Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Glitch Reports

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 08:44 AM   #261
Luv Wacky POI
Webkinz :)

kuhl123 knows no boundskuhl123 knows no bounds
kuhl123 knows no boundskuhl123 knows no boundskuhl123 knows no boundskuhl123 knows no boundskuhl123 knows no boundskuhl123 knows no bounds

Default Re: Fairy Falls Freeze and have to log out

originally posted from KLDKINZMOM:
The attitude of Ganz really makes me mad. Parents I know with young kids cannot afford to buy top of the line computers and be continuously adding memory, etc... so their kids can play on online game. I do have a computer that is fairly new and I do all the updates for all the programs on it.

I think your absolutely right. we have to mac computers with absolutely the same setting and up to date with all software updates and features, using firefox on both systems. Only mine is messed up, so it's NOT a computer or browser issue.

kuhl123 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2009, 08:48 AM   #262

Hannie2468 is a splendid one to beholdHannie2468 is a splendid one to beholdHannie2468 is a splendid one to beholdHannie2468 is a splendid one to behold

To try to get around it, I clear my cashe right before I open the path & close everything else. I have found that the last path works the best, but not all the time. LOL
Old 12-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #263
Gift Guru

Mynoey is sweet stuff
Mynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by phoenixsprite

I tried the fairy falls on one account today, on firefox, then, hours later, after clearing the cache and updating Adobe flash, shockwave, etc. and changing browsers, using Internet Explorer instead of firefox, (at the recommendation of Ganz) I was able to do the fairy falls without any problems, for the first time in a while.

To use the Webkinz website with all the great new additions, which are really neat, (and thank you to Ganz for them, Kinzville Park for example) your computer needs to be continually kept up to date, with programs and memory upgrades (also per Ganz).

Until the tech department is able to "fix" this problem and other glitches that can pop up, it might be worth trying these things. It might help the website to run more smoothly and quickly when you use it as well.
Phoenixsprite, you say this allowed you to do FF without problems for the first time in a while. My question....is it allowing you to do it consistently? Does it work every time?

As to these things Ganz says users need to do...some are valid. The add ons that make it possible to run Flash games do need to be updated as needed. Just keep your fingers crossed that Ganz watches for and fixes any compatibility issues with any of those updates. As to updating memory...well...there are some older computers that may need that. But, on the whole, a game should be capable of being played on the vast majority of computers. Might not run as fast on some, but it should run. Making sure that's possible is the responsibility of the company running it.

As to the whole "it's not us...it's always your computer" thing...the only thing they've missed using that line for is a motto embroidered on Kinz Clothes. Nonsense.

I share KLDKinzMom's opinion. WW is the most poorly run website I've ever experenced. And that includes some free games created and maintained by high school and/or college students.

As much as I hate having to freeze my webbie shopping because of the behavior of the company running this site, there is one thing about which I'm relieved. I didn't want to disappoint my granddaughters if they wanted webbies for Christmas. Thankfully, they don't. On their last webbie shopping trip, they decided they didn't want webbies. They chose plushies for another site. Why? Because the other site is more fun. It WORKS. Out of the mouths of babes....
Mynoey is offline Female
Old 12-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #264
stagegrandma is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm having trouble with Fairy Falls too, but not every time. For example, last night it worked, but not this morning. It's such a pain having to log back in so often.
stagegrandma is offline Female
Old 12-10-2009, 11:43 PM   #265
Gifted

Clibab has much to be proud ofClibab has much to be proud ofClibab has much to be proud ofClibab has much to be proud ofClibab has much to be proud of

My FF has this glitch, but only the first time we use it in the day. If I log with my first account I can't see any fairies but I can hear them, the second time we access FF, with another account it worked fine. So we figured and stopped clearing our cache (firefox used to do it every time we closed the application).
Since we stopped clearing our cache we can log in OK. I don't know if this is of any help for Ganz.

