Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2015, 10:32 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

Refi knows no boundsRefi knows no bounds
Refi knows no boundsRefi knows no boundsRefi knows no boundsRefi knows no boundsRefi knows no boundsRefi knows no boundsRefi knows no bounds

Post Flowplayer disrupting gameplay

First off, I'm sorry if this is mis-categorized or a repeat. I read the rules and searched different keywords, so I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet and do think that this is the right place to post. Anyway~

Video advertisements ridiculously slow down the performance of Webkinz on my computer. On my 2 free accounts every ad is a video and takes 5 minutes+ just to load the first page. (Thank goodness currently they rarely pop up on my full account.) For a while there was a stop video option that I could click to "opt out" of the video and get past seemingly frozen screens. Now there is a "Flowplayer" that pops up and when I pause it, the video pauses for a little bit, but then reloads a new video, sometimes an un-pausable one. Not only the videos (which play choppy at best) slow down loading, but make it longer for hosts to speak before I can click to do the dailies (like mining). Games like the Agility at the Academy are impossible because I'll jump and the screen will freeze with my pet mid-air then the next frame shown is the following hurdle knocked over. I've come close to failing the Grooming one just because the game will not respond to letting me style Plumpy's hair but the clock still ticks (albeit in jumps). I would love it if video advertisements could be done away with altogether so Webkinz could run the way it was meant, but I was satisfied with the previous option to manually stop the videos for times that they became a hindrance.

I clear my cache almost every day and pretty much only use my computer for Webkinz now.

Last edited by Refi; 02-26-2015 at 09:19 PM.. Reason: Installing an ad blocker resolved the issue
Refi is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2015, 10:55 AM   #2
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Flowplayer disrupting gameplay

I do not know what browser you are using but with most browsers you can install adblock plus which will block all ads including the videos from running. I use it on Google Chrome and Firefos and everything runs much better.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 02-26-2015, 02:41 PM   #3

cherylkb is a name known to allcherylkb is a name known to allcherylkb is a name known to all

Hi Refi,
I play 5 accounts and found that if after i loaded the log in page (where we put our username etc.) I went back to the opening page and put it on google or some page without pop ups, and then went back to my log in page and logged in I could play without problem full speed. Otherwise the opening page always made games run slow, freeze etc. I've been doing this since Nov. 2014. My browser is Firefox.
Hope that helps. Cherylkb
cherylkb is offline Female
Old 02-26-2015, 05:53 PM   #4

suzette424 is headed for the top!suzette424 is headed for the top!suzette424 is headed for the top!suzette424 is headed for the top!suzette424 is headed for the top!suzette424 is headed for the top!suzette424 is headed for the top!suzette424 is headed for the top!suzette424 is headed for the top!suzette424 is headed for the top!suzette424 is headed for the top!suzette424 is headed for the top!

I totally agree with you about Ganz not using video ads. I currently have adblock and prior to loading that I did what cherylkb did, not have the log in page up. It was disappointing to me to lose seeing some of the ads though. I like to see what is happening in WW and on WK, but now I do not see any ads.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:18 PM   #5

Refi knows no boundsRefi knows no bounds
Refi knows no boundsRefi knows no boundsRefi knows no boundsRefi knows no boundsRefi knows no boundsRefi knows no boundsRefi knows no bounds

Thanks for trying to help, marnabear, cherylkb, and suzette424 I was hoping that Webkinz might be able to have some extent of control of the ads, although I realize they are randomly generated from an ad company. I had a really good blocking addon that my brother recommended on my old PC, but that was before I started playing Webkinz and I couldn't remember what that one was called (I liked it better than ad blocker--then again, being years ago everything technological changes!)

Being a Super School Day and all, I did not want to fail classes today so I went ahead and added on the Adblock Plus. (Using Firefox since that browser seems to run webkinz best on my particular Macbook--I'm just not as familiar with some of the back-end workings of my Mac as I was with my PC).

It seems to work a bit differently than yours, suzette424. After installing, I still got adds, but there was a block option that popped up when I hover over them, so I added flowplayer ads to the filter and now the videos don't show up any more, but I still get the webkinz ads (which I also enjoy seeing ) as well as some of the non-vid ones that don't bother me (although some of those make me crave tacos or chili dogs lol)
EDIT I found out why I still get ads: I turned off all the default filters! (I thought they were things allowed, not things already blocked lol) Well, this way I can pick and choose what ads I want blocked and which to keep showing up.

Last edited by Refi; 02-27-2015 at 10:51 AM..
Refi is offline Female
Closed