Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 01:11 PM   #61
Webkinz :)

chiclet is a splendid one to beholdchiclet is a splendid one to beholdchiclet is a splendid one to beholdchiclet is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: *Virtual Trading Cards - Duplicate & Not Getting Counted Problems.

I had three packs of series one and two of series two. One deck had four codes. Of the five packs entered, I had one duplication. I got a thoughtful think tank, a complete outfit, backgammon galore chair, one of the gaming beds, 270 in kinxcash, mizzleberry jacks, a game wallpaper and one more item. I don't remember what.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2009, 01:20 PM   #62
ell, Hello

NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell
NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell

I picked up 8 packs of cards this weekend, 6 series one and 2 series two. All packs only had one code in each pack. One pack had a used code, but the virtual cards worked fine. Customer service said I entered the code myself, but I didn't and got nothing for my $2.99! It was a series one pack.

BTW: 2 of the packs were duplicates!!

Last edited by NR1991; 11-30-2009 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: add comment
NR1991 is offline Female
Old 11-30-2009, 11:27 PM   #63
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by chiclet
I had three packs of series one and two of series two. One deck had four codes. Of the five packs entered, I had one duplication. I got a thoughtful think tank, a complete outfit, backgammon galore chair, one of the gaming beds, 270 in kinxcash, mizzleberry jacks, a game wallpaper and one more item. I don't remember what.
an outfit of mismatched clothing from wshop or? I know I ask a lot of questions LOL On the other hand go you on getting the bed but the kc is considered lowball and the recipe food eh -- and you had one pack duplicate, hmmm, now I am wondering how close you entered the codes because sometimes waiting does the 'trick' at least for a couple or so codes being put in then again sometimes it just puts up a different set of 5 to repeat and one member even switched accounts but still got them duplicating exactly same as before and that was after an hour or two break from entering as well, just so all messed up

View Post Originally Posted by NR1991
I picked up 8 packs of cards this weekend, 6 series one and 2 series two. All packs only had one code in each pack. One pack had a used code, but the virtual cards worked fine. Customer service said I entered the code myself, but I didn't and got nothing for my $2.99! It was a series one pack.

BTW: 2 of the packs were duplicates!!
some have been having problems since arou the time of the stepmother dress codes being messed up -- what was duplicated, the real physical cards? they say they're random, that some are meant to be harder to find {although those buying boxes and boxes many still have never completed a real set or a virtual one in many cases} so either way it is way junk

Last edited by KeyLargo; 11-30-2009 at 11:27 PM..
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 11-30-2009, 11:36 PM   #64
Gift Guru

koto is just really nicekoto is just really nice

I entered 40 packs of series 2 VTC this weekend. I needed I believe it was 7 cards to unlock the grand prize. All were from the bottom two categories. After 40 packs I unlocked 4 cards only that I needed! Very disapointing...

And with the regular codes I had a string of 7 posters in a row, of two different varieties and ended up with almsot all posters in regards to TC stuff. The majority of prizes given was kinzcash which I don't need or want from a code and also w shop stuff which is even worse.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:41 PM   #65
Live,Love,Laugh

gamesareks is an unparalleled talent
gamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talent

Well I entered 10 packs of Series 1 trading cards today and I had no problems with prizes or duplicate codes. I got an experiment station #3 and a Mediveal Sofa with cash, clothes and other prizes. All the codes of virtual cards I entered on my sons account (he only needs one more curio shop one) because I have the whole set and I only need one more for Series 2 to complete that collection. But I had no troubles with the codes today. I am sorry that others are having troubles and I think it stinks that Ganz will not to anything about it.
gamesareks is offline Female
Old 12-01-2009, 04:04 PM   #66

JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!

Could part of the problem be entering too many cards at once? Noticed one person say that even when entered on a different account they still got duplicates, but didn't notice if anyone had found how entering the codes spaced several hours apart or even days apart had any effect.

Son just got three packs a couple of weeks back, two he entered immediately and got duplicates (not within a pack, but the 5 unlocked were the same for both sets) - the first he got a piece of Egyptian, some cash, and a recipe (3 codes) but the second set (2 codes) only gave basically nothing (a little KC and a hair bow).

The third pack he didn't get round to entering the codes for till Monday (he was told he was not allowed to open till after he had his homework caught up). The cards unlocked were all different from the first set & again an ok prize - the gaming sofa (1 code).

I know it isn't a large enough set of cards to go by but thinking about how other things which should be 'random' like the Wheel of Wow definitely seem to have good days and bad days (three kids all seem to get gunk one day then on another they all get the better prizes - and on the better day if they use their 'extra spin coupons' they again get the better prizes).

Is the programming written so a specific set of cards / rewards given out at a given time of day? Were the duplicates caused by a programming messing up the table of what cards / prizes are matched to a given time?

In other words at 2:15 whoever enters a code gets a rare and a certain set of cards?

Or perhaps once you get a 'better prize' on a given day to that is it for the day and the rest of the cards have a lower chance of getting anything worth while? This would sure be a way to lower the odds for those able to buy lots of cards (i.e. spend real cash which if of course what Ganz wants) while keeping those with less cash still interested - keeping both groups hooked on buying cards.

It should be easy to tell if as one support person told me 'the prizes unlocked by each card is hard programmed based upon the code on your card' or if each code simply unlocks a random prize by the fact that if hard coded no one should be winning any 'new clothing items' or 'new recipes' with series 1 cards introduced over the past couple of years since series 1 cards were printed. Plus, series 1 cards should be unlocking wShop items which have been retired over the past year. Has anyone had a 'retired' item unlocked when entering codes?
JustDad is offline Male
Old 12-02-2009, 02:22 AM   #67
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by koto
I entered 40 packs of series 2 VTC this weekend. I needed I believe it was 7 cards to unlock the grand prize. All were from the bottom two categories. After 40 packs I unlocked 4 cards only that I needed! Very disapointing...

