Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #31
Webkinz :)

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

Default Re: GLITCHED AND DISAPPEARING BOXES OF CHOCOLATES ~ Adventure Park Valentine Quest - read this

Hm, I just tried calling Ganz, and they're not answering their phone.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #32

Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master
Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master

Default Re: GLITCHED AND DISAPPEARING BOXES OF CHOCOLATES ~ Adventure Park Valentine Quest - read this

Before calling Ganz, take screenshots of the boxes in your docks under dated front pages. Even if that proof doesn't get us all our chocolates, it should at least prevent the reps from implying we are lying. That's what aggravates me the most about this situation. When it comes to glitches involving lost items, the Ganz mindset seems to be, "If we can't fix it, blame the customer."
Bloo's Pal is offline Female
Old 02-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #33

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by COONYCOON
Oh and here I thought I was imagining things! I too have missing boxes of chocolates on one account, after the email asking them to fix it; but unfortunately I didn't count how many there were. I know there were some on there or I wouldn't have included that account in the email! Good luck getting them back everybody
Hi Coony and thanks so much for adding your comments to this thread. Every member who reads this and adds their experience to the growing list will help me determine the pattern ... and I do see a pattern forming ....

View Post Originally Posted by DAKOTA
mysticzon thank you for making this thread about your experience with ganz and the chocolates disappearing. i can relate because the same thing happened to me. i have a lot of accounts that had the chocolates in the wrong part of my dock and when i called ganz, they told me to send an e-mail and they would fix it for me. this was on thursday the 16th. when i went into my accounts the next day half of my accounts had the chocolates moved to the right section and half of them were missing the chocolates! i couldn't believe my eyes! out of 14 accounts only 7 were fixed. I lost 21 chocolates. i even got the same email back from ganz that you and ldskinzkid did.

this makes me so mad! that the chocolates were in my docks before i sent the e-mail and now half of them are missing after i sent the e-mail makes me think ganz is deleting them. i wasn't exactly sure what to think until i read this thread but maybe ganz doesn't want us to have so many chocolates or maybe it was easier to delete them instead of fixing them. either way i didn't bother calling because i am sadly too familiar with ganz's policy of - if they can't see the missing item anywhere in your account then the item doesn't exist and they won't replace it. i speak from too many nasty experiences in this area. i figured i would have to take another kick in my gut from ganz.

i will follow this thread with much interest to see if there is an outcome for you mysticzon. please let us know if the supervisor calls you back and if you get your missing chocolates put back in your accounts.

thank you again very much.
Hi Dakota and thank you for adding your comments to this thread. If you still have the email that Ganz sent you, can you tell if every second account on your list had the chocolates deleted and, if so, would you please let me know ?? Thanks a bunch.

Also, you made an interesting point about why Ganz is deleting the items from our docks ~ perhaps it is easier just to delete the chocolates rather than fix them. Maybe they're too busy, maybe they're too lazy ?? However, in Ganz's infinite shortsightedness, doing this causes more fallout and consumes more time when members such as myself decide not to let the matter go.

View Post Originally Posted by deblynn
I am glad I read this post. I was going to email, but I will call now. And first, I will check each account and take a screen shot. I don't know if that will help, but it is worth a try. I will start with my small accounts first, as I intend to write down everything in my dock before I call.
Hi Deblynn, that is a good idea taking screenshots of your docks before you send your email. Of course, after the fact, I wished I had done the same thing but there was no way I could have known Ganz was going to delete my items rather than fix them. Please post a follow-up and let us know how it worked out.

Not that I wish a bad outcome for you, but I hope Ganz does delete the chocolates in just one of your accounts because if you have a screenshot of your dock before and after you send your email or make your phone call, then your screenshots would be the only proof any of us have that Ganz is up to no good. Up to now, it's our word against Ganz and Ganz is holding all the cards. I'd like to have one Ace up my sleeve when I place my next call to Ganz .... and I'm sure it's going to be me calling the Supervisor back and not the other way around.

