerky movement observed in some arcades and Academy classes, especially on slower machines. It also explains many other programming artifacts that appeared after early January update.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:58 PM   #25
Yay! I'm A
Gifted

winterwonder101 is a splendid one to beholdwinterwonder101 is a splendid one to beholdwinterwonder101 is a splendid one to beholdwinterwonder101 is a splendid one to behold

I am having this problem too! The bar works on the way up but not on the way down.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:16 PM   #26
arwenevenstar

wikkikinz radiates beauty and kindness all aroundwikkikinz radiates beauty and kindness all aroundwikkikinz radiates beauty and kindness all aroundwikkikinz radiates beauty and kindness all aroundwikkikinz radiates beauty and kindness all aroundwikkikinz radiates beauty and kindness all aroundwikkikinz radiates beauty and kindness all around

Hello all! I am experiencing the same issues in the Academy and jobs too-I use Firefox and have a decent computer and never had issues before. I will call tomorrow (since I will be stuck in a blizzard anyway) and hopefully let them know there is a widespread issue and not an individuals' computer issue. And thanks to the techie who explained the FPS issue-makes perfect sense and sounds like it should be something that can be fixed....I am not doing Academy, jobs or spending any more money on WW until these glitches and the other one I have-the floating dock items-get fixed. I hope they can get it taken care of ASAP so we can all go back to having fun!
wikkikinz is offline Female
Old 01-13-2011, 07:09 AM   #27
Gift Guru

still not working properly...time to call again
Old 01-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #28
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

I was hoping they would have fixed this by now. I just saw another glitch report about Zumbuddy parties going to fast that you can't even pop all your party balloons.

This is how I see the problem:

They did something to speed up the processing but it is like watching an old movie where you are not seeing every frame of the movie. If you could break down the strength class into frames, then perhaps we are seeing every 5th frame and if we are controlling the strength bar and it jumps every 5th frame (missing 4 frames in between each frame), then the bar could jump right past the target because that frame is missing. There is no way to hit the target if the target frame is missing!
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 01-18-2011, 03:04 PM   #29

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by Pitenana
For those interested in technicalities:

It looks like Ganz has significantly decreased the FPS (frame-per-second) of the Webkinz World, and possibly disabled so-called "double buffering", a tech trick that increases quality of a frequently redrawn picture at the expense of memory consumption. This theory totally explains quicker but jerky movement observed in some arcades and Academy classes, especially on slower machines. It also explains many other programming artifacts that appeared after early January update.
Hi Pitenana and thank you for your "techie" explanation. It makes perfect sense. It also explains why all of the animated items are "jiggling" or shaking like jello.

Perhaps you should go work for Ganz and then we'd get some things fixed around here !!
MysticZon is offline Female
Old 01-19-2011, 07:07 AM   #30
Gift Guru

likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by SnowCrystal
I also noticed on Firefox that there is a loading bar on the bottom right that never goes away, as if the pages in Webkinz World never fully load. I updated my Adobe Flash player yesterday and it made no difference.
I noticed this too SnowCrystal, and I believe this is linked in to those larger rotating ads that rest at the right-hand side of the screen. It seems this jerky problem with the Strength classes etc all started when that ad rotator was put in on the last upgrade. The reason the Firefox green loading bar never completes is because GANZ is running a script to keep flipping that ad every x seconds. For anyone who used to program in BASIC it is an example of an "endless loop" (a huge "no-no" to programmers) because it never actually ends until you move to a screen with a different set of ads (which run their own timers.... this is what causes Academy screen 'freezes' at times, because the ad animation 'restarts' right at the moment the Academy tries to communicate with the server, and only one resource will get its packet sent/received successfully... usually the ad has priority.... this is set by GANZ).

We have had problems with the animated ads messing up the rest of the site before and I believe this is the same case. The ads run continual scripts on a consistent basis- the timing on the ads doesn't quite match the timing of any other previous imbedded script running (eg pet's 3xH, scrolling/redrawing game screens, Academy class activity timing), and when your computer's processors try to run all the scripts at once it tries to dole out processing resources to all running threads, and as a result, stops caring about the timing of it and this is the effect we get: jerky movements, frame skipping, speeding up of animations and frustrated site users.

All at the cost of GANZ shoving more ads into the site.

Last edited by likmfurry; 01-19-2011 at 07:09 AM..
likmfurry is offline Male
Closed