Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #281
Webkinz :)
kpinto is on a distinguished road

Default Re: GANZ down!

View Post Originally Posted by poobears
I'm sure it was a total system crash like last time it was down this long. Takes a long time to get a system this size back on line when it's not properly backed up (from past experiences I don't think Webkinz is). They don't want their sites down either because they are losing money so I'm sure they are working on it as quickly as possible.

I personally wouldn't call, they know it's down and slamming the phone lines won't get it up any quicker. The operators can't help, it's up to the tech people to do their thing.
They must have backup servers. Being in the business there is no way that they don't. The problem is that brining backups back on line can take time. Especially if the hardware they are on differes from the primary. Let's hope its not too much longer!
kpinto is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #282
susan1118

susan1118 is an unknown quantity at this point

BOOO I want to do my daily activities before work LOL
susan1118 is offline Female
Old 01-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #283
Thunderpaw! SkyClan!

kittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roost

*sigh*
9:00 KT, still nothing, webkinz still stuck. Getting worried, guess no snowfakes for me today! I just wish they would let us know on twitter what the heck is wrong.
kittycaty is offline Female
Old 01-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #284
kpinto is on a distinguished road

I found the email address for the tech that helped me last time. Let's hope Perviz still works there and it nice enough to reply to me.
kpinto is offline Female
Old 01-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #285
Mama Bear is cool as a bunny clownMama Bear is cool as a bunny clownMama Bear is cool as a bunny clownMama Bear is cool as a bunny clownMama Bear is cool as a bunny clownMama Bear is cool as a bunny clownMama Bear is cool as a bunny clownMama Bear is cool as a bunny clown

Boo hoo! How am I going to get my daily jobs done and snowflakes caught with the site down? Love WI so I can see it's not just my computer. Thanks, everyone, it's good to know I'm not the only one getting up early to play with my webbies!
Mama Bear is offline Female
Old 01-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #286
crybaby
Gifted
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous

View Post Originally Posted by Mama Bear
Boo hoo! How am I going to get my daily jobs done and snowflakes caught with the site down? Love WI so I can see it's not just my computer. Thanks, everyone, it's good to know I'm not the only one getting up early to play with my webbies!
Noooo, your not. xD (Guilty)
889wlry is offline Female
Old 01-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #287
Pokemon time!

lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness
lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness

It is so annoying that people plan to play on Webkinz to catch snowflakes, but can't even log-on the site.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #288
Sheryl is wacky!

slbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicness
slbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by kkred411
Oh let me see if I can remember that....a day or so...might of been over a weekend too...and that's why it took longer....

But I remember that the east coast and canada had that big snow storm and all the power went out...people were without power for weeks...so those people...could not even get on WI to at least talk to anyone.

One good thing out of it...made lots of new friends on WI that I may not have had a chance to meet since WW was down!

We were completely snowed in and without electricity for over a week. It was a terrible feeling knowing you could not go anywhere even if you wanted to. The farmers in the area finally plowed the road with their tractors but we never saw a plow until about 9 days after the storm. Of course the kids loved it. Me, I was ready to pull my hair out. I literally would have walked out but the snow was too deep to walk in.
slbradshaw is offline Female
Old 01-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #289
Back in School!

JuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by daelcare
Wise advice!! But it would be nice if they'd get it fixed before I have to work!!
I'm sure the folks answering the phones at Ganz this morning are wishing it was fixed before they got to work this morning, too.

I"m with poobears, I think there was some kind of system crash and it's just one of those things that comes up unexpectedly and takes time to fix, unfortunately for us.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #290
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Yikes, we were waiting this out last night, thinking it was going to be resolved by this morning, but it appears not to be the case. I've sent off to my contacts at Ganz and addressed this on the front page with a reference to the thread. Thanks to everyone for keeping up on it.
Justin is offline Male
Closed

Tags
coolgirl27965, double d scotland, fix it ganz grr