Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

Default Glitched and disappearing boxes of chocolates and pixie pod seeds

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hello everyone. Now that the Box of Chocolates issue has been more or less resolved, this thread sort of turned into a secondary thread about the Purple Pixie Pod Seeds in our docks. In that regard, if you want to follow the progress (or lack of progress) regarding the pixie pod seeds, you can start at post #84 ~ or to save you the time, the summary of the situation as I know it is as follows ~

The Purple Pixie Pod Seeds issue is definitely not fixed as we were lead to believe when we saw the seeds wiped clean from our accounts last week. I've got useless seeds throughout my accounts again.

I spoke to a Customer Service Rep on Friday, March 9th about my missing Lorax gift boxes and asked her about the seeds at the same time. She said the pixie pod seeds issue had been fixed earlier that week such that further seeds should not be going into our docks. I told her that's not the case and told her to go into one of my accounts that already had three new seeds in it. Of course, she said she would let the technicians know.

In the meantime, if the seeds in your dock(s) are driving you nuts, you can call Ganz and a Rep will delete them from your account(s) but they will not be put into the Pachinko Game section where they belong. The seeds are deleted and that's that ~ until the next seed finds its way to your dock or the technicians finally resolve the issue ~ whichever comes first.

Quote:
Hello everyone. There have been some new developments in how the glitched and disappearing Boxes of Chocolates are being handled by Ganz and, in that regard, I feel it's necessary to rewrite my first post because my original post is pretty much obsolete.

First and foremost, I want to thank EVERYONE who has taken the time to read, contribute and share their experiences with Ganz in this thread. Were it not for you, we would not have the information we have now.

CONCERNING THE GLITCHED BOX OF CHOCOLATES

If you participated in the Adventure Park Valentine Quest prior to the February 15th maintenance, you may have dug up an item known as a Box of Chocolates and this item would appear in the Coupons section of your dock rather than the Objects section, which is where it belongs. This item cannot be kinzposted, traded, sold or placed in a room. It is glitched.

If you dug up your Box of Chocolates after the February 15th maintenance, then your chocolates are called Factory Box of Chocolates and already appear in the Objects section of your dock. These chocolates are not glitched.

We have learned today that Ganz plans on implementing a WW-wide fix during next Wednesday's maintenance (February 29th) which will correct the glitch and move the chocolates from the Coupons section of your dock to the correct Objects section. At the same time, the appearance of the chocolates will be changed and they won't look like they do now. So if you like the way this item looks in your room now (speaking to those of you who have "unglitched" Factory Boxes of Chocolates and can actually place the item in your rooms), take a screenshot for posterity because they will not look like that after next Wednesday's maintenance.

If you call Ganz to have the chocolates manually moved from your Coupons section to the Objects section of your dock, you will be told to wait until next Wednesday's maintenance (February 29th) when the WW-wide fix is implemented. No more chocolates are being swapped manually as of this afternoon (Wednesday, February 22nd for the record). And actually that's a good thing because thanks to the testimonials of your fellow WI members, we just saved you a heap of aggravation !!

I strongly suggest no one send any more emails to Ganz to have their gltiched chocolates fixed. In case Ganz is still using the bugged programming tool, you will lose the chocolates in every second account you submit to Ganz. Just wait until next Wednesday's maintenance and let the WW-wide fix take care of your chocolates.

CONCERNING THE MISSING BOXES OF CHOCOLATES

OK, here's where it gets tricky and I want to keep this as straightforward as possible .... I'm not going to get into the whole "every second account is missing chocolates" theory and how we figured it out, but suffice it to say, Ganz was using a glitched programming tool in an attempt to fix the glitched chocolates. This tool deleted the chocolates from every second account if you provided Ganz with more than one account to fix. To read more about the details of how we figured this out, read the rest of the thread please, starting with post #15.

That having been said, to those members who contacted Ganz by email and phone and now have missing chocolates, there is probably nothing or very little that will be done by Ganz to replace the missing chocolates unless we contact Ganz again enmass and let Ganz know that we won't stand for their abuse of our accounts and questioning our integrity.

SnowCrystal suggested we send Ganz the same form letter and, in that regard, I have copied and pasted the letter she wrote below for your convenience should you decide to go this route. I have slightly modified it to suit the circumstances as we now know them.

It would be beneficial if you attached this form letter to the form letter Ganz sent you, but if you don't, not a biggie, the form letter will still work.

I am of the opinion that the sde@ganz.com email address is not regularly monitored for email, and I suggest you "cc" the form letter to webkinzsupport@ganz.com which is where you were asked to send your initial email. Also put ATTENTION SUPERVISOR in the subject line of your email.

