Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 04:39 PM   #81
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

Default Re: *Virtual Trading Cards - Duplicate & Not Getting Counted Problems.

View Post Originally Posted by JustDad
The car was from completing the challenge cards I think.

Since restricting the card entering to one pack a day seems to be working at avoiding this problem (lets assume for now that it hasn't been fixed) I'll make sure the kids stay with that pattern.

BTW the cards they entered this morning were ok as well (one code each, with one card paying $853 and the other yielding the gaming table) - as for the VTC's no repeats again (but they did get one which was a duplicate of one they already had in their binders).

I am putting it down to luck right now considering that between them they have opened 10 packs over the past couple of weeks. If Ganz has been honest with stating that each VTC within a pack is completely random, then given 80 possible cards the odds of getting all cards unique in any given VTC pack would be 88%. Then the odds of getting 10 in a row with no packs with duplicates would be around 27%.

One other thing I have noticed over the past week - again it may be entirely coincidental - but there has been a ton of Trading Card Stuff showing up in the trading rooms.

Kids spend about 45 minutes on WebKinz a day and over the past week they have picked up most pieces for the TC1 & TC4 room themes - before this past week I can't recall ever seeing TC stuff in the trading room.
I had one show up as gotten that completed a section that would have completed them all for the fifth but then it never showed up in binder; I added that to the glitch list as well, still ticked about it. There have been those who switched accounts and waited who still got the problems but they entered more than one at a time. The duplicate issue of the cards themselves {repeats from those in binder already} is a somewhat lesser issue; it shouldn't take 4-7 boxes to finish a binder it just shouldn't but they won't even think about that part of the problems {and you seemed to have really beat the odds on not getting basically what already in there}. I do seem to recall something about the odds being random BUT that some cards were weighed 'harder' than others in programming so was never quite sure what that meant because some seem impossible no matter what/how many and so on. I have seen the TC stuff in the trading rooms before, have had to ask for it as it is not something most mess with so most don't have it for trade but there's been some {most of what I have came from there, only very little from this site and whatever}. I'll have to g back in now that they've supposedly sorted out the duplicates issue with items in general {which I noticed never did show anyone had actually copied/duplicated anything, they were going after those who had bought items for real cash off other sites so makes you wonder about their estore and all that involved and why the supposed 'duplication' problem there}.
KeyLargo is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #82
Webkinz :)

JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!

The unfortunate thing is lets assume they have fixed the duplicate card problem. From a stats basis if each card is determined entirely randomly (and lets assume that all cards have equal odds) then Ganz is actually correct that you are looking at it taking many boxes of cards till you have a better than even chance of finishing the set of 80. Comes down to the fact that 'with replacement' the odds each time of getting the card you want is only 1/80.
JustDad is offline Male
Old 12-16-2009, 10:58 PM   #83
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

The unfortunate thing is lets assume they have fixed the duplicate card problem. From a stats basis if each card is determined entirely randomly (and lets assume that all cards have equal odds) then Ganz is actually correct that you are looking at it taking many boxes of cards till you have a better than even chance of finishing the set of 80. Comes down to the fact that 'with replacement' the odds each time of getting the card you want is only 1/80.
Well they have officially said before {more than once} that the 'odds' are not even that certain cards are meant to be harder to get, so my problem with it all is that they're not 'harder' they're impossible because even when I got one of the main ones {one of the ones that only have like 8 to a 'set'} it never showed up in binder, which they're refusing to admit, take care of, tech or anything else. They are totally, purposely ignoring all the other issues.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:31 PM   #84
Gift Guru

koto is just really nicekoto is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by KeyLargo
Well they have officially said before {more than once} that the 'odds' are not even that certain cards are meant to be harder to get, so my problem with it all is that they're not 'harder' they're impossible because even when I got one of the main ones {one of the ones that only have like 8 to a 'set'} it never showed up in binder, which they're refusing to admit, take care of, tech or anything else. They are totally, purposely ignoring all the other issues.

