Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2007, 12:22 AM   #21
Gifted
LindaBear is a jewel in the roughLindaBear is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Who else is sick of ganz and their greediness???

I agree. It depends on the store in which you buy a webkinz from and that depends on the price. i mean I have heard of webkinz being $14.99 somewhere and down to $10.99. IT depends on the overall owner. IF they want good business and know people that would pay that much then they keep it that way.

Don't you know that if the price is ok with customers then owners will keep it that way, otherwise they will either raise the price or lower it to suit their customers. If you don't llike the prices then don't buy from that particular shop anymore... Get what I mean?

Well I saw a Hallmark store here that has Webkinz for $13.99 and they said they had to spike up the price to be that high on the otherhand up in Anthem Learning Express is at $14.99. I haven't seen a webkinz higher than $14.99 anywhere for retail. Maybe on ebay its higher but that's that.

Well I hope that helps.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2007, 12:23 AM   #22
Webkinz :)

jacalynsue is on a distinguished road

Ganz is already strong-arming retailer in a bad way. I'd hate to see price caps too! As much as I protest high prices for webkinz, the only way I can be effective in protesting is with my hard earned money. I have three stores in my area, one doesn't charge as much as the other two, so guess where I go? EVEN if the other stores have what I want, I support the underdog.

Ganz is forcing retailers to carry other ganz inventory in order to get webkinz. I think retailers should be able to decide what to carry in their own stores, since they know the local market. Why should someonne have to buy thousands of dollalrs of lipgloss and body spray just to get the webkinz? But Ganz is doing this. There are some retailers who plan on dropping ALL Ganz products once teh Webkinz craze is over; I can't blame them.

Yes, greed is at work. It's the dark side of a free market. And it applies to ALL of us. The buyers who can't say no to one MORE stuffed animal. The retailers who see a cash cow that increases store traffic and sends merchandise flying off the shelves, and the manufacturer that knows nothing lasts forever, so you'd better get what you can when you can get it.

Who is to blame? All of us. And only we can change it.
J
Old 07-06-2007, 12:35 AM   #23
janesosquare
Gift Guru

missquarejane is just really nicemissquarejane is just really nice

my local retailer says that ganz won't distribute to stores that sell for less than the reccommended retail price. i guess they are trying to see a regulated pricing across the board.

now for anyone griping about the price, you have to keep in mind that the costs of running a large company, designing and making toys, distributing and all the people that go into that are just a fraction of the cost. they have people who monitor and update/upgrade the site constantly. they have web designers/games designers which don't come cheap. then they have servers and bandwidth and hardware to pay for. they are either just finished or are in the process of building a whole BUILDING to house all of the hardware to run the site. it is NOT a cheap endeavour. there are trouble-shooters, ad execs, retail go-betweens etc. and all of these people must be paid. then there's the raw material.

have any of you actually looked at the price of stuffies lately? they ain't cheap. pick up a russ or comparable stuffy and check the price. heck, check out the price that club penguin or runescape charges for memberships without a toy in hand to go with that.

and the bottom line is that this is north america. we live in a capitalist society. they are entitled to make money. if your family was the owners of ganz you would all be jumping up and down gleefully.

------

that said, they could be a little more generous with their "virtual" money.
missquarejane is offline Female
Old 07-06-2007, 12:42 AM   #24
jms
Gift Guru

jms has much to be proud ofjms has much to be proud ofjms has much to be proud ofjms has much to be proud ofjms has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by twirliechick
It's supply vs. demand. I know our Hallmark told me they are getting ready to go up from $10.99 to $12.99 with the next shipment.
I agree. To be honest, with how fast Webkinz are selling, and the crazy prices on the secondary market--especially for the retired ones--I'm shocked that Ganz hasn't increased the prices more! With teh number of people out there who have 50+ Webkinz, why wouldn't they? And retired ones are sellnig for hundreds....
Old 07-06-2007, 12:58 AM   #25
Pinkprincess525
Gifted

Webkinzlover525 wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzlover525 wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzlover525 wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzlover525 wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzlover525 wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzlover525 wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzlover525 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

View Post Originally Posted by band_nerd0898
I am sick and tired of ganz and their greediness, I can't believe how far they've taken this!! Well first of all, can you guys believe the price of webkinz?? I used to only pay anywhere from $6-$12 for 1 webkinz......but now the cheapest I can get them is from $11-$20?? Can you say inflation, price mark-up?? Then just tonight I had a good game of lillypadz going, my highest score EVER, I had earned about 50 kinzcash {which is good for me, since i stink at most arcade games}, then all of a sudden webkinz logs me out.........this also happened last night, when I was playing mini golf, i had a pretty good score, and earned 25 kinzcash, but anyways, so I called them and told them, and they said there is nothing we can do, they even told me that I was probably lying......?? WHAT!? I am so mad with ganz and their greediness!! They can't even afford to give me my 46, to be exact, kinzcash?? All I can say is that I am ready to go on strike......:knuppel2: LOLz........
-
anyone? echo?
No echo sorry, I understnad the price drifference but that is not how much they are here.

