Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
Glad to be a
Gift Guru

Serena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insider
Serena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insider

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 
Default Himilayan Sanctuary Pack Flooring cannot be stored

This is not a huge problem, but is majorly frustrating on top of other frustrations concerning this adoption (having to do with the limitations on which type of rooms we can place the PSI).

The Flooring from the Himilayan Sanctuary Pack which comes with the Endangered Red Panda cannot be stored in the Samples Storage Cabinet. There are blank spaces in the cabinet, but I get a message that "the item doesn't fit here". The Himilayan Forest Wallpaper DOES go in the cabinet. Since I'm not going to make the room until I see what the situation is with removable doors (which we were promised over a year ago "before the end of 2011"), the flooring now has to remain in my dock instead of going into storage as I had intended. This does not help my very needed dock reduction at all.
Serena is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2012, 01:34 AM   #2
Funnystori852
Webkinz :)

boarderlander is sweet stuff
boarderlander is sweet stuffboarderlander is sweet stuffboarderlander is sweet stuffboarderlander is sweet stuffboarderlander is sweet stuffboarderlander is sweet stuff

Default Re: Himilayan Sanctuary Pack Flooring cannot be stored

If you have time, you should call or e-mail to be sure they are aware of this!.
boarderlander is offline Female
Old 01-23-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
Glad to be a
Gift Guru

Serena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insider

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by boarderlander
If you have time, you should call or e-mail to be sure they are aware of this!.
Thanks. I couldn't call over the weekend. Also, I thought reporting it here might get better/faster results.
But I have called them now, and the rep said that she would report it. I'm hoping that it's an easy fix that they can get to right away... the rep suggested that maybe even by the next maintenace... that would be wonderful.
Serena is offline Female
Old 01-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #4

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

Serena, I noticed this glitch the day I adopted my Endangered Red Panda on March 18, 2011 and also called Ganz about it numerous times over the course of 2011. The same can be said for the High End Kitchen Flooring which can be purchased from the eStore. Neither of these floors go in the Samples Storage Cabinet.

Obviously, these issues didn't make it on Ganz's priority list. I keep an immaculate dock and finally I got so sick and tired of looking at it in my dock that I finally used the Himalayan wallpaper and flooring in a one-door room where the door will not ruin the wallpaper. I'm hoping your phone call will help solve this issue for other members.

PS ~ I, too, have at least a dozen eStore wallpapers and at least one of each of the endangered signature series wallpapers and flooring (except for the Himalayan wallpaper/flooring) in storage waiting (in vain) for the day we can remove the doors from our rooms. I've read all over WI's forums about many people who are doing the same thing. I don't know if the day will ever come because this issue has been ongoing for longer than a year .... it's actually been an issue since November 2007 ... but .... sigh .... don't get me started on that topic.

Last edited by MysticZon; 01-24-2012 at 09:55 PM..
MysticZon is offline Female
Old 01-29-2012, 12:19 AM   #5
Glad to be a
Gift Guru

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by MysticZon
Serena, I noticed this glitch the day I adopted my Endangered Red Panda on March 18, 2011 and also called Ganz about it numerous times over the course of 2011. The same can be said for the High End Kitchen Flooring which can be purchased from the eStore. Neither of these floors go in the Samples Storage Cabinet.

Obviously, these issues didn't make it on Ganz's priority list. I keep an immaculate dock and finally I got so sick and tired of looking at it in my dock that I finally used the Himalayan wallpaper and flooring in a one-door room where the door will not ruin the wallpaper. I'm hoping your phone call will help solve this issue for other members.

PS ~ I, too, have at least a dozen eStore wallpapers and at least one of each of the endangered signature series wallpapers and flooring (except for the Himalayan wallpaper/flooring) in storage waiting (in vain) for the day we can remove the doors from our rooms. I've read all over WI's forums about many people who are doing the same thing. I don't know if the day will ever come because this issue has been ongoing for longer than a year .... it's actually been an issue since November 2007 ... but .... sigh .... don't get me started on that topic.
Thanks, Mystic. It does help some to know that others share these frustrations.
Interesting that there was no record that this had been reported before, which is what I was told. I tried to put the Himalayan flooring in after last Wednesday's maintenance (was hoping the Rep was right that it might get fixed then), and it still will not go in the storage cabinet.
Instead of the flood of new items and features, I would much prefer to see these long standing glitches fixed, and the promised door changes made. My docks are crammed with items waiting to go in rooms which I am waiting to make once I know how the removable doors will work.

