Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2007, 11:02 PM   #11
Pammie10
Gift Guru

Pammie10 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Who else is sick of ganz and their greediness???

The hallmark here on Long Island NY, they have always been $12.99 since I started buying them (6 months ago). The girl who works there told me that they buy them for $9.99 and they marked it up $3.00. A friend of mine started buying webkinz when they first came out (they werent that popular) she told me that she spent $6.00 on each, that was 2 years ago.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2007, 11:05 PM   #12
monkey4u97
Gifted

ilovewebkinz97 is just really niceilovewebkinz97 is just really nice

u u kno i was reading a news article and ganz sells s tore say uh $89 a box of 20 webkinz say like something like that. But then teh store can seel them at $13 its there decision to make a profit. then another sttore gets the same shipment for the same amont of money but sells theres fro$25 its there way of making a profit.
-
u u kno i was reading a news article and ganz sells s tore say uh $89 a box of 20 webkinz say like something like that. But then thr store can sell them at $13 its there decision to make a profit. then another sttore gets the same shipment for the same amont of money but sells theres fro$25 its there way of making a profit.

Last edited by ilovewebkinz97; 07-05-2007 at 11:05 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-05-2007, 11:09 PM   #13
No day but today
Gift Guru

Alcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by twirliechick
It's supply vs. demand. I know our Hallmark told me they are getting ready to go up from $10.99 to $12.99 with the next shipment.
the webknz at our hallmark store used to be 11.90 but then they marked it up to 12.99 a month ago but it doesn't annoy me i just save my allowance
Alcnor is offline Female
Old 07-05-2007, 11:09 PM   #14
tjestin
Gift Guru

tjestin is a jewel in the roughtjestin is a jewel in the rough

I don't know about Ganz raising prices as I can usually get them for 8 for the little ones and 11 for the big ones - that's fairly reasonable I think - I do know there are other stores near me that sell them for about five dollars a piece more- and since no one I know of would take a loss - especially the store I always buy them at - they aren't exactly centralized - I seriously doubt that Ganz is marking the toys up that high- the prices may be getting raised - but there's no way Ganz would raise them high enough that stores would have to put the prices as high as a lot are - my fav place would be taking a serious loss....

The problem is the stores that have them and sell lots - are taking advantage of supply and demand - they know they are going to sell them even if they overprice them - so they do it. My store - well, they definitely wouldn't sell as many - and therefore keeps them at the recommended selling price.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:11 PM   #15
Gift Guru

GuineaPigs is a splendid one to beholdGuineaPigs is a splendid one to beholdGuineaPigs is a splendid one to beholdGuineaPigs is a splendid one to behold

LOL all that over 46 KK Bandnerd. I agree but I think Ganz can get away with it because we love Webkinz so much we wouldn't stop buying them even if the price goes up a resonable amount.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:18 PM   #16
No day but today
Gift Guru

Alcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by band_nerd0898
I am sick and tired of ganz and their greediness, I can't believe how far they've taken this!! Well first of all, can you guys believe the price of webkinz?? I used to only pay anywhere from $6-$12 for 1 webkinz......but now the cheapest I can get them is from $11-$20?? Can you say inflation, price mark-up?? Then just tonight I had a good game of lillypadz going, my highest score EVER, I had earned about 50 kinzcash {which is good for me, since i stink at most arcade games}, then all of a sudden webkinz logs me out.........this also happened last night, when I was playing mini golf, i had a pretty good score, and earned 25 kinzcash, but anyways, so I called them and told them, and they said there is nothing we can do, they even told me that I was probably lying......?? WHAT!? I am so mad with ganz and their greediness!! They can't even afford to give me my 46, to be exact, kinzcash?? All I can say is that I am ready to go on strike......:knuppel2: LOLz........
-
anyone? echo?
listen bandgeek, you say you are calm but you definitely are not. first off, ganz may raise the prices, but webkinz are worth their while: they entertain you and cuddle with you; a real pet would cost hundreds of dollars; consider yourse;f lucky. Also, who makes you buy them? No one but yourself! if you are so upset about your finances, implement this little trick: only buy one webkinz a year! That's too much of a stretch for you? Well, it proves my point! only you are forcing you to buy them as often as you may!

Second, Ganz logs everybody off randomly once in a while: it has happened to me, too. once i lost 400 kc on the wishing well because of it, but i moved on. just forget about it. they have a huge site and they can't fix every little bug.

but, i must agree, telling you that you might have been lying was very rude, and ganz should have done something better, although i doubt you would've gotten your money rertrieved anyway. i hope this helps!
Alcnor is offline Female
Old 07-05-2007, 11:22 PM   #17
Gift Guru

sodgoddess is on a distinguished road

I was told by a retailer that Ganz reps have told the stores they are all SUPPOSED to sell them for the smae price 12.95 but when I was traveliong with my hubby last week in Georgia I found a couple stores selling them for 20.00 each I was told that I should write Ganz with the names of the satores but haven't yet. It does make me crazy when Webkinz goes off each night I just don't fully understand why it has to go off for so long but I guess we will all have to live with it. Iam one of those people who have spent $600.00 real dollars on cards my daugher has spent $700.00 and we are getting really mad at first we got alot of TC furniture and game room stuff the last 4 boxes or so mostly coupons, groceries and lots of Kinzcash I woud much rather get TC or gaming items. We are thiking of not getting more cards intil it changes but it was suggested that we all write Ganz and complain I already have!
Old 07-05-2007, 11:23 PM   #18
soccergal5

View Post Originally Posted by band_nerd0898
i am calm, i am just venting my frustration at the company right now, and yes, they are raising the prices.......it's not the retailers fault, ganz is marking up the prices on the webkinz they ship to the retailers, hence it is ganz fault.....
No it is the store because webkinz aren't that expensive where I live
Old 07-05-2007, 11:25 PM   #19
Webkinz :)
tinkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I can say that I have purchased lots of trading cards and I know lots of other people have also. Not one of them has openned any locked boxes. Has anyone openned any?
Old 07-06-2007, 12:14 AM   #20
proxy1
Gifted

pinkypie is an unknown quantity at this point

Ganz could put a cap on the price, but I doubt that'll happen. It is all about supply and demand.
Webkinz will eventually lose their popularity, just as everything does. I'm sure the stores that sell webkinz realize this, hence making as much money off webkinz as they can while the demand is high.
Closed