Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2011, 05:52 AM   #1
Gift Guru

curiousg has disabled reputation

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 
Default Free Spree Roll Ads in WW take me out of WW

I don't know for sure that this is a glitch:

When I do a regular left mouse click (PC, Internet Explorer) on the Free Spree Roll ads within WW, I am taken immediately to WKN without allowing me to log out properly of WW. (I then have to start all over to re-log into Webkinz). I can get around this by right clicking on the ad (and choosing to open the ad in a new tab or window), but I'm sure many folk do not know to use this to avoid getting bumped out of WW when they click on the free spree ad.

THANK YOU TO TASHYTOOT FOR SHARING THIS TIP TO ME AS WELL!

I would not mention this glitch except that when I click on the Ganz eStore ads, it DOES open a new window so I can't help but wonder if the programming/options could be set up so that the Spree Ads also open WKN in a new window. I realize that maybe this is not a glitch & even wondered if it is intended to avoid letting people cilck repeatedly on the Spree Roll ads. I don't know, but just in case, I am mentioned it.

Hope this can be fixed and my apologies if it is really working correctly

Update: Two way to avoid getting bumped out: hit the control key before/while clicking on the ad (thanks Ritzcracker); OR right click and open in a new tab or window (I still hope that it will be fixed for those people who don't know these tricks )

Last edited by curiousg; 08-27-2011 at 06:13 AM..
curiousg is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2011, 07:11 AM   #2
Call me Submerged
Webkinz :)

Coolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreams
Coolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreams

Default Re: Free Spree Roll Ads in WW take me out of WW

I don't think this is a glitch though. Umm, you are correct, the ad does take you to WKN when you click on it within WW, so I prefer to click on it when I am not doing anything, like choosing where to go on the WW map, or decorating my room. But I wouldn't click on it in the middle of a game, like, Jumble Berry Field, Gem Hunt, Star Hunt, Arcade Game etc...

If I do click on it within WW and go to WKN on the WW screen, I fill out the form or whatever then I make sure I am not able to type anything anywhere that it shows and push the backspace bar, that is, if you don't have the button to go back a page. I am usually taken to the WW log-in screen, without the need of opening up a new WW front page to log back in. If you get me??

Hope I helped, (if you understand what I mean)
Old 08-20-2011, 07:15 AM   #3

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber

It is certainly a glitch. It is very poor programming.

Many people do not know to right click. I am constantly amazed that Ganz doesn't test this stuff.
CheekyDB is offline Female
Old 08-20-2011, 07:56 AM   #4
Gift Guru

curiousg has disabled reputation

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 

View Post Originally Posted by Coolgirl27965
I don't think this is a glitch though. Umm, you are correct, the ad does take you to WKN when you click on it within WW, so I prefer to click on it when I am not doing anything, like choosing where to go on the WW map, or decorating my room. But I wouldn't click on it in the middle of a game, like, Jumble Berry Field, Gem Hunt, Star Hunt, Arcade Game etc...

If I do click on it within WW and go to WKN on the WW screen, I fill out the form or whatever then I make sure I am not able to type anything anywhere that it shows and push the backspace bar, that is, if you don't have the button to go back a page. I am usually taken to the WW log-in screen, without the need of opening up a new WW front page to log back in. If you get me??

Hope I helped, (if you understand what I mean)

You may be right or I may not be explaining the glitch very well.

For some ads, you do not get bumped out of WW. You end up on a separate window or tab and so you can still have a window with Webkinz open.

Webkinz makes a point of telling people that they should log out and yet they have created a Spree Ad that forces the naive player out of Webkinz without logging out.

Thanks for your thoughtful reply & I may not fully understand the reason why Webkinz made it this way (I just know that other ads do not have this same problem.)

View Post Originally Posted by CheekyDB
It is certainly a glitch. It is very poor programming.

Many people do not know to right click. I am constantly amazed that Ganz doesn't test this stuff.
Ganz clearly has an awful lot on their platter. The present world seems to thrive on a rat race competitive mentality. I wish we could all slow down and make fewer mistakes. (I'm a very sloppy person so I feel lots of empathy for them in their rushed mistakes!)

