Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

SchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond repute

Default Academy Class Failure due to "back-up"

Ok, this has happened to me over 20 times now! It does not happen every time but about 50% of the time. I go to the academy, select a class (art usually), push all the right buttons, the screen opened up for me to do it, and then it BACKS-UP TO THE INSTRUCTION SCREEN but now won't let me select anything! Not "go to class" and not "cancel"! All I can do is use the "things to do" tab to go to the newspaper or something and then return to the academy, where it now shows that I failed the class! I wasn't even given the opportunity to do the class! It just takes my $50KC and puts me back another day! HELP!
SchmoopiePie is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
ho is Tinker?
Gifted

florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!

Default Re: Academy Class Failure due to "back-up"

Good morning,

That is frustrating and annoying I agree. Are you waiting for Ms Cowaline to stop talking and there is no speech bubble before you click the buttons to attend the class? That will cause the problem you are describing.
florida is offline Female
Old 02-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #3

Denimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contest
Denimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contest

I had the same thing happen to me for awhile. I have learned I need to slow down and let everything load up. Wait for Tabby to stop talking then click on the class you want to take. Wait for everything to load properly instead of just clicking everything quickly. This should resolve your problem. I know it is a pain to slow down and not just click everything first, but it will save you the frustration in the long run.
Denimbutterfly is offline Female
Old 02-25-2010, 11:19 AM   #4

SchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the great advise florida & Denimbutterfly. Maybe that is the problem, since I do tend to be a speedy-clicker. I will try it tomorrow and let her go through her speech while I read the newspaper or knit a sweater or something. (call me impatient ) I'll let you know how it turns out, ok. Thx again!
Old 02-25-2010, 11:31 AM   #5
95 wacky Records!
Gifted

dolphin95 swims in greatness
dolphin95 swims in greatness

I will try it tomorrow and let her go through her speech while I read the newspaper or knit a sweater or something.

That used to happen to me all the time. It happened several times in one day, and then I decided I was going to fast. Now, I slow down - make a call, knit a sweater, make dinner - not really. lol. But I do find that when I wait a few seconds, I save that $50 and failing that class. Once I was in a hurry and forgot, and sure enough, it froze again. I haven't forgotten again since then. Good luck!
dolphin95 is offline Female
Old 02-25-2010, 12:41 PM   #6

dartmar radiates beauty and kindness all arounddartmar radiates beauty and kindness all arounddartmar radiates beauty and kindness all arounddartmar radiates beauty and kindness all arounddartmar radiates beauty and kindness all arounddartmar radiates beauty and kindness all arounddartmar radiates beauty and kindness all around

Since I don't keep the sound on , I learned to count to 5 after each click. It hasn't happened to me since then. Now if I could only get through agility... ARGGG
Old 02-25-2010, 01:25 PM   #7

Yeah, dolphin95 , I need to just be more patient and let Mrs. Cowaline say whatever is on her mind, I guess. It's just so hard to do, when you are low on time and have a million things racing through your head that you need to get done, but... oh well. I will try my best.

View Post Originally Posted by dartmar
Since I don't keep the sound on , I learned to count to 5 after each click. It hasn't happened to me since then. Now if I could only get through agility... ARGGG
Yeah dartmar, I usually keep my volume off too, so "the voices don't get to me." I like the counting tip! I will have to try that. As for agility, it is hopeless for me right now, because I think I am having issues with my computer's RAM. It freezes-up frequently and makes my pet pause right before a hurdle & fail. I bought another 1GB card but I left the original messed up (I suspect) 512 one in there and I think it may be still affecting things somehow...? I dunno if that is possible or not; my computer knowledge is somewhat limited.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:42 PM   #8
ho is Tinker?
Gifted

florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by SchmoopiePie
Yeah, dolphin95 , I need to just be more patient and let Mrs. Cowaline say whatever is on her mind, I guess. It's just so hard to do, when you are low on time and have a million things racing through your head that you need to get done, but... oh well. I will try my best.

Yeah dartmar, I usually keep my volume off too, so "the voices don't get to me." I like the counting tip! I will have to try that. As for agility, it is hopeless for me right now, because I think I am having issues with my computer's RAM. It freezes-up frequently and makes my pet pause right before a hurdle & fail. I bought another 1GB card but I left the original messed up (I suspect) 512 one in there and I think it may be still affecting things somehow...? I dunno if that is possible or not; my computer knowledge is somewhat limited.
i find with agility that my computer pulls that stuttering act if I have something running in the background or have another page open that is displaying moving graphics. Sometimes my antivirus is scanning and then the class is impossible. I now set the scan to a time when I am not online!
florida is offline Female
Old 02-26-2010, 12:12 AM   #9

View Post Originally Posted by florida
i find with agility that my computer pulls that stuttering act if I have something running in the background or have another page open that is displaying moving graphics. Sometimes my antivirus is scanning and then the class is impossible. I now set the scan to a time when I am not online!
Florida - You're right! It does act like it has something running in the background, but I know it is not anti-virus, because I don't have any right now (yeah I know, I'm crazy! but it's a long story.) Other people I know have started having that same "something running in the background" off-and-on issue too. They do have anti-virus but this has not always been happening to them, so... ??? Also certain programs I was able to use successfully before no longer work and I have been blaming that on the "RAM" issue too, but maybe it is something running in the background. I have no clue but really wish I knew more about computers.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:34 AM   #10

Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.
Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.

Hey Schmoopie, I've been having problems with agility this week. I don't need a program running in the background, my comp is super-slow! But this past week it's been really bad, pet freezing, I can hear her running a few steps, then all of a sudden it unfreezes and she takes off into a hurdle! I just have a feeling that Webkinz programming is getting bigger than my computer can handle.

I usually have the volume off for all the chatty people, but I need it on for agility for some reason. I don't have the patience to listen to Cowoline, but she has yet to punish me for cutting her off! Hmmm, or maybe my slowdown is her revenge!
Beautykinz is offline Female
Closed