I just had this problem on Saturday. We had 3/4 completed on one of our accounts for both series 1 and 2 in addition to an account that was completed. I needed one doodlez and one of the bottom cards, forgot their name on series 2. I wrote down the# I had of each card from their respective section in each series. I got a doodlez card and recognized it was not in the binder. When we looked to see that it was unlocked it wasn't AND THE EXACT AMOUNT OF CARDS WAS STILL THERE AS PREVIOUSLY. I don't remember the exact amount but there was more or less one of each doodlez and a couple had duplicates in my binder. The numbers never changed and I did not see the card which we had just opened in the binder.

Now was somone saying that if you open one pack a day you wont get duplicates or did I read that wrong? We opened several boxes in the last couple weeks and I have traded a TON of TC stuff in the clubhouse in reference to the earlier post about seeing a lot in there.

The car was from completing the challenge cards I think.

Since restricting the card entering to one pack a day seems to be working at avoiding this problem (lets assume for now that it hasn't been fixed) I'll make sure the kids stay with that pattern.

BTW the cards they entered this morning were ok as well (one code each, with one card paying $853 and the other yielding the gaming table) - as for the VTC's no repeats again (but they did get one which was a duplicate of one they already had in their binders).

I am putting it down to luck right now considering that between them they have opened 10 packs over the past couple of weeks. If Ganz has been honest with stating that each VTC within a pack is completely random, then given 80 possible cards the odds of getting all cards unique in any given VTC pack would be 88%. Then the odds of getting 10 in a row with no packs with duplicates would be around 27%.

One other thing I have noticed over the past week - again it may be entirely coincidental - but there has been a ton of Trading Card Stuff showing up in the trading rooms.

Kids spend about 45 minutes on WebKinz a day and over the past week they have picked up most pieces for the TC1 & TC4 room themes - before this past week I can't recall ever seeing TC stuff in the trading room.
I have not tried entering just a pack a day as of yet but I did try entering only a few packs a day. I had one string that gave me five of the same card in one shot and then 2 of the 5 when I opened another pack.

In relation to the prizes. I have opened roughly 18 boxes of Trading Cards total between the four series over the last 3 years and the prizes have gotten much worse. I see very few of the good prizes and a lot of wshop junk or smallamouts of kinzcash, say under 200. There are some prizes I have only received one or even none of... Wwould you expect to get only 1 Dr. Quack bed for eaxample after opening around 5 boxes of cards? How about the bust, I never got on yet from a pack I opened. Plenty of posters which I am just about ready to sell to the wshop but then again, I don't need any kinzcash. I want prizes, decent prizes.

Last edited by koto; 12-16-2009 at 11:31 PM..
Old 12-17-2009, 09:46 AM   #85
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by koto
I just had this problem on Saturday. We had 3/4 completed on one of our accounts for both series 1 and 2 in addition to an account that was completed. I needed one doodlez and one of the bottom cards, forgot their name on series 2. I wrote down the# I had of each card from their respective section in each series. I got a doodlez card and recognized it was not in the binder. When we looked to see that it was unlocked it wasn't AND THE EXACT AMOUNT OF CARDS WAS STILL THERE AS PREVIOUSLY. I don't remember the exact amount but there was more or less one of each doodlez and a couple had duplicates in my binder. The numbers never changed and I did not see the card which we had just opened in the binder.

Now was somone saying that if you open one pack a day you wont get duplicates or did I read that wrong? We opened several boxes in the last couple weeks and I have traded a TON of TC stuff in the clubhouse in reference to the earlier post about seeing a lot in there.

I have not tried entering just a pack a day as of yet but I did try entering only a few packs a day. I had one string that gave me five of the same card in one shot and then 2 of the 5 when I opened another pack.