Dear Customer Service Supervisor:

Regarding the Adventure Park Valentine Quest Box of Chocolates

For those of you who emailed Ganz ~

My friends and I have compared our emails and noticed a major bug in your programming that needs to be remedied as soon as possible. As you can see from customer service's email back to me, my chocolates are missing on EVERY OTHER ACCOUNT. This is consistent for EVERYONE who emailed Ganz to have their "coupon" Box of Chocolates changed to the "objects" Factory Box of Chocolates.

For those of you who called Ganz ~

My friends and I have discussed the phone calls we had with Ganz and noticed a major bug in your programming that needs to be remedied as soon as possible. We were told that chocolates were missing on EVERY OTHER ACCOUNT. This is consistent for EVERYONE who called Ganz to have their "coupon" Box of Chocolates changed to the "objects" Factory Box of Chocolates.

The rest of the form letter applies to both email and phone calls ~

This error was caused by the tool Ganz used to replace the glitched Box of Chocolates with the correct Factory Box of Chocolates. Please do NOT use your tool to replace chocolates for anyone else until this situation is remedied.

This is what needs to be done:

1. Go back and review EVERY email and replace the box of chocolates on EVERY member's account who said they had chocolates, but which your tool inadvertently deleted. If a member said they had five chocolates on the "disappearing chocolates" account, then give that member five chocolates. If the member did not say how many chocolates they had, then give them the "average" which appears to be three boxes of chocolates per account.

2. Send emails back to the members and advise them of the glitch and the remedy of the glitch (blame it on Nafaria if you have to – that is what usually happens).

3. Make a statement on Webkinz Newz of what is happening. We NEED an update! We have already heard from @webkinz on Twitter on February 11th: "You may notice a change to the heart shaped chocolate prize soon. #Webkinz Pets can't eat, send or trade it ATM."

I anxiously await a reply from you as to what is being done and when my deleted chocolates will be returned to my accounts accordingly. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Copy and paste the form letter into your email program, sign your name to it and include your phone number and relevant account information, and then we'll wait and see what happens.

We've already prompted Ganz to implement a WW-wide fix during next Wednesday's maintenance through our perseverance, phone calls, emails and I'd like to think to a smaller extent, this thread.

I should like to mention that my missing chocolates were returned to my accounts as a "courtesy" by Ganz but because I wouldn't let go of the matter and hounded Ganz for two days about my missing chocolates, I think they were returned to shut me up and make me go away !!

My point is ... perhaps if enough members email Ganz and ask to have their missing chocolates returned to their accounts, the squeaky wheels will get the grease .... or chocolates in this case.

Good luck to everybody.

Mystic
Click the image to open in full size.

An avatar for anyone
who wants to show their
support outside this thread

UPDATE • FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2012

Thanks to another member's post, we now know that if you email Ganz and ask to have the glitched chocolates dealt with, you will recieve the following form email in return ~

Thank you for your inquiry. You reported that you received a Box of Chocolates as a dig prize from the Adventure Park. This Box of Chocolates you received contained an error that does not allow it to be placed in your account. ** We have rectified the error on our end and you will be able to use this item after our next maintenance update. The update is scheduled for February 29th, 2012.

If you are still experiencing an error with this item after February 29th, please contact Customer Service so we can further investigate the issue.

Thank you,
Webkinz Consumer Support

** What Ganz should have wrote is ~

This Box of Chocolates you received contained an error that does not allow it to be placed in a room, kinzposted, sold or traded.

I mean, sheesh, the chocolates are already in our accounts, we just can't do anything with them until after the February 29th maintenance.

Quote:
ORIGINAL POST BUT INFORMATION IS NOW PRETTY MUCH OBSOLETE.

I'm keeping it here because it is part of this thread (after all, it's the post that got this ball rolling) but please do not rely upon the information below.

I've seen several threads in the Glitch Reports section, Adventure Park section and General Discussion section of WI's forums and have the definitive answer directly from Ganz as to how the glitched Boxes of Chocolates are being handled.

PRIOR TO MAINTENANCE PERFORMED WED. FEB. 15TH

If the Boxes of Chocolates you received as a digging prize in the Valentine Adventure Park Quest showed up in the Coupons Section of your dock, you would have been able to phone or email Ganz and report the problem to them, and Ganz would have moved the glitched Boxes of Chocolates to the Objects section of your dock, which is where they should have showed up in the first place. The Box of Chocolates look the same and have been renamed FACTORY BOX OF CHOCOLATES.

AFTER MAINTENANCE PERFORMED WED. FEB. 15TH

Ganz added programming to the Valentine Adventure Park Quest wherein if you dug up any Boxes of Chocolates after Wednesday, February 15th, the item would now appear in the correct Objects section of your dock.

This programming, however, caused a major problem to occur.

The glitched Boxes of Chocolates that appear in the Coupons section of your dock are RANDOMLY DISAPPEARING !!