View Post Originally Posted by Dash
Thank you for your very detailed thread MysticZon. It prompted me to make the phone call to Ganz this morning to have several of our family/friend accounts fixed. Between myself and my best friend, we have 22 accounts that completed the Valentine challenge. We picked the three accounts with the highest chocolate box count to call about.

During my phone call, I stated

Account 1 had 6 chocolates
Account 2 had 5 chocolates
Account 3 had 4 chocolates

My helpful customer service rep put me on hold and when he returned he stated Account 1 and 3 were awarded chocolates, but Account 2 did not have any chocolates on the dock. to convert. This was absolutely not the case before I called, I had logged into the accounts just before I called to verify the chocolates were still there.

After the rep logged in he stated

Account 1 had 6 chocolates
Account 2 had 0 chocolates
Account 3 had 4 chocolates

So somehow the chocolates are disappearing on every other account we are calling or emailiing about.

Something is wrong on there end that makes the chocolates vanish when they log into the very next account. I spoke to the rep about my suspicion and he said he would relay the information on the tech department. He also said there was nothing he could do to further help me as there was no evidence the chocolates were initally there on Account 2.

I would suggest just calling in one account at a time.
Thank you for your post, Dash, and for giving us the details of your experience with a Rep over the phone. So chocolates are disppearing when members are on the phone !! I thought it was just by email !! And yes, there is definitely a pattern to this mess in that every second account is missing the chocolates.

I agree there could be a bug in the programming tool Ganz is using such that when they rectify the first account, the second account is somehow affected in that the chocolates disappear when Ganz logs in to the second account. In order for this theory to hold water, the programming tool is deleting the chocolates during the log in process such that the Reps don't see chocolates when they open our docks.

But then the programming tool "resets" itself after the second account has been logged into and works for the third account. Then the programming tool glitches again, deletes the chocolates when the fourth account is logged into and deletes the chocolates, resets itself, and works for the fifth account and so on !!

But even this doesn't explain how every second account is missing its chocolates. If the programming tool actually did reset itself every second account, then there should be members who have had chocolates missing from their first account but had the chocolates moved correctly in their second account, and then the tool resets itself and would delete the chocolates in the third account. Like this ~

Member #1

Account #1 ~ chocolates are corrected
Account #2 ~ chocolates are deleted (programming tool "resets" itself)
Account #3 ~ chocolates are corrected
Account #4 ~ chocolates are deleted (programming tool "resets" itself)
Account #5 ~ chocolates are corrected

Then the rep handles the next list of accounts ~

Member #2

Account #1 ~ chocolates are deleted (programming tool "resets" itself)
Account #2 ~ chocolates are corrected
Account #3 ~ chocolates are deleted (programming tool "resets" itself)
Account #4 ~ chocolates are corrected
Account #5 ~ chocolates are deleted (programming tool "resets" itself)

This just goes to show you how inept Ganz is at even programming a tool to correct a programming error they created in the first place !!

It's that or else Ganz is deliberately deleting the chocolates from our accounts and they are not smart enough to vary the pattern. Maybe they figured we weren't going to talk about it amongst ourselves, never mind make a big deal about it in a thread on WI !!

View Post Originally Posted by WI 50ish
I am posting my experience for comparison as well as support. I don't want to Dissertation my experience, but want to be thorough in my post.

First, let me extend heartfelt sorrow to those who had their prizes disappear; that situation has happened to me some time ago with a different item, therefore, I will NOT email Ganz: I did email once about a stuck item and low and behold - next log in - it coincidentally disappeared. When I teled Ganz, the rep insisted that I sold or traded or gifted it. My integrity was questioned - REALLY Ganz? My reply was; When did EStore items become sell-able trade-able or gift-able??? Yeah - I had to unwind my paper trail of the purchase and prove her assumption/lie. First and last time for emailing them for me.

