Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 07:38 AM   #11
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

Default Re: Virtual Trading Card Constant Exact Repeat

View Post Originally Posted by KeyLargo
Sure was, that is really weird. Off to update with new pictures; friend sent me a pack of VTC1 and I traded for couple more packs {was able to get 1 of 1 & 1 of series 2} and seems to not be duplicating but that doesn't mean they didn't mess me out of 30 other packs or that it won't come back.

I have gotten 2 VTC1 {and submitted screen shots} and 1 VTC2; they do not seem to be repeats from previous, and the VTC1 at least did not repeat itself {didn't have 2 packs of VTC2 just the 1 but it didn't match the previous repeats either one}. Even if they have fixed the glitch and/or it has righted itself, will they do anything about the 30 packs I put in that did duplicate? That's almost a whole BOX, being that each box is 36. Personally I think they should just open mine, only 1 card on VTC2 for me and only 1/1/0/3 on VTC1. Once I get them I won't input any more anyway. I am beginning to think it's because they have added other series and it's making the programming for earlier versions 'wonky' although not sure how since 3 & 4 don't have virtual binders, so hmmm will have to think on it some more. There is definitely something wrong with their 'randomizer', regardless.
The total after the ones I had and the ones I managed to find to finish {for now} teching this problem is basically a box's worth -- so, Ganz, are you going to open up the couple or so remaining cards since neither of us have any way of knowing the cards I SHOULD have gotten, how long this has been going on, and no telling what all else is and has been messed up with the programming?
KeyLargo is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2009, 11:15 AM   #12
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

Default Re: Virtual Trading Card Constant Exact Repeat {Last Update 09/23/09}

Okay, so problem NOT fixed and NOT over: Here is a complete direct quote from the Trading Card Deja Vu thread I originally posted on about this all, and what they had to say about TODAY {and my response}:

View Post Originally Posted by mayapal
I just entered 4 packs of series one virtual cards and all 4 came up with the exact same 4 cards and 3 out of 4 series 2 came up identical. UGH!
I am assuming you meant all 4 packs of 5 cards, if you meant 4 then there is a really serious problem but easy with all those numbers to typo or whatever. To the matter at hand, the problem, that is not good; I ran 2 S1 VTC packs after I wrote this {and after I put it in glitch reports section, after running through a BOX of packs} and did not get the same BUT that was after an entire box of the same, nor did the single pack of S2 VTC come up the same {probably duplicated within the same 5 but unfortunately that is nothing new, sheesh}. I will copy this over to the glitch thread itself with you wi name and all, and feel free to post here or there about what type of account you have and all {regular or deluxe, american or asian or euro, and if you know about what time you input them}. Thanks for reporting in!

Okay, more info from first thread to update this thread with:

View Post Originally Posted by mjsiowa
Thank you so much! I noticed the same thing when entering TCG Codes over the past week, more often than not I received exactly the same cards in the Virtual area every time I dropped the pack in my pets room!

Then I began to drop or open only 1 pack at a time for each long in, had a little more success but I am afraid to actually put more in now only to get the same cards over and over.

I so want to finish the series it is going to drive me nuts. I also have a box of Series 3 and 4 that I am going to hold off on for awhile.

On a bright note, one of the TCG boxes came with 2 free pets, 1 panda and 1 golden retriever. Lucky that time! The others had a frog and another panda. Not sure what the Series 3 and 4 are yet, too many glitches for me lately.

Good luck all!

View Post Originally Posted by Butterflies
I have just about given up attempting to complete Series 1 and Series 2 Virtual Card Collections.. I have needed just a card or two in a couple of sections of both for a very long time... no matter how many card packs I buy, I do not get a needed card.. now I understand the possible reason.

I never really looked at the virtual card packs that closely when I opened them.. but it makes sense that I am may be getting duplicates.

Thank you for this thread.. I will now watch more closely when I enter VTCs .... if I decide to put out more cash for these two series, that is!

Last edited by KeyLargo; 09-27-2009 at 11:15 AM..
Old 09-28-2009, 11:10 PM   #13
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

Default Re: Virtual Trading Card Constant Exact Repeat

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Thanks for researching this so thoroughly.. I'm trying to write the glitch report summary and am having a tough time... I'll get it in there very soon.
Here is a summary I made and put at the top of the post; maybe this will help.

Summary:

All Accounts {American, European, Asian} of All Types {Deluxe, Regular} during all times on all Operating Systems {Several Windows as well as several Mac/Apple versions} in over a dozen different Browsers . VTC {Virtual Trading Cards} & TC {Trading Card} codes when input {virtual packs opened in rooms} duplicate in up to five {5} ways --

1} 2, 3, 4 and even 5 of the same exact card and/or
2} same exact 5 cards totalling a 'pack' are the same exact 5 cards each time pack opened
3} same exact 10 cards {5 then 5 of another set} are the same exact 5 cards each time pack opened
4} same exact prize given over and over each time TC code is entered
5} not correctly putting in card shown as having gotten and/or not counting it at all {causing total tally to not match divisability by 5 since 5 cards to a pack}

Technical Solution:

1} Fix the random-izer, since it SUPPOSEDLY was programmed to randomly give out the card type and/or prize. This program has been faulty and downright bad from the beginning as shown by lack of rotation of rares, cards in VTC, and prizes from TC
2} Compensate those who have reported in with the problem by opening their remaining cards as well as giving them codes to replace the ones lost during all this.

