Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #71
Glad to be a
Gift Guru

Serena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insider
Serena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insider

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 
Default Re: *Virtual Trading Cards - Duplicate & Not Getting Counted Problems.

I don't keep statistics, but I can give you my observations. I don't know if they will help much, but at least it will be one more voice communicating problems. Here goes:
Since the summer of 2008, I have bought 26 boxes of trading cards. All have been opened except about a dozen packs of each series 1 thu 4. I open each box over time, usually about a pack or two of each series per week. I have begun to purchase each series as it has become available, and open the different series at equal rates. When I first started, I was getting a much better mix of prizes in all the series than I am now. Lately, for at least a couple of months (maybe more, I haven't kept exact track), I have noticed a huge downturn in the prizes which I have been awarded in ALL of the series. I have been getting mostly posters in series 3 and 4, once in a while some KC. I haven't had any clothes or furniture for at least 15 packs in each of those series.
1 & 2 haven't been any better lately... maybe one piece of game garden furniture in Series 2, mostly posters, KC, food, or Wshop items in both series. I have been opening the cards at a slower rate than normal lately, because they have been so disappointing, and I've even considered not buying any more trading cards... way too frustrating. Discovering this thread today has been a real eye opener.
I don't open any of the packs to get the virtual cards, so can't give you any observations on that. I trade all the unopened packs in the trading rooms. I didn't want to get hooked into another frustrating time trying to complete the virtual sets as happens in all of the Magical Forest activites (this is off topic, but I have needed only one star for at least SIX months to complete the Star Challenge - and I rarely miss a day playing it).
You have certainly done a thorough job here documenting specific problems. Congrats to you for all your hard work. I hope the info in this thread jogs Ganz into fixing the problem.
BTW, I'm just curious where folks get the best prices buying them by the box (in case the problem gets fixed and I end up buying more boxes).
Serena:ccat:
Serena is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #72
Webkinz :)

JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!

To put a brighter light on things - I use to work for a software developer and manned the 'Tech Support Hotline' on a couple of occassions.

The first thing management told us before we were allowed to answer a single call was that we were never to admit to their being a 'problem' unless it had already been solved... we were to imply that 'the software is working exactly as it should be.. it is just how you are using it."

Under no circumstances were we to disclose that we were aware of problems (even if we were) or that the developers were working on solutions until we had at least a beta solution we could release to them.

The logic was that until a solution was in hand any number of things could happen to delay or stop the release of an update and we were not to raise false hopes by saying anything. Management's thinking was it was better to have a customer think 'I'll just have to learn to live with the problem' than a customer constantly calling asking 'have you completed the fix yet'.

Considering the recent bug filled enhancements to WebKinz (e.g. Kinsville Park) and the other problems they've had (e.g. duplicating objects) it could be that their resources are simply spread too thin right now but that they are aware of the problem and will eventually get round resolving it.

Does anyone know how many people there are who are 'serious' card collectors? Are their simply too few people collecting the cards for Ganz to consider it a priority when compared to problems like they have been having with the park?

