Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 01:13 AM   #1
Wacky Holidays!
Webkinz :)

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Thumbs down Hamster Hamlet too foggy

I haven't played in the Hamlet since before the Winterfest. I just played (after clearing my cache and cookies on Firefox) and I am not enjoying it anymore. I can't see where my hamster is going because it is too foggy (or the graphics aren't rendering properly). I know the new area has always been foggy to me, but now the older area is also foggy. The only thing that is crisp and clear is way off in the background (or under the earth when you get a glimpse of it). I sure hope this is a glitch and not the way they intend it to stay. If it is intended to be like this, then I will stop playing. It hurts my eyes and I can't see very far when my hamster is moving.

Here is a screen print:

Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpgw11 hamster glitch.JPG (43.6 KB, 80 views)
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2011, 07:37 AM   #2
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

bangkokyankee knows the way
bangkokyankee knows the waybangkokyankee knows the way

Default Re: Hamster Hamlet too foggy

Snowcrystal

I saw your post and hadn't done my hamsters since winterfest either - went to do them and your screenpix looks like what my screen looked like

I hope this is not how it's supposed to be cause it gave me a big headache.

hope Ganz just messed something up when making the snowflakes fly

and I hope they fix it fast - gotta make some more moolah fast
Old 01-25-2011, 07:42 AM   #3
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

We have this problem when it doesn't load properly, like if we have a few webkinz screens up especially if there is a clickfest going on or during a party at the cove or at the clubhouse...

I haven't actually done the hamlet in a week or so, so I don't know if this is actually how it is for us all the time now, but usually it looks like that when it isn't loading fast enough...I'll try it out later on and see how it looks for us..but NO, it should not be this way all the time...the graphics should be crisp and clear...
dragonbird is offline Female
Old 01-25-2011, 08:45 AM   #4

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

I haven't done my hamster dailies (as I call them, the Key Craze and Gift Grab) since before Winterfest. After reading your post, SnowCrystal, I went and checked and sure enough, I've got the same effect happening on my computer. Didn't notice it as much while doing the Key Craze or Gift Grab, but DEFINITELY when I was just roaming around the Hamlet (the first one, not the medieval one).

"Foggy" is a good word to describe it but it also reminds me of looking at a negative (for the younger generation who have grown up on digital cameras and cell phone cameras, negatives were and still are used to develop photographs on non-digital cameras).
MysticZon is offline Female
Old 01-25-2011, 10:27 AM   #5
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame
dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame

I think everyone that has a hamster is having this problem.
I have experienced this as well. Once you move in that direction it does become normal and the distance becomes the same. It is like it is playing at night, I don't know if that is what they were trying to do or not.
That part is a little annoying but it doesn't effect your playing.

The worse part is it is glitching more, that when you move at certain times you can see like beneath you, this is the part that effects you trying to play. It does not prevent you from playing, it just makes it difficult to see the grass part.
It even happens while on like the bridges too.

I hope they get this fixed soon. I think it has been happening since the Maint last week but only a few people noticed it because not everyone played it while trying to catch Snowflakes. Now there is more widespread

The comment above mine says the word negative which is exactly the way someone else described it the other day when they were having the same problem. I am pretty sure Ganz has been notified, but it doesn't hurt them to know more that are having the issue.
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/wiki/Contact_Ganz

Last edited by dawnscott1; 01-25-2011 at 10:31 AM..
dawnscott1 is offline Female
Old 01-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #6

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber

Yuck this is not good. I also hadn't played in a while other than in the key craze area. I can't imagine this is the effect they were going for. Hope they fix it soon. I'll be avoiding the hamlet areas also Snow if they leave it this way.

Yes Mystic, very much at times like a negative image.
CheekyDB is offline Female
Old 01-27-2011, 12:58 AM   #7
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Thank you, everyone.

I was hoping they would have fixed it when they added the new maze set yesterday; but they didn't.

Even when I am riding the flowers around, it is hard to see the ground below.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:34 AM   #8
Wacky Holidays!

The medieval section seemed a little less foggy than usual. I hope all of the "fog" lifts in both sections!
Old 02-04-2011, 03:09 AM   #9
Hermione Violet
Gift Guru

Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!
Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!Amneris has rep to infinity and beyond!

I'm having this problem, too. It's so annoying! They've done several things here: drastically reduced how far ahead you can see, added a vibrant background that shows up before things in the distance, made things in the foreground hazy, made the angle of view change when your hamster goes up and down slight inclines, and made things (even hills) see-through when your hamster touches them. Some of these affect the key craze and gift grab, too, but there aren't as many wide distances to see across in those and they didn't add the background. It's especially bad in the new indoor part of the mountain castle area. How logical is it to have the background visible through a nearby wall because the wall is supposedly too far away to see?
Attached Images
File Type: jpghamster1.JPG (55.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpghamster2.JPG (55.9 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Amneris; 02-04-2011 at 03:18 AM..
Amneris is offline Female
Old 02-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #10
Wacky Holidays!

I agree, Ameris!

I thought I could get out that way (as shown in your first picture); but when you get closer, there is more "inside" and not outside!

I am also having a problem with the hamster's angle of view changing when my hamster goes up and down slight inclines. It is actually giving me headaches when I play the key craze. I think the view change is greatly affected when a partly "invisible" tree comes into play when you are turning or moving your hamster. It is almost like the programming is saying to change the view according to the "invisible" item, instead of keeping the view according to where your hamster is actually standing!
Closed