Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2008, 10:30 AM   #1
Are we there yet?
Gift Guru

PinkSlicky is a glorious beacon of lightPinkSlicky is a glorious beacon of lightPinkSlicky is a glorious beacon of light

Default What is a reliable source when you want to post new information??

I really need to know what are the "acceptable" or "reliable" sources of new information? Actual documentable personal experience, documentable direct from Ganz info only? Those are the only two I can think of that are "reliable", but I see info/pictures on here from so many other sources....when I posted new POTM item pictures that I found from Multiple sources I tried to site, my post was deleted in record time (60 seconds or so).

If you don't have first hand documented personal experience, or straight from Ganz.....what else is exceptable?

And, should I be spending my time reporting these peoples posts who post all the other data I see floating around?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #2
Gifted

junner is on a distinguished road

Default Re: What is a reliable source when you want to post new information??

View Post Originally Posted by PinkSlicky
Actual documentable personal experience, documentable direct from Ganz info only?
Yeah, I think those two are the only ones allowed. Otherwise, another site could easily hack into the Ganz system and steal the information.

View Post Originally Posted by PinkSlicky
And, should I be spending my time reporting these peoples posts who post all the other data I see floating around?
Yes! You should be reporting, because those people don't really have proof that their source didn't hack it from the site. And it's also WI rules.
junner is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 10:58 AM   #3
Are we there yet?
Gift Guru

PinkSlicky is a glorious beacon of lightPinkSlicky is a glorious beacon of lightPinkSlicky is a glorious beacon of light

Okay, I just wanted to pass on information I thought people would find interesting to ponder (not take to the bank) not stir up a hurricane. Since I can't "confirm" anything that has not happened to me personally, I will not bother anymore trying to give people a heads up on things I find interesting. I also honestly will not make it my full time job to report people who post data that they cannot confirm by personal experience....if this is a requirement of being on WI, well I have to find another forum, since I wanted to have fun here. Not spend all my time reporting people. Is it really a REQUIREMENT? Since, I try to follow all forum rules I need to know. If it is I will sorry to leave this place, since it has been fun, but constant reporting is just not my thing.

Sad, that all information outside this forum is considered someone guilty of hacking before proven guilty, but it is also a sign of the times now.....

---------- PinkSlicky added 14 Minutes and 9 Seconds later ----------

I really need to know if this is a mandatory rule that I must report posts of people who post information that they feel others will find interesting....but that they have no personal knowledge of. I need to know because I accepted a position as a Kinzchat plus Police officer, and I will need to resign that when I leave this forum....I would like to give her notice ASAP if possible.

I did check the rules to see if it was mandatory reporting and I can't find the rule :/, so I will need a mods help on this one.

Last edited by PinkSlicky; 07-25-2008 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-25-2008, 11:09 AM   #4
hy, yes! I AM A
Gift Guru

kt150 will become famous soon enough

No way. I wouldn't report every person who posts information that they got from unreliable sources. I don't think it is our job to tattle. There is actually a section here in General Discussion that says we can post rumors... but those rumors cannot include unreleased pictures or links to other sites. Once I posted there and just mentioned all the stuff I heard was coming out... and it got deleted. A lot of mods/admins aren't on the same page as far as what we are allowed to post about. One just told me not to post pics or links... one deleted my thread that just mentioned new stuff and she wouldn't even respond to my PM about WHY she deleted it. If we can't share rumors and they delete our threads that talk about rumors, they WHY do they have a section for rumors?

Anyway, I don't bother posting about future stuff anymore. Whether your are breaking rules or not, it'll get deleted more than likely.
kt150 is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 11:14 AM   #5
Are we there yet?
Gift Guru

I reported this thread so I might get an answer from an answer from a mod. As I said, I have had a LOT of fun here.....but I do follow forum rules when I know about them....and if mandatory reporting is a rule, I will have to find another forum. I simply just do not have that kind of time.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:30 AM   #6
Gifted

junner is on a distinguished road

No, it's not a requirement that you report people. It's a requirement that you make sure what you are posting is true.
junner is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 11:32 AM   #7
hy, yes! I AM A
Gift Guru

I doubt mods and admins expect us to report people for something so small. No one is being forced to participate in reporting people. The whole flagging system is in place to help mods and admins get to threads quickly if there is an issue (fights, rudeness, needs to be closed, etc.) I would be VERY upset if I or anyone else got banned because we didn't report someone. That's just ridiculous. It's not our job to tattle on people.
kt150 is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 11:37 AM   #8
Are we there yet?
Gift Guru

No word from a mod yet since I did report this thread, hoping to get a quicker answer. Like I said, I have a responsibility to resign ASAP at the police force if need be. I will let you know, if you are curious, what answer I get back.

I do wish I could find the rule outlining guidelines for posting new data. I am still looking. I made sure what I posted had several sources that matched before posting it, and it was just a bit of info to chew on....not swear by anyway.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:39 AM   #9
the fairest 0f all
Gift Guru

sn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all around

i'm really just a bit confused by your statements and question. i'm not sure what to answer.
sn0wwhite is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 11:39 AM   #10
hy, yes! I AM A
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by junner
No, it's not a requirement that you report people. It's a requirement that you make sure what you are posting is true.
Now that can be misconstrued. It isn't a matter of your information being TRUE. Hacked/stolen information is true. Those people stole the images from Ganz - so they are real. But it wasn't officially released and it is illegal.

It's a matter of keeping WI from getting in trouble with Ganz. This isn't a forum that tries to get you future information really fast before it's released. You have to go elsewhere for that. WI is all about getting you officially released and reliable information.

So it is mandatory that we only share officially released pictures.

My question is, can we discuss rumors or not? Can we TALK about things we saw/heard about WITHOUT sharing pictures or links? If not, get rid of the section: News & Insider Info. If so, then explain that to ALL of the mods and admins so that threads won't get deleted unnecessarily.
kt150 is offline Female
Closed