Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 07:21 PM   #1
Oddmeister
Gift Guru

Oddmeister is worth the waitOddmeister is worth the waitOddmeister is worth the wait
Oddmeister is worth the wait

Default Dicekinz: low-number Dodge outranks higher-number Trip

Type of account: Deluxe
Time zone: US

Description: Evidently some sort of Dicekinz update was done; I had to re-select my dice, which were not appearing. It also looks like the Recover die may finally be displaying the already-played dice correctly (not confirmed). Unfortunately, a new glitch is affecting game play. Now when I play a Trip, my computer opponent's Dodge with a lower number now trumps my Trip. I have observed this several times. Here is a screen shot which shows my number 3 Trip being trumped by my computer opponent's number 2 Dodge:

Click the image to open in full size.

This new glitch makes the game very difficult to play effectively! I have not tested to see whether I can "cheat" as my computer opponent can with the lower-number Dodge die.
Oddmeister is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
jeanne0952
Webkinz :)

emmie0952 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Dicekinz: low-number Dodge outranks higher-number Trip

Oh no! I don't play Dicekinz so I have never experienced this problem. But I hope it is resolved soon!
Old 04-19-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
Gifted

LordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guide

Default Dicekinz: Dodge Glitch - CONFIRMED

Confirmed.

The original thread in the DiceKinz Forum that alerted me to this problem is here. It does appear that with the most recent update to DiceKinz (which made all the dice look GREEN when they are "rolling", instead of their normal colors), the DODGE Dice are now broken.

A Dodge 2 should NOT be able to stop a Trip 6. ^_~

Click the image to open in full size.

I'd like to call this a "Major" glitch, since it does SERIOUSLY affect game play, but on the other hand, the effect seems balanced since your OWN block dice are now overpowered too... Perhaps a "Minor" classification is in order?

In any case, this is definitely a verified, reproducable, and serious glitch. Good luck fixing that one GANZ!

^_^
-LordRaidor-
LordRaidor is offline Male
Old 04-19-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
Oddmeister
Gift Guru

Oddmeister is worth the waitOddmeister is worth the waitOddmeister is worth the wait
Oddmeister is worth the wait

Default Re: Dicekinz: Dodge Glitch - CONFIRMED

View Post Originally Posted by LordRaidor
Confirmed.
I'd like to call this a "Major" glitch, since it does SERIOUSLY affect game play, but on the other hand, the effect seems balanced since your OWN block dice are now overpowered too... Perhaps a "Minor" classification is in order?

In any case, this is definitely a verified, reproducable, and serious glitch. Good luck fixing that one GANZ!

^_^
-LordRaidor-
Thanks for the supporting evidence! I also saw the other thread, but it's not in the right place for glitch tracking, so I thought I would start this one. You make a good point about my Dodge dice being overpowered, too -- but I really don't use Dodge much as part of my strategy. I don't mess with my opponents all that often, and my defense is pretty weak -- I like to use Wild, Growth, Recover, and Run mostly. Maximum wins in minimum time.
Oddmeister is offline Female
Old 04-20-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
Gifted

LordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guide

Default Dicekinz: Dodge Glitch - Serious Issue

View Post Originally Posted by Oddmeister
...You make a good point about my Dodge dice being overpowered, too -- but I really don't use Dodge much as part of my strategy. I don't mess with my opponents all that often, and my defense is pretty weak -- I like to use Wild, Growth, Recover, and Run mostly. Maximum wins in minimum time.
Oh, I agree completely. I use the same Wild/Growth strategy, which is precisely why I didn't notice this particular 'bug' myself before somebody else pointed it out. ^_~ Of the dice I regularly use, there is not ONE SINGLE Dodge or Trip in the mix. Furthermore, I use any Scares I happen to roll on MYSELF, to reroll any 'faces' that came up or on Unicorns that weren't Wild. If somenody else hadn't mentioned this little error, I literally NEVER would've noticed it. ^_~

However, for players just getting started, or regulars who do rely upon Trips and/or Dodges, this is a VERY serious bug. Fortunately, you'd think that it would be one that is fairly easy to find in the code and fix.

...We'll see.

^_^
-LordRaidor-
LordRaidor is offline Male
Old 04-30-2010, 07:39 PM   #6
Webkinz :)

Avonnite is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Dicekinz: low-number Dodge outranks higher-number Trip

I noticed this, too. Two times today, my opponent used a lower number dodge and beat my trip. I tried to do this, too, but so far, it only looks like I can't do it.
Closed