I have 2 accounts and they both visited the AP Park for the first time for the Valentine's Quest. Each account received 2 boxed choc during digs. Neither box did anything for me in multiple ways, so I thought I would gift them. When I realized I couldn't gift, trade, sell or feed them - I knew there was an issue. They sat in both accounts for days. While in the trading room one day, a member put up in the trade box a box of AP choc. Needless to say, I laughed at myself for not checking my own choc, and then thought, well they fixed the glitch. Upon exit, I had realized my boxes were still glitched. I made a call to Ganz the next day and had them swapped out for the real deal, not knowing the experiences of others'.

I am writing my experience because I am pretty computer illiterate and simply cannot comprehend how the choc boxes can go missing, HOWEVER, what I really cannot comprehend most is how Ganz or a representative of Ganz can instill that a member is untruthful . . .

My boxed choc are still in my dock and as I stated above; really don't do anything for me.
I will be gifting them to WIGiftz (because they just added me again this a.m. wOOT!)

I really wish a fair apologetic remedy is made by Ganz. This is something that they need to unwind and make good on. If I make ANY mistakes in my business, I apologize and make it right by giving with gusto, as not to have my paying customer with a bad taste in their mouth.
Hi 50ish. Yes, it was implied twice during my hour-long phone call yesterday that I was lying in order to get more chocolates without having to do the AP quest !! I told the rep in the span of the hour I was on the phone with her I could have done two Valentine quests and received more chocolates (in addition to the other prizes) rather than arguing with her about this nonsense !! I told the rep there were better things I could do to waste my time rather than try and get "free" chococlates by blaming Ganz for making my chocolates disppear in the first place.

It all boils down to integrity and Ganz has none of that. In all fairness, we can't blame the reps for the lack of integrity at Ganz HQ because it is the higher-ups that give the reps their mandates and if the reps want to keep their jobs, they have to do what the higher-ups tell them to do. I can count on one hand when Ganz has given ALL of the members something for an inconvenience caused at Ganz's end and I've been a WW member since November 2007 ... considering how many "incoveniences" Ganz has caused over the years and what little they've done to make it up to the members, it's just downright wrong.

View Post Originally Posted by doggierule
Wow, thank you for this information. I've been experiencing problems with this as well.
Hi Doggierule. If you have the time, could you fill us in on some of the details of the problems you are experiencing ?? What you have been experiencing could help us figure this out and put a finer point on the theories we currently have formed. Thank you.

View Post Originally Posted by marnabear
I did send the email and they sent me a list of the accounts they fixed. I am pretty sure all accounts had some but I couldn't say for sure. At least I have some and they are probably more than I really need. But it is frustrating when they make a programming mistake and then won't correct all the accounts over the phone. When they had the problem with the mikes the rep did each one of my accounts at the time of the phone call. Not all those mattered so much because you can't kinzpost them but I assume the candy boxes would be able to be kinzposted or traded.
Hi marnabear and thank you for your comments. Yes, I remember the problem we had with the Superstar Mics and I remember being asked to email a list of the accounts that had the Dream in Pink CD in my dock rather than the mics and that situation was rectified correctly. But I can only imagine the time it took for Ganz to correct all of those mics !! Maybe this time around Ganz figured it was quicker to delete the Box of Chocolates rather than replace them with the correct Factory Box of Chocolates. I dunno ... I'm just throwing it out there ....

View Post Originally Posted by Ritzcracker
There does seem to be an interesting pattern in that on every second account they are disappearing. That can't possibly be coincidence. I guess when you call it in, only give them one account at a time; It could take forever for some people, but at least you won't have stuff disappearing.
Hi Ritzcracker and yes, there is definitely a pattern forming here !! I also agree that anyone who wants their Factory Box of Chocolates to call in one account at a time.

View Post Originally Posted by 2WebbiesMomz
While I am very sorry that this happened to you, thank you for starting this thread to benefit the rest of us. I hate calling Ganz but will make individual calls for our 6 accounts, based on this info, just out of the principal of the thing!
Hi 2WebbiesMomz and thank you for your comment. Please let us know how it all worked out for you. Based on how you are going to handle your phone calls (calling in one account at a time), it would be beneficial for us to know for sure if this method works.