Seriously. Out of my 12 accounts that received the glitched Boxes of Chocolates, SIX accounts no longer have this item in the dock, not in the Coupons section and not in the Objects section. They simply no longer exist and Ganz has no record and no way of showing that the chocolates ever existed on my account in the first place.

This disppearing act would not necessarily have occurred on February 15th. The chocolates can randomly disappear AT ANY TIME !! I know this for a fact because on Friday, February 17th, the six accounts that no longer have chocolates in them did have chocolates in the Coupons section of my docks in the early afternoon when I did my dailies. A couple of hours later, when I went to do some Challenge tasks in these same accounts, the chocolates were GONE in all six accounts !! So in the space of a couple of hours, now you see 'em, now you don't.

And for the record, no amount of clearing your cache, logging in and out and rebooting your computer will bring back the chocolates. Once they have disappeared, they're gone for good.

ON THE PHONE WITH GANZ

I've just spent an hour on the phone with Ganz's Customer Service Department regarding the glitched Boxes of Chocolates asking them to replace the items and put them in the Objects section of my dock.

Ganz won't do it. I was told that it is Ganz's policy that they will not replace items that no longer appear in your dock, regardless of whether the items were once there and regardless of whether or not the error occurred on Ganz's part.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN TO YOU ??

Check your docks and see if you still have the glitched Boxes of Chocolates in the Coupons section of your dock. If you do, call Ganz as soon as you can and ask them to move the chocolates to the Objects section of your dock before they disappear.

If your chocolates have disappered and are no longer in your dock, nothing at Ganz's end will be done about it. You are, as the saying goes, up a creek without a paddle.

*** UPDATE *** For further information about this situation, I encourage you to read ldskinzkid's post #15, Butterflies' post #17 and my further posts #19 and #20.

*** UPDATE 2 *** 3:30 PM EST on Tuesday, February 21st. Read my post #38 !! I got my missing chococlates put back in my accounts but you've got to read the rest of what I was told by Ganz.

I should also like to add that the Rep I spoke to said that further programming may occur in the near future to alter the appearance of the Factory Boxes of Chocolates because this item had been so badly glitched. So if you like the way the item looks in your room now (speaking to those of you who have "unglitched" Factory Boxes of Chocolates and can actually place the item in your rooms), take a screenshot for posterity because they may not look like that in the near future.

I would very much like to hear from members who have had their chocolates disappear from their docks. At the time I spoke to Ganz's Rep, this problem was not known to them so my phone call is being considered an isolated incidence.

I asked the Rep would she replace my disappeared Boxes of Chocolates with the Factory Boxes of Chocolates even if Ganz was aware that this was a WW widespread problem and she stated emphatically, "If we cannot see the item in your dock or anywhere in your account, then Ganz's policy is that the item will not be replaced."

Perhaps if we have more evidence from fellow members that Adventure Park items, particularly the glitched Boxes of Chocolates have mysteriously disappeared from our docks, Ganz may take us seriously, change their policy for this event, and give us back our chocolates.

As many of us know, you can speak to one Rep and get one answer and you can speak to another Rep and get a completely different answer. This has been my experience with only one Rep who could not direct me to a Supervisor or Technical Advisor because neither was in the office today. The Rep has forwarded my "concern" to a Supervisor via inter-office memo and I may hear back about this matter hopefully as early as tomorrow. I will keep you posted if I do hear anything back.

*** UPDATE *** For further information about this situation, I encourage you to read ldskinzkid's post #15, Butterflies' post #17 and my further posts #19 and #20.

*** UPDATE 2 *** 3:30 PM EST on Tuesday, February 21st. Read my post #38 !! I got my missing chococlates put back in my accounts but you've got to read the rest of what I was told by Ganz.

Last edited by MysticZon; 03-11-2012 at 04:29 PM..
MysticZon is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
Graceon ♥

98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!

Default Re: JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH GANZ CONCERNING GLITCHED AND DISAPPEARING BOXES OF CHOCOLATES ~ Everyone who did the Valentine Adventure Park Quest and received glitched Boxes of Chocolates should read this

One word, WOW! Thanks for the heads up! I guess I got to get my mom to call them now......
98otter is offline Female
Old 02-20-2012, 06:30 PM   #3
ebkinz ExtravaGANZa!

extravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicness
extravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH GANZ CONCERNING GLITCHED AND DISAPPEARING BOXES OF CHOCOLATES ~ Everyone who did the Valentine Adventure Park Quest and received glitched Boxes of Chocolates should read this

Great thread you made! People have the problem will be happy to hear this! My mom called Ganz about me not getting my Valentine gift and the lady said she would take the chocolates and fix the glitch for me! I had like two in my dock. My problem with that is resolved, but for the many members who still have the glitch, this will be a hit! Great job on putting so much effort into making this thread! And what a long title you have there!
extravaGANZa is offline Male
Old 02-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
BennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guide