It seems like this might be a very easy fix. Let's hope so!

Last edited by curiousg; 08-20-2011 at 08:10 AM..
curiousg is offline Female
Old 08-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #5

vickylw is a name known to allvickylw is a name known to allvickylw is a name known to all

[QUOTE=curiousg;24507956]I don't know for sure that this is a glitch:

When I do a regular left mouse click (PC, Internet Explorer) on the Free Spree Roll ads within WW, I am taken immediately to WKN without allowing me to log out properly of WW. (I then have to start all over to re-log into Webkinz). I can get around this by right clicking on the ad (and choosing to open the ad in a new tab or window), but I'm sure many folk do not know to use this to avoid getting bumped out of WW when they click on the free spree ad......

This happens to me all the time --- I did not know about the right click trick. Thank you!!!
vickylw is offline Female
Old 08-20-2011, 03:20 PM   #6

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by curiousg
You may be right or I may not be explaining the glitch very well.

For some ads, you do not get bumped out of WW. You end up on a separate window or tab and so you can still have a window with Webkinz open.

Webkinz makes a point of telling people that they should log out and yet they have created a Spree Ad that forces the naive player out of Webkinz without logging out.

Thanks for your thoughtful reply & I may not fully understand the reason why Webkinz made it this way (I just know that other ads do not have this same problem.)

Ganz clearly has an awful lot on their platter. The present world seems to thrive on a rat race competitive mentality. I wish we could all slow down and make fewer mistakes. (I'm a very sloppy person so I feel lots of empathy for them in their rushed mistakes!)

It seems like this might be a very easy fix. Let's hope so!
It is an extremely easy fix. I could fix it if I had access to the code -- and I am not an experienced programmer. They probably have a programmer or two who work just on the ads. Let's hope they fix it the next time they do an update to their section (which seems to happen every few days).

These types of problems have to be terribly frustrating for kids (or adults) who don't know about right clicking.
CheekyDB is offline Female
Old 08-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #7

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

There's an easy way to avoid getting logged out: Hit control on your keyboard before you click on the ad, and it will open in a new window.

Yes, it is annoying that it won't open in a new window, but there is a simple solution to it.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 08-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #8
judyp123

judy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mind
judy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mind

Thanks for the tips! I found this to be extremely annoying too and didn't realize that I could do something to force it into a new window - Thanks!
judy999 is offline Female
Old 08-22-2011, 07:05 PM   #9
criagirl
Gifted

cria defies all odds
cria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all odds

View Post Originally Posted by curiousg
I don't know for sure that this is a glitch:

When I do a regular left mouse click (PC, Internet Explorer) on the Free Spree Roll ads within WW, I am taken immediately to WKN without allowing me to log out properly of WW. (I then have to start all over to re-log into Webkinz). I can get around this by right clicking on the ad (and choosing to open the ad in a new tab or window), but I'm sure many folk do not know to use this to avoid getting bumped out of WW when they click on the free spree ad.

I would not mention this glitch except that when I click on the Ganz eStore ads, it DOES open a new window so I can't help but wonder if the programming/options could be set up so that the Spree Ads also open WKN in a new window. I realize that maybe this is not a glitch & even wondered if it is intended to avoid letting people cilck repeatedly on the Spree Roll ads. I don't know, but just in case, I am mentioned it.

Hope this can be fixed and my apologies if it is really working correctly

Update: Two way to avoid getting bumped out: hit the control key before/while clicking on the ad (thanks Ritzcracker); OR right click and open in a new tab or window (I still hope that it will be fixed for those people who don't know these tricks )

Thanks so much for posting this. it has been driving me NUTS!!!
I'm so glad to know about the right click and the control click!
cria is offline Female
Old 08-22-2011, 07:12 PM   #10
ebkinz Day - YAY!
Gifted

WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness
WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

Wow - thanks! I didn't think of right-clicking. I hated to have to choose between getting the spree roll and finishing what I was doing. Now I don't have to.
WetNose is offline Female
Closed