One time last fall, late at night, when I was working in a room near a door, I accidentally clicked on the door frame, and the door disappeared. What a great feeling that was!! It was a room with only one door, and I immediately wondered whether I would be able to then get in and out by using the jumping feature, but a minute later, the door was back and all was as before... so I didn't have time to try it.

Last edited by Serena; 01-29-2012 at 12:22 AM..
Serena is offline Female
Old 01-30-2012, 11:50 PM   #6

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

Hi again, Serena. In my experience, depending on which rep you speak to, you'll get a different answer each time. That the rep you spoke to advised you that the Himalayan Flooring issue had not been reported until your phone call doesn't surprise me in the least. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing over at Ganz HQ and such a minor matter doesn't even make it to the daily memos the reps receive as to what the KNOWN current bugs are and what pat answers to give when members call and ask about them.

And yes, I've read about the doors being removable for mere seconds or minutes on other people's accounts and now I can add your incident to the short list. If I had three wishes in WW, I would wish for ~

1. Remove the doors

2. Move the purple tabs in the corners of the rooms that cover the wallpaper and wallhangings (see screenshot below for ideal example of how Ganz could EASILY accomplish this)

3. Move the challenge icons away from the left wall and move them to the bottom of the room space ~ there's a lot of space not being used at the bottom

I'm a Web Designer and Graphics Editor, so I actually "photoshop" the purple tabs and doors out of EVERY single screenshot that I take of my finished rooms ~ and I've designed well over 250 rooms "to the nines" on just one account alone ~ and then I put the screenshots on my personal WW web site so that one day when WW gets the kibosh once and for all, I've got something to show for my investment.

I did all of the challenges just to get rid of the icons on the left side.

I take my room designing very seriously. I wish Ganz felt the same way towards all of its members. Oops, that's a fourth wish and I only asked for three !!
Attached Images
File Type: pngPurple_Tabs_Removed.png (163.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-31-2012, 12:35 AM   #7
Glad to be a
Gift Guru

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

Mystic, I think all of your points are excellent. All of those things have also come to my attentioin, but without the design expertise you have, I hadn't come up with any solutions. I hope that Ganz will see your post and adopt your suggestions.
I would all a wish concerning rooms... that we could have more flexibilitiy in naming them.
Serena is offline Female
Old 01-31-2012, 12:54 AM   #8

MysticZon is sweet stuff

Ah yes, the room naming issue. Sadly, we will never have the former room naming system back and, in my opinion, I seriously doubt we'll ever have a KinzChat Plus type room naming feature either. At best, the most Ganz would do for us in this department is add more options to the right side of the current room naming system but that could be another year down the road before they put that project on the "to do" list.

About 8-10 months ago, Ganz had a Twitter party and WI made a front page story out of "what room names would we like to see added to the current room naming system?" and hundreds of members offered their suggestions. I read every single suggestion and many of them were very good and very reasonable.

However, to date, nothing has been added and, from a web developer's point of view, I can tell you adding some more names in a database list is SO easy, it's embarrassing. Adding more room names to a database isn't a flash issue but a server side programming issue and if Ganz let me at it, I could add 100 room names in about half an hour. Seriously. The programming is already in place. All they have to do is update the database.

But nooooooo, this matter also doesn't fall on the priority list. So we wait .... and wait some more .... and keep naming our rooms silly things in the hopes that something about the pet's name and the word "courtroom" or "mud room" or "track" will jog our memories as to what that room is about.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:48 AM   #9

MysticZon is sweet stuff

I was playing around in my graphics program and thought I'd make a mock-up of how Ganz could better position the purple tabs and challenge icons such that our room space is not interfered with. Below are two solutions.

Click the image to open in full size.

A third solution is to make the challenge icons smaller to make them even less obtrusive. In my example, the icons have been reduced by 25%.

Not only do my solutions not interfer with the actual room itself, but the challenge icons no longer interfere with moving or removing a wallhanging that is hung on the very edge of the left wall.

Last edited by MysticZon; 01-31-2012 at 05:00 AM..
Closed