Wow. Sorry it happened!
Old 02-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
STRIDERCREST

purpleowls is not just visiting!purpleowls is not just visiting!purpleowls is not just visiting!purpleowls is not just visiting!purpleowls is not just visiting!purpleowls is not just visiting!purpleowls is not just visiting!purpleowls is not just visiting!purpleowls is not just visiting!purpleowls is not just visiting!purpleowls is not just visiting!purpleowls is not just visiting!

can someone please help me with this? becuase i am so confused! i have a box of chocolates but it didn't dissapear i just can't put it anywhere or do anythign with it. it is in my coupon section but i do know that my DJ headphones dissapeared from my dock. could that be from the chocolate box? i still have it in my dock but my DJ headphones are missing. can someone please help me!!

please? i really need an answer????!!
purpleowls is offline Female
Old 02-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #6

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by purpleowls
can someone please help me with this? becuase i am so confused! i have a box of chocolates but it didn't dissapear i just can't put it anywhere or do anythign with it. it is in my coupon section but i do know that my DJ headphones dissapeared from my dock. could that be from the chocolate box? i still have it in my dock but my DJ headphones are missing. can someone please help me!!

please? i really need an answer????!!
Hi purpleowls. As I said in my initial post ~

Check your docks and see if you still have the glitched Boxes of Chocolates in the Coupons section of your dock. If you do, call Ganz as soon as you can and ask them to move the chocolates to the Objects section of your dock before they disappear.

So call Ganz and have the chocolates moved manually from the Coupons section of your dock to the Objects section by a Customer Service Rep.

As for your DJ Headphones, I seriously doubt their disappearance has anything to do with the glitched Box of Chocolates. I have no logical explanation to offer you as to why they disappeared, but according to Ganz's policy as was explained to me more than once during my one-hour long phone call to Ganz this afternoon ~

"If we cannot see the item in your dock or anywhere in your account, then Ganz's policy is that the item will not be replaced."

Last edited by MysticZon; 02-21-2012 at 03:58 AM.. Reason: Correct a typo
Old 02-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #7

MysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by extravaGANZa
Great thread you made! People have the problem will be happy to hear this! My mom called Ganz about me not getting my Valentine gift and the lady said she would take the chocolates and fix the glitch for me! I had like two in my dock. My problem with that is resolved, but for the many members who still have the glitch, this will be a hit! Great job on putting so much effort into making this thread! And what a long title you have there!
Thank you for your comments extravaGANZa and I'm glad your Box of Chocolate situation has been resolved.

As for the title (aka subject line) of my thread, I did so on purpose to draw people's attention to my thread because I think it is important. People should deal with the glitched Boxes of Chocolates in their docks sooner than later before they go poof !!

My concern is for the international members outside of North America who have to make an overseas phone call in order to enjoy this item in their rooms and not have it sitting in their docks forever. Overseas phone calls are not cheap and then there is the time zone to factor in. Some members would have to place such a call in the middle of the night for them !! How impractical and inconvenient is that !!

Moreover, Ganz should have addressed this glitch by adding programming that would have automatically moved the glitched chocolates from the Coupons section to the Objects section rather than have tens of thousands of members call in to have it done manually by an already overworked and overstressed Rep.

The same should be done for the Purple Pixie Pod Seeds that also appear in the Coupons section of one's dock but, alas, we have to call Ganz to have these manually moved to the Pixie Pod section of our account. [shakes head in dismay at the sorry state of WW]
Old 02-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #8

dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff
dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff

So the pixie pods will stay in our docks unless we call Ganz? Any word on where they actually came from in the first place?
dragonkid07 is offline Female
Old 02-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #9

MysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by BennyBeagle
Wow. Sorry it happened!
So am I. I lost 15 Boxes of Chocolates on those six accounts.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #10

MysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by dragonkid07
So the pixie pods will stay in our docks unless we call Ganz? Any word on where they actually came from in the first place?
Yes, you have to call Ganz to get the Purple Pixie Pod Seeds moved from your dock to the Pixie Pods section of your account. The seeds randomly come from clicking on the hourly activity event ("Click here for a free Pixie Pod Seed") and from receiving one in the Woodland Wonders section of the Magical Forest. I've received seeds from both of these events but not every single time and not on every single account, hence the randomness of this glitch.

Back on topic ....

I would very much like to hear from members who have had their chocolates disappear from their docks. At the time I spoke to Ganz's Rep, this problem was not known to them so my phone call is being considered an isolated incidence.

Perhaps if we have more evidence from fellow members that Adventure Park items, particularly the glitched Boxes of Chocolates have mysteriously disappeared from our docks, Ganz may take us seriously, change their policy for this event, and give us back our chocolates.
Closed