{My Personal Tech} Technical Solution:

1} Tell everyone about the problemS, in sordid detail, so that they will stop entering codes of any and all sorts as well as hold off, perhaps permanently, buying any trading cards or other items that have to have codes input.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:18 PM   #14
Super Collector
Gift Guru

jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy
jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy

Donation Level 2 
Default Re: Codes for Virtual Trading Card, Trading Card Prize, Etc -- Constant Exact Repeat, Incorrectly Counted/Not Counted {Last Update 09/29/09} STILL DOING IT GETTING WORSE

i opened one pack and got 5 cards, opened 2nd pack got 5 different cards, opened 3rd pack it repeated 1st pack, opened 4th pack it repeated 2nd pack. then i quit!!!!
jagular is offline Female
Old 09-29-2009, 12:38 AM   #15
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

Default Re: Codes for Virtual Trading Card, Trading Card Prize, Etc -- Constant Exact Repeat, Incorrectly Counted/Not Counted {Last Update 09/29/09} STILL DOING IT GETTING WORSE

View Post Originally Posted by jagular
i opened one pack and got 5 cards, opened 2nd pack got 5 different cards, opened 3rd pack it repeated 1st pack, opened 4th pack it repeated 2nd pack. then i quit!!!!
Let me guess -- Series 2, right?

With me, Series 1, I got the same 5 over and over -- BUT -- Series 2 I got the same 5 then a different 5 then repeat of first 5 then repeat of second 5, just like you're talking about! It didn't change anything to change browsers, operating systems, computers or even accounts, it's all messed up.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #16
Webkinz :)

mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!

WI Subscriber

Again today. I tried both series 1 and Series 2. I am on American Deluxe accounts, use both Explore and Firefox. I have used different accounts and come up with the SAME 5 virtual cards in both accounts. Tried twice on the same account as well, the same 5 VC in the same order!

I have now called twice.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #17
PEEP!
Gift Guru

adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence
adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence

wait.. So prize you get with the card is messed up to. So say I could get 10 pairs of wizard shoes if I enter 10 codes?
adrkmfdm is offline Female
Old 09-29-2009, 11:02 PM   #18
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by mayapal
Again today. I tried both series 1 and Series 2. I am on American Deluxe accounts, use both Explore and Firefox. I have used different accounts and come up with the SAME 5 virtual cards in both accounts. Tried twice on the same account as well, the same 5 VC in the same order!

I have now called twice.
I am so putting this in the original post, as a quote! Thanks!! {I personally ran through an entire box teching it, by the time I got one as a freebie from someone helping me tech and 2 from trading so I could run more recent tests so I am so out of cards, and patience.}

View Post Originally Posted by adrkmfdm
wait.. So prize you get with the card is messed up to. So say I could get 10 pairs of wizard shoes if I enter 10 codes?
Well yes and no; I would think, from the examples given to me {all I've done myself is VTC not the prize codes} is like 10 chair of clubs {they got 3 from 3 codes} or repeated lowball kc {they got several 15 kc or something like that}, and really would you want to risk getting 10 posters because that's pretty much a risk as it is.

Last edited by KeyLargo; 09-29-2009 at 11:02 PM..
Old 10-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #19
AGAG1234
Gift Guru

kinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all around

Angry Every VTC2 Pack is the same!

I recently bought a box of TC2 cards. EVERY virtual pack I open has the EXACT SAME cards!!!!! Ganz needs to be told about this! I spent a lot of money!
Old 10-02-2009, 02:14 AM   #20
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

Default Re: Every VTC2 Pack is the same!

I went through a box {plus} on teching this issue. I will give you the link to my post for this section done on Sep 21st {updated often since then but that's original posting date}; quite a few people have had this problem, with series 1 & 2 plus the TC codes. There is a spot in the very beginning where I went back and did a summary for Justin because he posted that he was having trouble making summary for the main wiki issue page. Don't know what the delay is but it still has not been added there even though other items such as the key issue {reported on 30th} have been. I wish they'd had my post up where you could have seen it before entering cards. I have put in the thread there that I expect them to finish opening up my cards plus replace all the cards that I had to use to do the teching plus those of anyone else who responded in about the issueS. The other related issues are things like the cards not adding up correctly, as in not divisable by 5 which makes no sense unless cards are not activating {which 'explains' why 7 boxes of cards have not opened up all sections yet some have 100 per section just to open up say half that many in section}. I also referenced the estore gamers bed which means they have been messing with the codes, so once again they broke something that didn't even need fixing, well beyond their so called 'random'-izer not working right because if it was totally random there wouldn't be a need to buy something like 7 boxes to complete {well almost complete} a binder! {You didn't happen to get list or screen shot of the exact cards did you? Just curious if same cards I had or just same repeats to you but still repeating, what zone and deluxe/standard and all, although it has been happening across all that so no real difference there} In my case the series 2 repeated 5, repeated a different 5, rotating back and forth on series 2 but same 5 over and over on series 1 but still repeats as well as mine and others showing a card that was never credited to the binder {and one was a sketch that was needed so you know 'ticked' right?}

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...g-card-557181/

I added the link to this on my thread as well, hope you don't mind; I have no idea when they are going to actually get around to putting a summary on the main wiki page before even more people waste their cards and time and patience and all. I tried to pm Justin to remind him and to point out I did summary even, but his mail is off. Don't know what else to do, and not even sure that they have notified ww of the problem but in the meantime more and more are wasting cards even if 'only' a pack or two at a time. Sorry it happened to you as well.

Last edited by KeyLargo; 10-02-2009 at 02:14 AM..
Closed

Tags
tħɛ Σνυʟ Σʟɩʈε, vtc, vtc2