Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
WIGEV Team Member

elymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacity
elymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacity

Default IE Crashes when Loggin into WW

I am posting this to help others with the same issue..

Since last week, IE was crashing almost every time I would try to log into WW.
I need IE for certain things that FF cannot handle (the size of my main account's dock for example..)

(The problem seemed to coincide with a Firefox update that forced me to delete an incompatible file, but it may be unrelated..)

Today, I solved my problem.

I uninstalled the IE9 update (instructions can easily be googled), which took me back to the previous version (IE8 , which I liked better anyways!)

Now everything works perfectly fine and is even faster than before!

To uninstall Internet Explorer

The following instructions apply to both Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

1. Click the Start button Click the image to open in full size., type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.
  2. Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.
  3. Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.
  4. Click one of the following:
    • Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9, and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).
    • Restart later (to wait until you shut down or restart your computer).

Note

After you uninstall Internet Explorer 9, the previously installed version of Internet Explorer will be available on your computer. It is not necessary to reinstall.

Last edited by elymic; 10-03-2011 at 01:07 PM..
elymic is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: IE Crashes when Loggin into WW

LOL, I was just coming here to tell you to make sure that it wasn't IE9...I have had to uninstall that version so many times now it is making my head spin
But yes, IE9 and I have been at loggerheads from the first time my computer BEGGED me to change it. Now I just ignore it

Sometimes it can also be a Flashplayer issue and you have uninstall and reinstall it, but this time it looks like you solved it on your own Thank you for the additional info.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 10-03-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
Banned
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW

I have been having these troubles too.
You can also do this.
What you need to do is to click the Customer Service link at the bottom of Webkinz's homepage.
From there, is a big Log In button which you can click with NO ADS.
Here is the link.
Webkinz
cheekyluver is offline Male
Old 10-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #4
WIGEV Team Member

elymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacity
elymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacity

Thank you for your responses Dixie and Cheeky.

I just want to bump this up in case it can help others ..
elymic is offline Female
Old 10-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #5
Gift Guru

karenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contest
karenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contest

Thank you elymic! I have had to many problems with IE9. I switched to chrome and now my dock floats everywhere. I just Downloaded FF the other day and it's OK with WW. I'm going to try your suggestion I didn't know we could take out IE9
karenpd is offline Female
Old 10-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
yournotme
Gift Guru

yournotme is a WI addict!
yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

Thank you Elymic this thread is a Godsend! I've been having troubles for a week or two now with IE and it's been driving me nuts.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #7
Webkinz :)

gab224466 is a jewel in the roughgab224466 is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by elymic
I am posting this to help others with the same issue..

Since last week, IE was crashing almost every time I would try to log into WW.
I need IE for certain things that FF cannot handle (the size of my main account's dock for example..)

(The problem seemed to coincide with a Firefox update that forced me to delete an incompatible file, but it may be unrelated..)

Today, I solved my problem.

I uninstalled the IE9 update (instructions can easily be googled), which took me back to the previous version (IE8 , which I liked better anyways!)

Now everything works perfectly fine and is even faster than before!

To uninstall Internet Explorer

The following instructions apply to both Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

1. Click the Start button Click the image to open in full size., type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.
  2. Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.
  3. Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.
  4. Click one of the following:
    • Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9, and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).
    • Restart later (to wait until you shut down or restart your computer).

Note

After you uninstall Internet Explorer 9, the previously installed version of Internet Explorer will be available on your computer. It is not necessary to reinstall.
thanks so much for this information. I have a brand new laptop and still can not get into webkinz unless i use the white log in words. I hope this works for me also. Thanks a bunch gab
gab224466 is offline Female
Old 10-05-2011, 01:16 AM   #8
PYT
Webkinz :)

steffeefacee is just really nicesteffeefacee is just really nice

Default Argh!

IE won't load anymore. It always lets me load, type in my information, then it says "Internet Explorer is shutting down" This only happens on webkinz! Firefox is too slow to do the trading rooms, and Chrome has the floating items issue!
And as of right now, it won't let me log in using ANY of the browsers!!! Almost regretting putting so much money into this site, it clearly doesn't work right!

View Post Originally Posted by steffeefacee
IE won't load anymore. It always lets me load, type in my information, then it says "Internet Explorer is shutting down" This only happens on webkinz! Firefox is too slow to do the trading rooms, and Chrome has the floating items issue!
And as of right now, it won't let me log in using ANY of the browsers!!! Almost regretting putting so much money into this site, it clearly doesn't work right!

I so didn't post this here....I don't know what happened. I'm glad to see the instructions though! I'll do this right now!

Last edited by steffeefacee; 10-05-2011 at 01:16 AM..
steffeefacee is offline Female
Old 10-05-2011, 02:27 AM   #9
mycatsnores
Banned
Sleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talent

Morning, all!

There is a massive problem with IE9 and Flash 10. It is basically incompatable. If you go to the Adobe website, you can read a lot of posts by people who are so upset about this they're jumping around like rabid baboons. Flash has had a ton of problems for quite a while, they know it, and they haven't seemed to come out with anything to fix things too well.

I have been reading that IE9 doesn't run well with a lot of applications, Flash only being one of them, Java is another. It might be better to go back to IE8 with the great instructions given above.

I know it's premature but I'm already worrying about what a mess of problens WKW will be at Christmas with the new events and more new pets! Even more new glitches! Woohoo!

Happy Wednesday!

Did you know your foot is the same length as the inside of your arm - from inside your elbow to your wrist? Go ahead, you know you want to see....
Sleeping Awake is offline Female
Old 10-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #10
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Thank you Elymic, your instructions were super clear and it worked like a charm!

I can now log into WW from the Webkinz login page! (for the past week or two, I've had to use the alternate login, because the regular login would crash my IE.)
Webberlily is offline Female
Closed