In relation to the prizes. I have opened roughly 18 boxes of Trading Cards total between the four series over the last 3 years and the prizes have gotten much worse. I see very few of the good prizes and a lot of wshop junk or smallamouts of kinzcash, say under 200. There are some prizes I have only received one or even none of... Wwould you expect to get only 1 Dr. Quack bed for eaxample after opening around 5 boxes of cards? How about the bust, I never got on yet from a pack I opened. Plenty of posters which I am just about ready to sell to the wshop but then again, I don't need any kinzcash. I want prizes, decent prizes.
After I noticed that cards weren't even being counted I counted all my cards up, per each series -- not even divisable by 5 {because of course 5 cards per pack} so that means I have quite a few that were never counted and they're not even taking that in to account as proof. One tech actually had a customer enter a whole BOX, takes shots, and send those pics in -- and then never got back with the person, so totally inexcusable all the way from start to 'finish'. The person that has been posting most recently said the kids had been opening only one pack per day and has not been getting duplicates from day to day but the prizes {overall} are still iffy. Don't know if they are keeping up with the cards that e showing gotten each time versus how many they are actually getting in their binder though. There was one person that called in about the amount of boxes per each binder {not counting series that don't have binders} with at around your amount of boxes {somewhat less I think} and were told by that tech at least that they should have had opened binder at that point with that many cards so were given {for one binder} the rest of the prizes {however many that was in their case} but were also told that they would not have the unlocked cards to match until the problem was fixed {if/when ever} and so on so still well eh. I definitely see the point about prizes {decent ones} and so on -- even if they were to give over the estore version of one of the beds what's the point, can't trade or send or anything like those even though your hard earned money bought all those cards.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:11 AM   #86
Gift Guru

koto is just really nicekoto is just really nice

It's been pretty disapointing and I said I would not buy any more cards a while back but they are just so cheap around here that it was tempting to try again. I can't believe the amount of junk that I have been getting for rizes from all of the series though. It makes you think that either my luck is real bad or maybe some of the WIGEV should be evaluated for some of the TC prizes.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:18 AM   #87
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by koto
It's been pretty disapointing and I said I would not buy any more cards a while back but they are just so cheap around here that it was tempting to try again. I can't believe the amount of junk that I have been getting for rizes from all of the series though. It makes you think that either my luck is real bad or maybe some of the WIGEV should be evaluated for some of the TC prizes.
I think the wigev was based on what the odds were {supposed to be} and/or how they were coming out in the beginning. Ever since they went and messed around with the coding for the TC1 and 2 beds to sell some through estore the coding on those cards have been all messed up -- and I still haven't come to any conclusion one way or another whether they messed them up on purpose or not.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:52 PM   #88
helensp
Gift Guru

Sweetpea&Fireball is just really niceSweetpea&Fireball is just really nice

Default Duplicate cards in 4 VTC packs

My son just opened 5 VTC packs and 4 had the exact same 5 cards in the same order. The first pack he opened was the only one different. What a dissappointment! he only lacks 3 at paw level cards. Is there anything i can do about this? Has anyone had this happen before?
Old 02-17-2010, 09:44 PM   #89
Gift Guru

PaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roost

Donation Award 
Default Re: Duplicate cards in 4 VTC packs

You're not alone. I have this happen frequently and it is very frustrating. I've even had 5 of the exact same cards in one pack. Unfortunately there isn't anything you can really do about it. It has however been logged in the Wiki Glitch report: Webkinz World Glitch Report - Webkinz Insider Wiki.

And KeyLargo did extensive research on it too - http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...etting-557181/

We're all in the same boat sadly. I have the most problems with the Series 1 cards. I finally did manage to collect all the cards in the Series 2 however.

Hope this at least consoles your son somewhat. He's not they only one disappointed.
PaperButterfly is offline Female
Old 02-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #90
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

Default Re: Duplicate cards in 4 VTC packs

View Post Originally Posted by PaperButterfly
You're not alone. I have this happen frequently and it is very frustrating. I've even had 5 of the exact same cards in one pack. Unfortunately there isn't anything you can really do about it. It has however been logged in the Wiki Glitch report: Webkinz World Glitch Report - Webkinz Insider Wiki.

And KeyLargo did extensive research on it too - http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...etting-557181/

We're all in the same boat sadly. I have the most problems with the Series 1 cards. I finally did manage to collect all the cards in the Series 2 however.

Hope this at least consoles your son somewhat. He's not they only one disappointed.
Thanks for remembering my thread, they closed it LOL but anything to lead someone to the junk happening -- also it wasn't reported until a month or two AFTER I first posted in the glitch section which was couple of weeks or more after I posted about it in the card thread. The only thing ww etc has done, to date about it {beyond nothing} is to introduce yet more items from the trading card theme to be BOUGHT {estore}. Calling and explaining or complaining gets nothing done. As soon as I get settled in from the cross country move {probably next week sometime] I plan on getting back to calling and bugging them.
Closed

Tags
tħɛ Σνυʟ Σʟɩʈε, vtc, vtc2