Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2011, 02:05 AM   #41
Webkinz :)

Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest
Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest

Default Re: 500 - Internal Server Error

I hear you Bankskinz! What happened to not having to go down daily? Very annoying. And yes it seems like they cater to east coast US time. Too bad if you stay up late on the west coast, or happen to be in a different country!

I can understand if something major had to be fixed, or once a month or something. But don't say you'll stop going down every day and then do so anyway! Very frustrating!
Lambchop77 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2011, 03:47 AM   #42

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by Bankskinz
This error has been occuring EVERY DAY at the SAME TIME for over THREE WEEKS.

It occurs at EST 2am-3am (not for an entire hour, but for 20-40 minutes).
Unfortunately for many Gazk customers living/working in Euro & Asia, it is in the MIDDLE of our DAYTIME, causing us to miss rares, jobs & hourlies for the past MONTH.

This is absolutely unacceptable. Ganz REALLY needs to start treating its non-NA customers with a bit more respect. We spend hundred and hundreds of dollars on pets, deluxe, estore, etc., and we expect to be able to GET OUR MONEY's worth!

They COULD stagger their maintenance (though they said they weren't doing maintenance on a daily basis anymore - they LIED - they just moved it 2 hours later at "night" for EST people, so less people would care...). We have suggested repeatedly that they could do half the servers, then the other half, so there would always be servers available for ALL three time zones to use. You know, like REAL companies do....

This post may sound strong, but that's because it IS. We are deeply offended that Ganz truly does neglect and disrespect such an important demographic for the sake of their EST customers. This has GOT to change.

Respectfully (but deeply hurt & frustrated),
Bankskinz
Well Bankskinz, they say misery loves company .... may I keep you company ??

Yes, in Europe, this "down time" or "blackout" as I call it happens in Asia precisely at 4:30 PM KT (Asian KT Time) which means the Asian account holders are missing out on the first hourly activity of the weekday and mid-day hourly activity on weekends.

Ganz may tell those who have called in that this is a server issue and that "the techs are aware of the situation and are working to resolve this issue although we cannot give you a time frame as to when the issue will be resolved" ... the fact that the servers go down at exactly the same time of day/night for roughly the same amount of time (30-40 minutes) tells me it's not a server issue .... Ganz knows exactly why the servers are going down but they aren't telling why. I'm suspecting Ganz is doing a backup not of WW, but another site ... Tail Towns.

I HAVE A THEORY OF WHAT MIGHT BE HAPPENING

I have a theory but it's only that ... a theory. With the launch of Tail Towns on March 8th, I'm betting dollars to donuts that Ganz is "borrowing" or "sharing" WW's servers with TT and it's causing havoc not only at 2:30 AM North American KT / 4:30 PM Asian KT but off and on through the day ... as if the poor WW servers aren't overburned enough already.

I suspect Ganz is doing a backup of TT during this blackout. Those of us who have played in WW since the beginning up to about late 2007 may remember that backup of WW took place at 2:00 AM EST/KT and lasted no more than 30 minutes. As WW grew and the membership grew to the millions, this backup period gradually turned into a 2½-3 hour long backup. Then Ganz figured out how to backup / do maintenance on WW without shutting down the whole system and it was proudly announced by Ganz that there would be NO MORE MAINTENANCE DOWN TIME at 2:00 AM EST/KT ... and we enjoyed this for a few short months until these 30 minute blackouts started in late February. As TT doesn't have millions of members yet, the amount of time requried to backup the accounts is pretty much the same as it was when WW was still in its infancy.

I've seen other gaming sites do this when they launch a new game and, until Ganz gets it together and figures out the requisite number of servers needed to keep the new game running smoothly, they borrow or share servers from an existing game site owned by the same company. It's a money-saving measure so that the company, in this case Ganz, doesn't overbuy too many servers all at once until they gauge the traffic of the new site.

If my theory holds water, then the people playing on TT probably aren't fairing any better than we are on WW.

HOW THIS AFFECTS THE WKN SITE

I forgot to mention that during this blackout time period, you cannot play the Video Challenge games or, if a Peek-a-Newz or "clicky floaty" event is taking place, such as the Shamrockin' Guitar was a day or so ago, you cannot get your prize. The reason being is that the prizes are directly tied to our WW accounts (via the new popup prize window) and therefore if the WW servers are down, getting the prizes are also down.

So while WKN may be on a separate server system than that of WW, the programming that ties WKN and WW together is affected. Once the blackout is finished, everything resumes as it should.

Last edited by MysticZon; 03-19-2011 at 05:29 AM.. Reason: HOW THIS AFFECTS THE WKN SITE
MysticZon is offline Female
Old 03-19-2011, 12:07 PM   #43
ants a REAL peacock!

Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!

That's a nice theory MysticZon, but Tail Towns hasn't launched yet. The launch was delayed and no new launch date was given. I think they're just trying to back up Webkinz.
Hibiscus is offline Female
Old 03-19-2011, 12:12 PM   #44
Is happy
Gift Guru

4000kitties is a genius through and through
4000kitties is a genius through and through4000kitties is a genius through and through4000kitties is a genius through and through4000kitties is a genius through and through4000kitties is a genius through and through4000kitties is a genius through and through4000kitties is a genius through and through4000kitties is a genius through and through4000kitties is a genius through and through4000kitties is a genius through and through4000kitties is a genius through and through4000kitties is a genius through and through4000kitties is a genius through and through

It happended to me as well.
4000kitties is offline Female
Old 03-19-2011, 04:20 PM   #45

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by Hibiscus
That's a nice theory MysticZon, but Tail Towns hasn't launched yet. The launch was delayed and no new launch date was given. I think they're just trying to back up Webkinz.
Ah well, there goes my theory. But I still can't shake this gut feeling that Tail Towns is somehow involved. Would it kill Ganz for them to let us know what's going on ?? <-- rhetorical question, no one has to answer that
MysticZon is offline Female
Old 03-23-2011, 10:43 AM   #46

DD313 will become famous soon enough

that happened 2 times to me, on two days same time but now i hope it is better
DD313 is offline Female
Old 03-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #47
Packerdan205

Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!

I got that all the time playing Peek a Newz and Floaty Clicky events. I normally just exit the IE screen, wiat a few moments, and try again. Should work.
Packerdan is offline Male
Old 03-23-2011, 08:21 PM   #48

darkblast is on a distinguished road

wow lol did i cuase i problem starting this? or was it good i made the thread?
darkblast is offline Male
Closed

Tags
another glitch, frustrating