Last edited by MysticZon; 02-21-2012 at 02:40 PM..
MysticZon is offline Female
Old 02-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #34

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by Bloo's Pal
Before calling Ganz, take screenshots of the boxes in your docks under dated front pages. Even if that proof doesn't get us all our chocolates, it should at least prevent the reps from implying we are lying. That's what aggravates me the most about this situation. When it comes to glitches involving lost items, the Ganz mindset seems to be, "If we can't fix it, blame the customer."
Hi Bloo's Pal and I totally agree with taking screenshots before you call or email Ganz. I wish I had done that but, like I said earlier, how was I to know my chocolates would mysteriously and under suspicious circumstances disappear ??

I haven't seen any reports of the Purple Pixie Pod Seeds going missing when people asked Ganz to move them from their docks but I'm not taking any chances. I'm going to take screenshots of the seeds in my dock and screenshots of how many seeds I already have in the Pixie Pod Pachinko game and I DARE Ganz to try and rip me off of my seeds !!

And yes, I did resent the implication of being called a liar. I even said to the rep when I had her on the phone yesterday, words to the effect of "What ever happened to the customer is always right ?? Why is it that Ganz has no scruples when it comes to making things right ??" And she just kept dancing around my questions and repeating, "If an item does not exist in your account, then there is nothing I can do about it. That is the policy." Bah ...
Old 02-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #35

MysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by Dash
Something is wrong on there end that makes the chocolates vanish when they log into the very next account. I spoke to the rep about my suspicion and he said he would relay the information on the tech department. He also said there was nothing he could do to further help me as there was no evidence the chocolates were initally there on Account 2.

I would suggest just calling in one account at a time.
I just reread your post, Dash, and it sunk in during my second read that you told the rep about your suspicion and he said he would relay the information to the tech department. Thanks a great big bunch for bringing it up to the rep.

At the time I called yesterday, apparently no one else had called in about the chocolates disappearing from their docks after Ganz was supposed to have corrected it and my situation was being treated as an isolated incidence. I told the rep I was going to make this thread on WI and let everybody know about the disappearing chocolates and how Ganz had something to do with it. I told her she was going to hear more about it from other members and that I would no longer be considered an isolated incidence !!

I know I won't get my chocolates back. That's just the way Ganz is. If they give me MY chocolates back, then they have to give EVERYBODY who calls in after the fact their chocolates back and this would set a new precedent and invalidate their ironclad policy of "if we can't see it in your account, then it don't exist and we ain't replacin' it."

But I'm going to follow through on this to the bitter end purely on principle.

And I see by the clock on the wall that it's almost 3:00 PM EST and still no call from a Supervisor ... guess it's time for me to make MY next phone call ....
Old 02-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #36
WIGEV Team Member

elymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacity
elymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacity

I had sent an email last week with 7 accounts needing chocolates "fixed". They wrote me back telling me some of them did not have the chocolates and that I should check before asking them to fix things that weren't there. I went to check and 4 of the 7 accounts (accts 1-3-5 & 7 on the list I sent them) had no chocolates any more, when I KNOW they had them before! I was furious, but haven't called to complain yet.. should I?
elymic is offline Female
Old 02-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #37

babymuggy is the cats pajamas!babymuggy is the cats pajamas!babymuggy is the cats pajamas!babymuggy is the cats pajamas!babymuggy is the cats pajamas!babymuggy is the cats pajamas!

CRAZY! I noticed some of my chocolates appeared in the right place, I never noticed if the other ones disappeared. What is going on around there?!?!? I have so much stuff, I dont think I would notice missing items until I went looking for them. Kinda scary, kinda sad. I am going to check it out. At least I know I have a few, ganz should not be able to dissappear our items but hey, they rule the world
babymuggy is offline Female
Old 02-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #38

MysticZon is sweet stuff

OMG, THIS IS HUGE NEWS !! I just got off the phone with Ganz. While I wasn't able to speak to a Supervisor (she couldn't come to the phone ), the rep who answered my call advised me that the missing chocolates have been replaced in all of my accounts in question "as a courtesy." Sure enough, I just finished logging into the six accounts and the chocolates are where they should be. I'm only missing one chocolate (Account #4 had 2 glitched chocolates go missing and Ganz only replaced one), but otherwise, the Factory Box of Chocolates are in the correct section of my six accounts !!!