I have seen conflicting comments as to if this has always been a problem or if it is something new. The repeating cards seems to be something new. Have the odds of winning something worthwhile gone down recently or have they always ******? Older posts on the cards talk about completing the trading room theme with just one or two boxes but more recently people are talking about 6 or more boxes.
JustDad is offline Male
Old 12-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #73
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Serena
I don't keep statistics, but I can give you my observations. I don't know if they will help much, but at least it will be one more voice communicating problems. Here goes:
Since the summer of 2008, I have bought 26 boxes of trading cards. All have been opened except about a dozen packs of each series 1 thu 4. I open each box over time, usually about a pack or two of each series per week. I have begun to purchase each series as it has become available, and open the different series at equal rates. When I first started, I was getting a much better mix of prizes in all the series than I am now. Lately, for at least a couple of months (maybe more, I haven't kept exact track), I have noticed a huge downturn in the prizes which I have been awarded in ALL of the series. I have been getting mostly posters in series 3 and 4, once in a while some KC. I haven't had any clothes or furniture for at least 15 packs in each of those series.
1 & 2 haven't been any better lately... maybe one piece of game garden furniture in Series 2, mostly posters, KC, food, or Wshop items in both series. I have been opening the cards at a slower rate than normal lately, because they have been so disappointing, and I've even considered not buying any more trading cards... way too frustrating. Discovering this thread today has been a real eye opener.
I don't open any of the packs to get the virtual cards, so can't give you any observations on that. I trade all the unopened packs in the trading rooms. I didn't want to get hooked into another frustrating time trying to complete the virtual sets as happens in all of the Magical Forest activites (this is off topic, but I have needed only one star for at least SIX months to complete the Star Challenge - and I rarely miss a day playing it).
You have certainly done a thorough job here documenting specific problems. Congrats to you for all your hard work. I hope the info in this thread jogs Ganz into fixing the problem.
BTW, I'm just curious where folks get the best prices buying them by the box (in case the problem gets fixed and I end up buying more boxes).
Most find them at the partner store which for the cards is a bit higher for the item{s} even by the box than say ebay or other like sites but depends on the series {newness so price} and the shipping {where their partner store is 5 dollars per order I THINK so that could add in on the price differences}. When they went to offer the two beds, 1 from each series {1 and 2} they had to have reprogrammed a few things before that so it's highly likely at about the same time they really skewed up the 'odds' which were never 'great' to begin with. As for the star thing it's not really off topic actually; I have mentioned that and other like activities to show how the 'odds' weren't that great to begin with but have worsened along with those of the cards during/since the same time period. Thanks for the information.

View Post Originally Posted by JustDad
To put a brighter light on things - I use to work for a software developer and manned the 'Tech Support Hotline' on a couple of occassions.

The first thing management told us before we were allowed to answer a single call was that we were never to admit to their being a 'problem' unless it had already been solved... we were to imply that 'the software is working exactly as it should be.. it is just how you are using it."

Under no circumstances were we to disclose that we were aware of problems (even if we were) or that the developers were working on solutions until we had at least a beta solution we could release to them.

The logic was that until a solution was in hand any number of things could happen to delay or stop the release of an update and we were not to raise false hopes by saying anything. Management's thinking was it was better to have a customer think 'I'll just have to learn to live with the problem' than a customer constantly calling asking 'have you completed the fix yet'.

Considering the recent bug filled enhancements to WebKinz (e.g. Kinsville Park) and the other problems they've had (e.g. duplicating objects) it could be that their resources are simply spread too thin right now but that they are aware of the problem and will eventually get round resolving it.

Does anyone know how many people there are who are 'serious' card collectors? Are their simply too few people collecting the cards for Ganz to consider it a priority when compared to problems like they have been having with the park?

I have seen conflicting comments as to if this has always been a problem or if it is something new. The repeating cards seems to be something new. Have the odds of winning something worthwhile gone down recently or have they always ******? Older posts on the cards talk about completing the trading room theme with just one or two boxes but more recently people are talking about 6 or more boxes.
Getting around to it though seems to be to whatever they think they can fix the easiest regardless of how critical the other issues are, and with every single day just about bringing in more 'trivial' problems it's a never ending cycle of them ignoring problems they actually made such as the cards and odds and so on.