As for the other comments. I agree that the whole "it is not us, it is your computer" policy is ridiculous. And as much as I like to see new things in WW. I would like to see them fix this major issues. I think they should stop adding new activities and dedicate some of the time to make sure everything runs smoothly before they add more glitches.

Also, some training on how to treat a costumer it is way overdue for their costumer service representatives. I think they haven't hear that the costumer is always right and should come first, because they are the ones who spend money on your product. You would think that this is common sense, but apparently not.
Clibab is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 12:16 AM   #266

honeybunny0517 is just really nicehoneybunny0517 is just really nice

I hope they fix it,too

-------------------------------------------------------
:gr:Golden Retriever!
honeybunny0517 is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 03:28 AM   #267
phoenixRecords!

phoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicness
phoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by KLDKinzMom
The attitude of Ganz really makes me mad. Parents I know with young kids cannot afford to buy top of the line computers and be continuously adding memory, etc... so their kids can play on online game. I do have a computer that is fairly new and I do all the updates for all the programs on it. Lots of things in WW are messed up. They work perfectly fine one day then they update and then there are glitches. Sometimes they are fixed by Ganz, but as you can see from the long list in the wikipedia section, many are not being fixed. Statements like these from the customer service reps are just the run around they want to give us because they don't know what they did to mess up various parts of WW. They keep piling on more and more shoddy code for new things without fixing problems of the past. Wonder what they will mess up when they add these three new games they advertised? WW is the most poorly run website we have ever experienced. I think WW is very unstable and wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing crashed and ended up being down for months with all that they keep adding to it. We have cut our spending on Webkinz product because I do not have any faith in their programming abilities or their intent to keep this website going for extended years. It's a shame because it's a wonderful concept, but they just can't execute what they promise.
Hi KLDKinxMom and everyone! I understand everyone's points, and what you're saying about continuously adding memory, etc. and your other points as well. That costs money and the whole glitch thing involves a lot of extra time to accomplish something that would take a lot less if all things were working smoothly, and is a turn-off, and frustrating, especially to kids wanting to play. I've seen times on holidays in the past where it's been impossible to get in with a wait list, when more users are using the website.

I also agree that Webkinz is a wonderful concept.

I was informed a while ago, by a CS rep. that Ganz initially never expected Webkinz to become as huge as it has become, so they actually didn't have enough memory/or servers set up to support and back up the whole site. Perhaps that is why things seem to be so "unstable". And perhaps, if they brought in a technical troubleshooter/programmer (familiar with graphics) computer expert to help them set up a "system" with enough memory, and extra servers available for any new programs they wish to introduce, it could help the whole site and situation.

Of course, upgrading hardware and software for anyone, including Ganz also costs money. And it would need a lot of memory storage capacity, as well as back up.

If you work with regular screenshots, you know that each uses a certain amount of memory. Now add motion to that and programming... Kind of gives you an idea about memory necessary.

Also, part of the problem is that webkinz world is rich in graphics and that involves its own complications. Everything you do on your account involves memory usage and saving settings. Everything you buy and store has a memory registration. Every decorating and redecorating involves new memories to save. Every time you make or spend money it is recorded, and every movement the webkinz make involves a special command. If your webkinz wears clothes, those require extra programming. Then there's the deluxe and non deluxe -- more memory needed and differentiating. Plus you have the various extras - zums, magical forest, Kinzville Academy, Tournament Arena, jobs, dailies, specials, daily activities, etc.. And saving things always takes a bit of time to register - like saving a document or photo (do you want to save the changes you made?) It's rather complicated.

Depending how things are programmed, some programs (including new ones) probably "intertwine" with other programs in the website.

It would be a shame if they don't find a way to get things moving more smoothly, before the glitches turn people away because the Ganz webkinz website, their games and new ideas are very creative and fun.