Webkinz - Used to be $11.77 (With tax that is)
Now $12 (Raised about a dollar)
Lil' Kinz - Used to be $8 something
Now $10 (Raised $2. Which means you might as well get the Webkinz in my area)
Trading Cards - Now $2.95 with tax I think it is $3.17 so thats raised $1.05 (That is a little overpriced but
OH WELL)

You love Webkinz, I love them, We all love them! So it doesn't matter. I mean $20 is a lot I know.
View Post Originally Posted by CHEEZEGOD
1. It's not GANZ that's rasing the prices, the stores that sell them are.
2. i get looged out from webkinz randomly too! so do everybody else.

please calm down
I totally agree with you!
Webkinzlover525 is offline Female
Old 07-06-2007, 12:59 AM   #26
Gift Guru
SScarb9747 will become famous soon enough

Yes. Ganz has raised the price of Webkinz, but the quality has gone up. Webkinz Dealer's, here only raised the price by $1.00. That's not that much of a price hike, for the increase in the quality of the Webkinz.

If your stores are raising them by more, then blame the stores, and not Ganz. There's only two stores that raised their prices by more than $1.00, and they are independent stores. Since it's their choice to take advantage of us, then I won't buy from either of these two stores, and I don't care if they have something I want.

Most stores around here, have plenty of everything for everyone. If you can't find what you want, be patient, becasue they'll be in stores around you soon.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:30 PM   #27
Bandie

To all of you who are saying that it is my choice to buy webkinz, and that if I am so mad about the price, then why do I buy them, I can tell you one thing, i am in the retailing business, and I know that ganz probably makes webkinz for just a little of nothing, and then they whole-sale them to retailers to an unimaginable profit, the retailer I buy from, I have known since I was 5 and would never NEVER price gouge me or my family, she says that ganz charges a lot, hence why she had to raise her prices from 6 to 12 bucks a pop......which is outrageous to us 2005 old timers, I don't care what you think but I see this as outrageous, for all you newbies webkinz were dirt cheap when they came out, which tells me that ganz probably makes them cheap, the local shop I buy from, the owner, Mrs. Pat says that ganz is actually rebounding from bankruptcy hence webkinz is their way out of this hence why they are price gouging.........which for one makes me irate, are there any honest companies anymore? or are they all crooked and liars? I'll leave this for you to judge..........as for the 46 kinzcash, yes I am over it, I am just mad because I was called a liar last night by ganz, doesn't make me too happy when I have been a paying customer since webkinz hit the shelves in 2005.......if i didn't love webkinz so much, this would've been the last straw for me......
Old 07-06-2007, 03:17 PM   #28
Gift Guru

cftrox will become famous soon enough

sory i really don't agree with u. but it is yer opinion
-
but i do get logged off

Last edited by cftrox; 07-06-2007 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-06-2007, 03:29 PM   #29
skatakata
Gifted

katie bob atie will become famous soon enough

WHAT!!!! Webkinz where I live are from 30$ to 45$ (canadian)
Old 07-06-2007, 03:35 PM   #30
redwallpaper1
Gift Guru

redwallpaper will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by ir2qute95
{edited}
Wow that is about as rude as it gets! This person has a right to vent if they want to. I agree with some of the things they have said. I think that Webkinz have become a bit overpiced and that the stores have become greedy. I also think the trading cards were somewhat of a ripoff cause you don't get much from them unless you have enough money to buy them by the box which most kids can't afford. the new stuff coming out may be the same way. They could give us a bit more for our money...like maybe more kinz cash on games and new stuff to look forward to every week (like more new themes, clothes, presents) I mean we are the ones who forked over REAL cash for the webkinz... so they could give us some more virtual stuff. Don't be so rude...if you don't agree and you can't debate in a nice way why you don't agree then don't say anything at all.

Last edited by the Ducky; 07-06-2007 at 05:15 PM.. Reason: removing quote from rude user
Closed