Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 08:03 AM   #1
Lrnpanda
Gift Guru

Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!

Exclamation Awry Ad

Does anyone else have this pesty half Ad blocking the top left corner of WW? I have logged out/in a bunch of times, can't make it go away... It is on every screen, including My Room and it blocks buttons.

Pic below shows a Stay Active! ad, but it is an ad loop - right now I have "Aquatically Awesome Items Await You Ganz estore"

Click the image to open in full size.

Just when I though it couldn't get any worse...the white space loaded a Rice Krispies ad...

Will try a different browser - above is happening with IE9

Last edited by Lrnpanda; 04-27-2011 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: Just getting worse every log on/off attempt...
Lrnpanda is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
judyp123
Webkinz :)

judy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mind
judy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mind

Default Re: Awry Ad

Hi, I'm using Safari and I have a Scott's ad in the lower right corner!

judy999 is offline Female
Old 04-27-2011, 09:15 AM   #3

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

Yes, I have this problem, too. It just started for the first time moments after the maintenance for April 27th was finished. I am using Opera and right now I'm looking at the Rice Krispies ad. Everything you said ~ it blocks what is behind the ad on the web page so I can't get to buttons, tabs, etc. and it WON'T GO AWAY !! Clearly Ganz needs to fix this one pronto as it severely interferes with game play. I'll call them right now and let them know.

UPDATE ~ Just got off the phone with Ganz and .... of course ... Murphy's Law ... I logged onto one of my accounts using IE9 while I was on the phone and the ad was nowhere to be seen.

So it's a random issue and because the CSR couldn't reproduce the problem while I was on the phone with him, I have to email them screenshots and a description of the problem. I'm also going to send him the link to this thread. I was under the impression the CSR doesn't have Opera, Safari or IE9 installed on his computer, just Firefox and IE8.

SECOND UPDATE ~ Just sent my email with description of problem and screenshots attached. So now we wait and see ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpgBad Ad Placement.jpg (165.7 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by MysticZon; 04-27-2011 at 09:43 AM..
MysticZon is offline Female
Old 04-27-2011, 09:21 AM   #4
Theatre910

Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicness
Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicness

Call and let them know.

They blocked the malware Mario ad the other day;

they may be able to do something about these.

You'll probably have to insist they pass it on to tech dept.
Twizzlerz is offline Female
Old 04-27-2011, 09:36 AM   #5

TrekGirl is a golden guideTrekGirl is a golden guideTrekGirl is a golden guideTrekGirl is a golden guideTrekGirl is a golden guideTrekGirl is a golden guideTrekGirl is a golden guideTrekGirl is a golden guideTrekGirl is a golden guideTrekGirl is a golden guideTrekGirl is a golden guideTrekGirl is a golden guideTrekGirl is a golden guide

This is the one I have and am on Foxfire:

View Post Originally Posted by judy999
Hi, I'm using Safari and I have a Scott's ad in the lower right corner!

TrekGirl is offline Female
Old 04-27-2011, 09:41 AM   #6
Lrnpanda
Gift Guru

Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by MysticZon
Yes, I have this problem, too. It just started for the first time moments after the maintenance for April 27th was finished. I am using Opera and right now I'm looking at the Rice Krispies ad. Everything you said ~ it blocks what is behind the ad on the web page so I can't get to buttons, tabs, etc. and it WON'T GO AWAY !! Clearly Ganz needs to fix this one pronto as it severely interferes with game play. I'll call them right now and let them know.

UPDATE ~ Just got off the phone with Ganz and .... of course ... Murphy's Law ... I logged onto one of my accounts using IE9 while I was on the phone and the ad was nowhere to be seen.

So it's a random issue and because the CSR couldn't reproduce the problem while I was on the phone with him, I have to email them screenshots and a description of the problem. I'm also going to send him the link to this thread. I was under the impression the CSR doesn't have Opera, Safari or IE9 installed on his computer, just Firefox and IE8.

So now we wait and see ...
Mine are gone right now too...I thought is was due to my technical prowess LOL I have been playing around with it for a while now.

So, we have a random Ad placement problem and I am not the Techno Wizard I thought I was for a minute or two..."" is right!
Lrnpanda is offline Female
Old 04-27-2011, 09:49 AM   #7

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by TrekGirl
This is the one I have and am on Foxfire:
I'm actually glad to read that the problem is happening in Firefox, as well. Why ?? Because while I was on the phone with the CSR, of course he's telling me that WW is best viewed and played in Firefox (like they always tell us) and I'm a professional web designer/developer and I'm telling him that WW is not cross-browser friendly and the programmers have tunnel vision programming a site with hundreds of thousands of members for one particular browser !!

But this further shows us that this bad ad placement is random because the CSR did log into one of my accounts using Firefox and, of course, the ad didn't show up for him but it did for me using Opera.
MysticZon is offline Female
Old 04-27-2011, 10:15 AM   #8
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

I am getting that scotts ad as well-VERY annoying. and no way to x out of it either...hope they fix it soon!
dragonbird is offline Female
Old 04-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #9
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I wasn't getting it for a while, but all of a sudden it slid across the screen and parked in the corner.
Desty is offline Female
Old 04-27-2011, 10:33 AM   #10
Gift Guru

acourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talent

I'm using Firefox, and I have the Scott's ad. Very annoying.
acourt is offline Female
Closed