Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 08:18 PM   #1
KKsMommy
Webkinz :)
KKsMommy has much to be proud ofKKsMommy has much to be proud ofKKsMommy has much to be proud ofKKsMommy has much to be proud ofKKsMommy has much to be proud of

Default Arte won't talk about rares

I'm at the "my shop is your shop" level with Arte, but for the past several days, when I click on "ask about rare items," Arte just sits there with a blank speech bubble, blinking his eyes. Everything in the Curio Shop is then inactive, although I can still access my dock and get out of the Curio Shop by way of my Things To Do menu. All other parts of the Curio Shop work fine for me -- no problems with shopping, asking about sales, gem hunting, or tipping Arte.

I'm on a G4 Mac running OS 10.5.8, using Safari 4.0.3 as my browser.

I've attached (or attempted to attach) a screen shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpgPicture 1.jpg (80.7 KB, 8 views)
KKsMommy is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2009, 11:08 PM   #2
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default Re: Arte won't talk about rares

It sounds like your computer hasn't downloaded the files from the latest update.

Try clearing your cache and temporary internet files. That should get him talking again.
FIA is offline Female
Old 11-18-2009, 12:55 AM   #3
caprica00,
Gift Guru

TNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicness
TNVOLS is epic beyond epicness

I've had the same problem..if it is the first account I access during the day...our cache is cleared every time we exit the internet..so..I'm thinking that it does have something to do with the cookies...seen several rather odd glitches since the last update!!
TNVOLS is offline Female
Old 11-18-2009, 02:08 AM   #4
ishing ....
Gift Guru

Ranger1985 has disabled reputation

That's happening to me, as well. Clearing my cache doesn't help. I figure I'll just wait it out until Ganz fixes it --- with the good folks here at WI keeping me apprised as to what's coming up in the Rares and when, I really don't need Arte's "newz".
Ranger1985 is offline Female
Old 11-18-2009, 03:36 AM   #5
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Yes this has been happening every day for several days now, and it really means No More Rares. Arte will only get the white bubble without speech when there are no more rares. As long as there is another rare that day, Arte will speak and give the time. As far as I know, it's doing it for everyone.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 11-27-2009, 07:40 PM   #6
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber
Default Arte won't talk to me or let me buy

When I go to the curio and ask about a rare after the time for the rare is over, all I see is a speech bubble and I cannot get into the curio to buy anything because the buttons do not work. This is not a big problem, but he used to tell me there are no more rares and now he seems to be speechless about it.

This happens on all my accounts where Arte will tell me the time of the rare. They are all American deluxe and this has been happening for a while now.

Last edited by marnabear; 11-27-2009 at 08:03 PM..
marnabear is offline Female
Old 11-27-2009, 07:43 PM   #7
Gifted

gottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of art
gottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of art

Default Re: Arte won't talk to me or let me buy

Hmm, that is strange.
I just checked my curio shop, and everything worked fine.
Have you tried logging out and then back in? If so, this may just be a glitch that will be gone soon.
gottaluvjoe is offline Female
Old 11-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #8
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by gottaluvjoe
Hmm, that is strange.
I just checked my curio shop, and everything worked fine.
Have you tried logging out and then back in? If so, this may just be a glitch that will be gone soon.
It has been happening to me for a while and I just tried it right after I logged in. I don't think it's the cache and it happens on all the accounts where Arte will tell me the time of the sales and the rare. I have one account which is not on that level, and on that one he tells me he has nothing for me today.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 11-27-2009, 08:09 PM   #9
Gifted

gottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of art
gottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of art

View Post Originally Posted by marnabear
It has been happening to me for a while and I just tried it right after I logged in. I don't think it's the cache and it happens on all the accounts where Arte will tell me the time of the sales and the rare. I have one account which is not on that level, and on that one he tells me he has nothing for me today.
I haven't seen anyone else having the problem.
You can try contacting Ganz if you want.
gottaluvjoe is offline Female
Old 12-10-2009, 07:14 PM   #10
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Default Curio Shop freezes when there aren't any more rares (for highest level)

American and Asian deluxe accounts:

For the highest level in the Curio Shop, where Arte holds up a sign to tell you when the next rare will be:

If there are no more rares for the day, and you click on "Ask about rare items", then Arte will get a blank speech bubble and the Curio Shop will freeze.

Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpgw09 Arte speechless.JPG (82.7 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by SnowCrystal; 12-10-2009 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: Adding picture
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Closed