And with the regular codes I had a string of 7 posters in a row, of two different varieties and ended up with almsot all posters in regards to TC stuff. The majority of prizes given was kinzcash which I don't need or want from a code and also w shop stuff which is even worse.
40 packs with {supposedly} 5 different cards in each pack make you looking for 7 cards out of 200 really bad odds dang. Not surprised to hear about the junk prizes, either. I have said almost exact same thing about the kc and coupons and posters and wshop junk from codes.

View Post Originally Posted by gamesareks
Well I entered 10 packs of Series 1 trading cards today and I had no problems with prizes or duplicate codes. I got an experiment station #3 and a Mediveal Sofa with cash, clothes and other prizes. All the codes of virtual cards I entered on my sons account (he only needs one more curio shop one) because I have the whole set and I only need one more for Series 2 to complete that collection. But I had no troubles with the codes today. I am sorry that others are having troubles and I think it stinks that Ganz will not to anything about it.
duplicate codes or cards?

View Post Originally Posted by JustDad
Could part of the problem be entering too many cards at once? Noticed one person say that even when entered on a different account they still got duplicates, but didn't notice if anyone had found how entering the codes spaced several hours apart or even days apart had any effect.

Son just got three packs a couple of weeks back, two he entered immediately and got duplicates (not within a pack, but the 5 unlocked were the same for both sets) - the first he got a piece of Egyptian, some cash, and a recipe (3 codes) but the second set (2 codes) only gave basically nothing (a little KC and a hair bow).

The third pack he didn't get round to entering the codes for till Monday (he was told he was not allowed to open till after he had his homework caught up). The cards unlocked were all different from the first set & again an ok prize - the gaming sofa (1 code).

I know it isn't a large enough set of cards to go by but thinking about how other things which should be 'random' like the Wheel of Wow definitely seem to have good days and bad days (three kids all seem to get gunk one day then on another they all get the better prizes - and on the better day if they use their 'extra spin coupons' they again get the better prizes).

Is the programming written so a specific set of cards / rewards given out at a given time of day? Were the duplicates caused by a programming messing up the table of what cards / prizes are matched to a given time?

In other words at 2:15 whoever enters a code gets a rare and a certain set of cards?

Or perhaps once you get a 'better prize' on a given day to that is it for the day and the rest of the cards have a lower chance of getting anything worth while? This would sure be a way to lower the odds for those able to buy lots of cards (i.e. spend real cash which if of course what Ganz wants) while keeping those with less cash still interested - keeping both groups hooked on buying cards.

It should be easy to tell if as one support person told me 'the prizes unlocked by each card is hard programmed based upon the code on your card' or if each code simply unlocks a random prize by the fact that if hard coded no one should be winning any 'new clothing items' or 'new recipes' with series 1 cards introduced over the past couple of years since series 1 cards were printed. Plus, series 1 cards should be unlocking wShop items which have been retired over the past year. Has anyone had a 'retired' item unlocked when entering codes?

It should be back in this thread somewhere or oops maybe it was originally on the trading card deja vu thread in that forum {link in main post} but I think I even quoted or talked about it in the main post when I updated it a while back -- hmmm mayapal or something like that is member name on here, they put in bunch with large gaps in time to see just that and it immediately started repeating/doing same thing.

In the case of your son's packs I would feel really safe betting had he had 4 packs total so that he could have opened up another one with the 3rd pack you'd seen that it was repeating there -- the repeats aren't always exactly the same {again mayapal opened llike 2 or 3 boxes' worth in various ways and gave me all the information plus others of course}.

I was told at one point that the codes are preset when they are made so that whatever that code is a certain prize or whatever is already selected for it. However they offered in the estore both the main prizes for TC1 and 2 being the bed in each {the biggest series theme prize} so they have had to go in and mess with the coding which is around when all this junk started happening. They either messed up the other coding, changed the 'odds' {which were already pretty junky before that} or both. I have read through the trading card forum threads where people have tried variations using x amount of packs to run tests by opening them up at different times, before/during/after special events and so on but there is just nothing showing that the codes aren't preset.

I do see the specifics you are asking -- the part{s} about "if hard coded no one should be winning any 'new clothing items' or 'new recipes' with series 1 cards introduced over the past couple of years since series 1 cards were printed". That is a most excellent technical point. Then again I wonder if there could be sub-programming that says recipes and doesn't overspecify but it just pulls from recent items in whatever group is 'picked' because I know that there are those who have won newer {newer than the series, the cards being long ago printed out way before the item/items came out in to ww}. As for retired items someone did once get something that was retired, but I can't think what at this moment. You've reminded me to think on these points some more, thanks.

Last edited by KeyLargo; 12-02-2009 at 02:22 AM..
Old 12-02-2009, 07:51 AM   #68
Gifted

BloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roost

Very very very weird.
BloogleJ is offline Female
Old 12-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #69
hy yes, I am VERY
Gifted

sarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wonder

OMG this has happened to me! We should keep on bugging GANZ about it until they finally fix it!
sarastuff999 is offline Female
Old 12-02-2009, 12:18 PM   #70
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by BloogleJ
Very very very weird.
and time consuming too LOL {costing a lot of people a lot of money, too}

View Post Originally Posted by sarastuff999
OMG this has happened to me! We should keep on bugging GANZ about it until they finally fix it!
I have been and so have some others but they aren't even acknowledging that it's a problem, not even one of their infamous 'glitches' -- says they see no reason to work on it
Closed

Tags
tħɛ Σνυʟ Σʟɩʈε, vtc, vtc2