They told me that the techs passed on the statement that they did not consider this issue {these issues actually} a problem at all and had no intention of doing anything about it. The odds were never that great to begin with to get the better, real prizes but lately since about 2 or 3 months or so yes they have drastically began to get even worse. Way back whenever it was possible for some accounts to complete the binders relatively easy, as it should be because a kids' site mixed with how much the packs cost {around 3 bucks a whack by single pack purchase} is a LOT of real money to complete {or try to complete} something that is additional like that. People are simply, more and more, getting less and less for their real money. To add insult to injury by making the so called odds even worse, giving junkier and more of the junkier 'prizes', and making it actually impossible to complete the binders at all is just lowball and low class -- plus there are some of us that have gotten a needed card only to not have it show up in the binder anyway! They just don't care. It hasn't hit their bottom line {money/wallet} yet but hopefully it will. I am really beginning to wonder if already being an unpaid beta tester every time the site brings out something 'new' or fails to fix an ongoing problem {some have been going on for 5 decades, since they started!} is even worth it some days when it's topped off by getting false hope that something like a 'glitch' report is going to make much difference.

Last edited by KeyLargo; 12-02-2009 at 05:14 PM..
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 12-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #74
-elies007
Gift Guru

webkinzmom007 is cool as a bunny clownwebkinzmom007 is cool as a bunny clownwebkinzmom007 is cool as a bunny clownwebkinzmom007 is cool as a bunny clownwebkinzmom007 is cool as a bunny clownwebkinzmom007 is cool as a bunny clownwebkinzmom007 is cool as a bunny clownwebkinzmom007 is cool as a bunny clown

They Will sooner or later fix stuff a little bit better cause if it start getting were kids lose interest in WW because of the issues and the then parents will lose interest ,and for the real collector out there will get sick of wasting money on junky prizes they get from card and stuff,I kinda that ganz is gone in over their heads ,they try to add to much to fast lately.they need to work on making what they had better by simply just fixing it.
webkinzmom007 is offline Female
Old 12-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #75
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzmom007
They Will sooner or later fix stuff a little bit better cause if it start getting were kids lose interest in WW because of the issues and the then parents will lose interest ,and for the real collector out there will get sick of wasting money on junky prizes they get from card and stuff,I kinda that ganz is gone in over their heads ,they try to add to much to fast lately.they need to work on making what they had better by simply just fixing it.
I doubt it, I really do; it's been this long already on the wiki glitch report and they have had dozens of calls plus the report and all that information plus pictures and even the demanded opening of another full box with 'proof' from that {at the member's expense} and still are saying it's not an issue, they aren't looking in to it, they don't intend to look in to it, and all the while they have started selling the main items in the 2 series {the beds from 1 and 2} through the estore. They obviously made the odds even worse, intentionally, to get more money even though the cards are already way overpriced and the odds terrible.

They do need to fix things, from the bottom up, instead of pushing out new things that force members who have already paid for access to the site in different ways and amounts to be beta testers.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:51 PM   #76
Glad to be a
Gift Guru

Serena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insider
Serena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insider

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by KeyLargo
I doubt it, I really do; it's been this long already on the wiki glitch report and they have had dozens of calls plus the report and all that information plus pictures and even the demanded opening of another full box with 'proof' from that {at the member's expense} and still are saying it's not an issue, they aren't looking in to it, they don't intend to look in to it, and all the while they have started selling the main items in the 2 series {the beds from 1 and 2} through the estore. They obviously made the odds even worse, intentionally, to get more money even though the cards are already way overpriced and the odds terrible.

They do need to fix things, from the bottom up, instead of pushing out new things that force members who have already paid for access to the site in different ways and amounts to be beta testers.

I read in an earlier post on on his thread that Justin was working on a report of the trading card problem to send to Ganz.
Justin seems to have developed a good relationship with Ganz executives, so perhaps that is our best hope. Justin, if you see this, can you tell us if the report has been sent, and if so, where things stand?
As a customer who has spend a LOT of money on Wekinz items the past year and a half, I do agree that the priority of Ganz should be to fix what is here instead of introducing new features and pets at an ever increasing rate. It has become mind boggling and in some ways discouraging. My spending has slowed way down of late because of all the glitches. This trading card issue is only one of many.