Now, my story doesn't end here ..... oh no .... that would be too easy. As I began to explain about our theory that there is a programming bug in the programming tool Ganz is using to correct the glitched chocolates .... I was cut off mid-sentence and told ~

"What you are telling me has absolutely no relevance to the situtation. It has nothing to do with the chocolates. I will not relay your information to the supervisor because it is irrelevant. Your chocolates were replaced as a courtesy and that is the end of the matter."

And she meant it !! Man, was she ever emphatic !! I can honestly say I've never had a rep speak to me in that tone of voice !! It was as if she had been told, "Don't take any guff from that customer who calls about her chocolates because we aren't going to waste any more time on this." That's what it sounded like to me.

I told the rep ~

"Well, be prepared to hear from many members about this irrelevant matter because it's not going away. Something Ganz is doing at its end is causing these chocolates to disappear and it's all been documented in a thread on WI and people are going to be handling how they call about their glitched chocolates in a different manner as a result of it. You can expect more calls about the matter from members who will call in their concern one phone call at a time (and *I* was very emphatic when I said that) because they don't trust the programming tool you are using to supposedly correct the situtation. It is causing more problems for you than it is solving. So just be ready and consider yourself warned."

And I hung up.

Is it any wonder I hate having to call Ganz ??
Old 02-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #39

MysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by elymic
I had sent an email last week with 7 accounts needing chocolates "fixed". They wrote me back telling me some of them did not have the chocolates and that I should check before asking them to fix things that weren't there. I went to check and 4 of the 7 accounts (accts 1-3-5 & 7 on the list I sent them) had no chocolates any more, when I KNOW they had them before! I was furious, but haven't called to complain yet.. should I?
In one word YES !!! Call them now. Maybe you'll be lucky and get the same rep I just exchanged words with and she'll see how irrelevant our theory is. Elymic, you definitely fit the pattern !!

See my post just above this one. I got my chocolates returned to me as a "courtesy" but in the same breath was told that the pattern to the bug in the programming tool is NOT RELEVANT.

We need as many members who can spare the time (and aggravation) of dealing with Ganz and letting them know they are doing something to cause the problem, not solve it.

I can't believe Ganz can be so shortsighted and full of themselves to discredit a viable working theory that the problem still remains at their end, not the member's end !! On second thought, yeah, I can believe Ganz can be this shortsighted and full of themselves.

NEVER, EVER in my entire adult life have I received such lousy customer service. Sure, I got my missing chocolates back but it's a hollow victory if they don't listen to the reasoning behind why the chocolates went missing in the first place.

I think I will have to email Ganz again and send them a link to this thread.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #40
purrfectpoppins
Gift Guru

deblynn has accomplished something fantabulous
deblynn has accomplished something fantabulousdeblynn has accomplished something fantabulousdeblynn has accomplished something fantabulousdeblynn has accomplished something fantabulousdeblynn has accomplished something fantabulousdeblynn has accomplished something fantabulous

OK, I will read back after I post what happened to me when I called Ganz. I had read this thread, so I did NOT e-mail them. Before I called, I went on 4 of my smaller accounts. I wrote down what I had in each dock, then I took a screen shot of the dock showing the boxes of chocolates with the coupons, and I saved it in a file. I then called Ganz. I spoke to the rep. I asked her how many accounts I could do over the phone. She said 2. I said fine and I gave her the 2 account user names. She said if there were more to e-mail them. I said I would not e-mail them. I told her why. She was a little huffy about it IMHO. But she did those 2 accounts. I wrote down her name and the time I called. I need to check those accounts now. Then I will be back to finish the story.
deblynn is offline Female
Closed