Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
Diabetes Awareness
Webkinz :)

iluvlabs is a glorious beacon of lightiluvlabs is a glorious beacon of lightiluvlabs is a glorious beacon of light

Default Kinzville Academy ***** CPU

I've been having this problem for the past 2-3 days where Kinzville Academy slows my computer to the point that I have to reboot in order to complete any other classes.

For instance, agility works only if it's the very first class after a reboot. Otherwise it's soooooo slow it's impossible to pass the class. Strength, speed & cooking are the same as they all require speed on my part to finish the class successfully.

I thought it might have been my computer so have been monitoring it for a few days. This occurs both during regular use, after a clean reboot with nothing else running and after shutting down any other normal processes that might be interfering. CPU usage shows it goes from 1-5% usage to over 80% once I enter Kinzville Academy.

I'm still not certain if it's a Webkinz glitch or a glitch with my computer (or both). Is anyone else having trouble with the Academy slowing down?

P.S. I'm using Firefox.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2011, 12:40 AM   #2
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Default Re: Kinzville Academy ***** CPU

For me, it is usually the ads on the side that cause the slow-down. I have to keep going in and out of the Academy until I get ads that aren't animated. If I have animated ads, then I get start-stop motion on my classes and they are very sluggish (sort of like the quick draws when there is that new animated eStore ad with the red background and snowflakes falling; the quick draws become slow draws). I am not sure if that is your problem or not. There are so many animated ads now and it is terrible trying to get an Academy screen where there aren't any.

Do you have Webkinz Insider running at the same time when you are trying to do your classes? If so, and if you can't disable the ads on Webkinz Insider, try closing all of your other windows besides the one you are trying to do your classes on.

I haven't done any high level classes lately (just pets on levels 1-5). Are you at high levels? Maybe they are adjusting the classes so they can be passed on fast computers? They were supposed to do that, but I haven't noticed anything different on the lower levels (although agility seems faster for me on level 5; which is just the opposite of what I thought they would do!).
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 01-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #3

6Jedis wears the mantle of perfection with grace6Jedis wears the mantle of perfection with grace6Jedis wears the mantle of perfection with grace6Jedis wears the mantle of perfection with grace6Jedis wears the mantle of perfection with grace6Jedis wears the mantle of perfection with grace6Jedis wears the mantle of perfection with grace

This has also been happening to me for 2days in a row. I hadn't previously been going to the academy just thought I would do this for the new yr resolution :-)
It was so slow it made me fail some of my classes making it hard to time jumping etc.
I will try the things yo mentioned later today to see if it helps.
6Jedis is offline Female
Old 01-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
Diabetes Awareness

iluvlabs is a glorious beacon of lightiluvlabs is a glorious beacon of lightiluvlabs is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the suggestions SnowCrystal. Will try getting no ads and see if that helps.

I've shut everything down except Webkinz and still end with slow motion. Have even tried other browsers and they're all the same.

As for levels I've got pets in each level and lower is just as bad as higher. It's really frustrating!
Old 01-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #5
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

I just did a level 2 strength class on Firefox and it was very choppy and I barely passed (it was fast and choppy). I went in and out of the academy 9 times before I could get no animated ads on the side. I don't know what is happening! I also noticed that when I look at my room map, when I scroll over I can do it faster than usual, but it seems to scroll in chunks and not smoothly like it used to (sort of how my strength class was acting - it was going up and down in chunks and not smooth, so I kept missing the target because sometimes it didn't even seem to go in the target--it would jump right past it). I am not having that problem on Internet Explorer (IE), but I didn't clear my cache today on IE. Maybe after I clear my cache the same thing will happen on IE?
Old 01-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
Call me Scarlet :3
SignaturePeaceP is the cats pajamas!SignaturePeaceP is the cats pajamas!SignaturePeaceP is the cats pajamas!SignaturePeaceP is the cats pajamas!SignaturePeaceP is the cats pajamas!SignaturePeaceP is the cats pajamas!

That hasn't happened to me. What irritates me is that I almost got banned from KinzChat Plus when I didn't even talk > : ( Someone reported me for no reason.
SignaturePeaceP is offline Female
Old 01-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #7
Gifted

cutechicken is a name known to allcutechicken is a name known to allcutechicken is a name known to all

I am seeing the same sort of issues in Kinzville Academy, but I'm watching the perfomance of my cpu and it is only topping out at about 63%, so my processor can keep up. Also, only about 25% of memory is being used. Might this be a video issue? I noticed that farming works normally until it rains or snows, then raking become incredibly slow. The more moving video parts there are the more difficult any task in Webkinz World becomes.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:10 PM   #8
Lil Kinz
jdking2001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Try installing the newest version of Adobe Flash:

Adobe - Install a different version of Adobe Flash Player
Old 01-08-2011, 04:22 PM   #9
Wacky Holidays!

View Post Originally Posted by jdking2001
Try installing the newest version of Adobe Flash:

Adobe - Install a different version of Adobe Flash Player
I installed this newest version yesterday morning and it has NOT made a difference for me (maybe it will help someone else). My problem is with Firefox (but only Webkinz World is messed up on Firefox for me--all other applications on Firefox seem okay). Ever since we got a higher DSL speed, it does not work smoothly. Internet Explorer is still okay so far.
Closed