Serena is offline Female
Old 12-08-2009, 02:05 AM   #77
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Serena
I read in an earlier post on on his thread that Justin was working on a report of the trading card problem to send to Ganz. Justin seems to have developed a good relationship with Ganz executives, so perhaps that is our best hope. Justin, if you see this, can you tell us if the report has been sent, and if so, where things stand?
As a customer who has spend a LOT of money on Wekinz items the past year and a half, I do agree that the priority of Ganz should be to fix what is here instead of introducing new features and pets at an ever increasing rate. It has become mind boggling and in some ways discouraging. My spending has slowed way down of late because of all the glitches. This trading card issue is only one of many.

That was way back when he meant a summary for the main wiki glitch report on here; took him or whoever weeks and weeks then I put in the first paragraph what it said {and what else it should have said} and after all the time since then until now they've done nothing except tell people who do call in that it's not a problem, they aren't working on it, or in some very rare cases give them the prizes left to open but not open up/show the cards in the binder plus none of that does anything for the ongoing problems especially to get the word out that there are so many problems with spending money on the cards only to get junk or nothing.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:48 PM   #78

JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!

Kids got an early Christmas present from Grandparents (since they were taking off to Florida for a few weeks) - box of trading cards each (series 1).

The past three days each day they have opened and entered the codes from one pack of cards each day (a total of 6 packs). They have won a total of 4531KC, a piece from the Egyptian theme, three pieces of Trading Card furniture, the car, a poster and the shoes.

Also, when they opened their online trading cards every card was unique.

I know statistically 6 packs is not a lot to go by, but either things have improved or the kids have been having a really lucky streak.

Has anyone else been having better luck recently?
JustDad is offline Male
Old 12-16-2009, 01:17 AM   #79
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by JustDad
Kids got an early Christmas present from Grandparents (since they were taking off to Florida for a few weeks) - box of trading cards each (series 1).

The past three days each day they have opened and entered the codes from one pack of cards each day (a total of 6 packs). They have won a total of 4531KC, a piece from the Egyptian theme, three pieces of Trading Card furniture, the car, a poster and the shoes.

Also, when they opened their online trading cards every card was unique.

I know statistically 6 packs is not a lot to go by, but either things have improved or the kids have been having a really lucky streak.

Has anyone else been having better luck recently?
Only here and there get any new info these days because so many have quite putting cards in and all, and then when we do it's usually only the 'bad' news and all but sometimes the opposite. In the kids' case they weren't opening them close together and all so that has sometimes made a difference on what you get but for those with more to enter {and who do them relatively all together} they repeat and lowball. What was the car, as in they finished a section and got to open the prize? Feel free to update anything else that you learn, thanks for what you have put down, and I'll try to get some more codes {virtual} to see if I get the same previous results.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:47 PM   #80

The car was from completing the challenge cards I think.

Since restricting the card entering to one pack a day seems to be working at avoiding this problem (lets assume for now that it hasn't been fixed) I'll make sure the kids stay with that pattern.

BTW the cards they entered this morning were ok as well (one code each, with one card paying $853 and the other yielding the gaming table) - as for the VTC's no repeats again (but they did get one which was a duplicate of one they already had in their binders).

I am putting it down to luck right now considering that between them they have opened 10 packs over the past couple of weeks. If Ganz has been honest with stating that each VTC within a pack is completely random, then given 80 possible cards the odds of getting all cards unique in any given VTC pack would be 88%. Then the odds of getting 10 in a row with no packs with duplicates would be around 27%.

One other thing I have noticed over the past week - again it may be entirely coincidental - but there has been a ton of Trading Card Stuff showing up in the trading rooms.

Kids spend about 45 minutes on WebKinz a day and over the past week they have picked up most pieces for the TC1 & TC4 room themes - before this past week I can't recall ever seeing TC stuff in the trading room.

Last edited by JustDad; 12-16-2009 at 02:47 PM..
JustDad is offline Male
Closed

Tags
tħɛ Σνυʟ Σʟɩʈε, vtc, vtc2