View Post Originally Posted by Mynoey
Phoenixsprite, you say this allowed you to do FF without problems for the first time in a while. My question....is it allowing you to do it consistently? Does it work every time?

As to these things Ganz says users need to do...some are valid. The add ons that make it possible to run Flash games do need to be updated as needed. Just keep your fingers crossed that Ganz watches for and fixes any compatibility issues with any of those updates. As to updating memory...well...there are some older computers that may need that. But, on the whole, a game should be capable of being played on the vast majority of computers. Might not run as fast on some, but it should run. Making sure that's possible is the responsibility of the company running it.

As to the whole "it's not us...it's always your computer" thing...the only thing they've missed using that line for is a motto embroidered on Kinz Clothes. Nonsense.

I share KLDKinzMom's opinion. WW is the most poorly run website I've ever experenced. And that includes some free games created and maintained by high school and/or college students.

As much as I hate having to freeze my webbie shopping because of the behavior of the company running this site, there is one thing about which I'm relieved. I didn't want to disappoint my granddaughters if they wanted webbies for Christmas. Thankfully, they don't. On their last webbie shopping trip, they decided they didn't want webbies. They chose plushies for another site. Why? Because the other site is more fun. It WORKS. Out of the mouths of babes....
Hi Mynoey! Every time I've tried to do FF using Internet Explorer, I have been able to do it. No problems. I've tried to do it on Firefox, and once again it wasn't working. I probably don't do the FF as often as I did before the glitch started.

It might help if Ganz had technical computer troubleshooters/programmers to test things on a continual basis to make sure everything is working smoothly and that new programs work with everything else on the website, perhaps even using different browsers to test.

Also, some games do say that older computers might not work so well with, for example, Webkinz Rally.

Since there are Asian and European accounts as well as North American accounts, etc. the website is constantly being used to some degree, with maintenance for North American, but not always for the Asian and European unless Ganz is adding an update or something. So there is definite popularity of the website and webbies.

Of course, with the new features, Santakinz, and Ms. Birdy, and the holidays coming up, more vigilance on the part of technicians could be helpful.

Customer service has improved somewhat from what it was before now.

I've been trying to keep my computer and its programs updated and cache cleared as well.

Let's hope something can be done to help fix any problems that have arisen or might arise on a steady basis.

Last edited by phoenixsprite; 12-11-2009 at 03:28 AM..
phoenixsprite is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 04:25 AM   #268
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

i agree that the concept is wonderful but i can see how the site is getting less and less stable i mean i need to load practically everything twice, soemtimes three times, to make it load, let alone work.................... and nothing seems to be done................ except them adding more new things............. which is great if the site is stable................... i honestly dont know what kind of things the people at the top are thinking...................................... it makes no logical sense to me...............................

no one should have to load a program three times in a very certain way to maybe get it to work....................... that is just a slap in our collective faces that this is acceptable to ganz

my problem is that i have a huge bag of already bought webbies, and i have to say, one of my goals for the game was registering one each of the large webbies................ so it is hard for me to stop buying the plushies.................... when its a major goal for me..... i stopped buiying cards due to them ripping me off and the forest stuff............... but its hard giving up the plushies , i may as well jsut stop altogether then............................... but it may come to that if the site keeps degrading like it is with no improvement............................... i dont have the money to invest in a site that may just go down and not come back up............... and that throught there ads stress to the hobby i dont want to have............... its supposed to be fun for me and having to worry about them going down and staying down defeats the fun of the hobby
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 03:30 PM   #269

honeybunny0517 is just really nicehoneybunny0517 is just really nice

Default Re: Magical Forrest Glitch fest this morning

Have you tried logging out and logging back in?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Smile everyday in the morning!
honeybunny0517 is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #270

Maze28 is on a distinguished road

I finally quit going to Fairy Falls. It NEVER works. All that ever comes up, no matter which gate I click on, is the backround. It forces me to log out an then I can't do it.

I
Maze28 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
cheezeiful!