Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 01:46 PM   #1
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

Default eStore Glitch - renewing deluxe membership **1st post UPDATE

I have run into a problem on Webkinz with regards to renewing my family deluxe membership account. The glitch is as follows:

In our family we have a Deluxe Family membership. This month is our last month on the membership prior to it needing renewal. Because we may be going away I decided to renew early. However, when I went to buy the new family membership and I put in the information regarding the 5 accounts to be included I got a message saying that 2 of the accounts are expired and so they must be reactivated before being included in the deluxe family membership.

The problem is, theoretically these accounts would have expired in September of 2009, but because they were under the umbrella of our Deluxe membership they did not expire. Officially our deluxe membership expires April 2nd, so my accounts are still active; I can do all daily activities/hourly activities/deluxe activities; and the date of expiration on the My Pets page specifically says April 2, 2010. However, that is not the date that the eStore is recognizing, it is thinking these accounts expired back in September.

I have called Ganz and they said "Oh yeah, it looks like we have a problem"....and they said they would look into it. Of course, since we may be going away and I really don't know when and if I'll have computer access, I wanted to renew now...but alas, they are telling me they have no idea when this problem will be fixed and they could not renew my deluxe membership over the phone. Ultimately the issue is that because I haven't adopted pets on 2 of the accounts in over a year now, they are saying the accounts are expired, but they are not really because they are still active as deluxe accounts. If others have not adopted pets on some of their deluxe accounts I'm thinking that they too will run into this issue.

Ganz is now aware of the problem and is working on it...however they have a short window to fix this before they are inundated with renewals for deluxe memberships. April of last year was the first month for deluxe, so anyone who purchased a deluxe account when they first started will all soon be renewing...and if they are like me and want to do this before the accounts are set to expire based on deluxe membership dates, well, it's going to be a big problem because the date of expiration being recognized by the eStore is 1 year from the last adoption, not the date of deluxe activation.

So, in a nutshell, if you have not adopted a pet in over a year, but your account was 'protected' by the deluxe membership, there is a problem with recognition of those accounts as being active versus expired when you go to renew your deluxe membership.

Hope you have a great day...and if I hear anything back from Ganz I will be sure to post an update. I spoke to a customer service rep and then to a manager and was promised a call back today....so now I wait.

** UPDATE AT 6:00 P.M. **

Okay, just spoke to the Ganz manager, she basically has gotten no word on a fix. She reassured me that they know it's a problem, but have no fix and have no estimated date or time for a fix. So, your choice is to wait it out...or phone and let them know that you too have a problem, not sure if more phone calls will mean more staff trying to fix this or not...that decision would be yours. If I hear anything further I will continue to update.

Last edited by FroggyDoodle; 03-03-2010 at 06:13 PM..
FroggyDoodle is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
boom to the bang
Gift Guru

Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!

Default Re: eStore Glitch - renewing deluxe membership

Very same thing happened to me too Froggydoodle...

I decided to renew my family membership last night on all five of my accounts and recieved a rather alarming message from the estore that I could not renew membership on two accounts as they had already expired.

I spoke with the customer service dept of estore this morning and sent them a screen shot and email at their request.. I believe it has something to do with our servers.

This is my email to them..

I spoke to Carol this morning in reference to a problem I am having with 'renewing' my deluxe membership on my family accounts.

I would like to renew all five of my accounts as I will be out of town the first of April and do not want my families membership to lapse. I understand I will be getting the same gifts for March again and I am completely fine with that because we all love the little leprechaun hat so much.

Two of my accounts ... Dmo--- and Bmo--- have not had a pet adopted on them since 2009 because we are deluxe members and that is part of the deluxe member benefit. These are now showing as expired in your Estore records but they are not due to expire until April 2nd 2010.

Additionally, these two accounts were effected in an expiration glitch back during fallfest, when my children logged in to collect slow falling infrequent leaves (which was torture by the way)... they were met with a pop up that said these accounts had expired. Clearly something is wrong on your records.

Please let me know as soon as possible when this is corrected so that I can renew my membership and not have to continue to worry about this. I am a member of forum where this type of information is shared, hopefully it does not effect a large number of people hoping to renew... or people will be bananas come April 2nd and find out their accounts expire.

Thanks for you help
Dash is offline Female
Old 03-03-2010, 02:07 PM   #3
ho is Tinker?
Gifted

florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!

aaarghhhh! Thanks for letting us know. I have to renew too and was thinking of doing this weekend to beat the April 1 rush. I also thought it might be smart to do it early since there are always glitches at the beginning of the month. Please please please post if you get any kind of answer. I am going to hold off renewing ....
florida is offline Female
Old 03-03-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by florida
aaarghhhh! Thanks for letting us know. I have to renew too and was thinking of doing this weekend to beat the April 1 rush. I also thought it might be smart to do it early since there are always glitches at the beginning of the month. Please please please post if you get any kind of answer. I am going to hold off renewing ....
If I get any word back then I certainly will update the first post for all to know the outcome!
Old 03-03-2010, 02:24 PM   #5
omd00
Webkinz :)

montana mom is just really nicemontana mom is just really nice

Thanks for the info! We are in a similar situation.

Dash- we had the glitch during fallfest and I ended up adding a pet on each of the two accounts. What did you do? Maybe because we did that we won't have the isssue FroggyDoodle has. BUT I SHOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO HAVE ADDED THOSE PETS!!!

Please keep us updated. I will be waiting to hear it is fixed before I do ANY renewing!

Last edited by montana mom; 03-03-2010 at 02:27 PM..
montana mom is offline Female
Old 03-03-2010, 02:31 PM   #6
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by montana mom
Thanks for the info! We are in a similar situation.

Dash- we had the glitch during fallfest and I ended up adding a pet on each of the two accounts. What did you do? Maybe because we did that we won't have the isssue FroggyDoodle has. BUT I SHOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO HAVE ADDED THOSE PETS!!!

Please keep us updated. I will be waiting to hear it is fixed before I do ANY renewing!
I had the same problem on these 2 specific accounts during that glitched time at fallfest. We added pets that weekend to extend the accounts and then on the Monday I phoned Ganz, who recognized the error and reset the two codes for me for future use. Because you adopted pets on the accounts you extended the account, so you should not have the deluxe issue.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #7
boom to the bang
Gift Guru

Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by montana mom
Dash- we had the glitch during fallfest and I ended up adding a pet on each of the two accounts. What did you do? ...
We didn't do anything... miraculously the problem of us getting locked out of our accounts was fixed by Ganz late in the day on Sunday of Fallfest
Dash is offline Female
Old 03-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #8
PEEP!
Gift Guru

adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence
adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence

Wow I got a ton of super cheap pets at walgreens a few months ago. I think i'm going to adopt them onto any accounts that may have this problem. Thanks for the warning.
adrkmfdm is offline Female
Old 03-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #9
marnabear
Webkinz :)

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

I am glad to find out about this before I run into the same problem. My first account has a lot of pets on it and I was relying on deluxe to keep it going. Guess I hope the glitch will be fixed before then. I hope you keep us informed as to what happens.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 03-03-2010, 03:14 PM   #10
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

Thank you for reporting this problem.

Since this is an "issue: more than a "glitch" and Ganz is aware of the problem, I will hold off putting it in the WIki Glitch Report.

Last edited by canonymous; 03-03-2010 at 03:18 PM..
Closed