Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2019, 04:15 PM   #21
ebkinz. EX-cellent!
Webkinz :)

serendipitydoda is an unparalleled talent
serendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talent

Default Re: What Do You Miss the Most?

I miss seeing the Webkinz stuffies in the stores, too. I also miss my fave games. It's not that they're no longer there, but they've been locked up as Deluxe games now, where I can't get at them.

I don't know how many people actually bought/used them, but I definitely miss having the Webkinz Game Cash Cards in the supermarkets/video game stores. I never use my credit card for something like in-game purchases, but during the time Webkinz/Ganz sent out those game cards was when I was able to have a Deluxe Acct. I could buy a couple and register the scratch off codes to get the Deluxe Acct. Since they apparently no longer produce (or send them out),.....eh. Reduced to a Free Acct. Thankfully, I still have a couple Webkinz that I never registered, so now am hoarding them for future use ('cause the pet code memberships are still only for a year).
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2019, 05:08 PM   #22

raptor wows us all with wonderraptor wows us all with wonderraptor wows us all with wonderraptor wows us all with wonderraptor wows us all with wonderraptor wows us all with wonderraptor wows us all with wonderraptor wows us all with wonderraptor wows us all with wonderraptor wows us all with wonder

I miss inviting friends over to my house, switching outfits in the clubhouse, dicekinz, having all my items show up and work properly, and trading on webkinz newz forms when it only took a minute for comments to go up instead of hours.

On the bright side we can move room arrangements now, the webkinz newz competitions and events have great prizes, there's an app with decorating and floaties and games, kinzcash is easier to get, and webkinz can survive without flash player.
raptor is offline Female
Old 08-11-2019, 05:20 PM   #23
Gifted

insider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoW
insider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoW

There is so much to miss. The retirements of items, games, and other features have always bothered me. DiceKinz, for example, was a game that was hard for a lot of people (especially younger kids, who make up a large portion of users) to learn how to play and get good at. Once a player did learn how to play it though, it became much more fun. It was a unique and interesting game. It was also possible to buy more dice at the W-Shop which allowed for customization and variety in gameplay. Ganz cited a lack of popularity and use of DiceKinz as the reason for its retirement. They could have tried to help players learn how to play in some way, such as by posting articles in Webkinz Newz/GanzWorld promoting the game and explaining how to play. Retiring the pet packs two years and four months before the full game's retirement, which unlocked more dice that were unique, did not help either. It would be nice to see the Trading Card Challenge, Trading Card Mix N' Match, and Quizzy's WhizKinz return as well. A return of retired Clubhouse rooms would also be appreciated by many.

There are also many visual changes that were not needed and were not improvements. The redesigning of the Wheel of Wow, Cash Cow, and Zingoz Pop are not any better looking than their original designs and there was nothing wrong with the original designs. Polar Plunge was actually changed gameplay-wise in addition to just visually, which was even worse. There are plenty of other examples, such as the changing of the visuals of Today's Activities twice, the W-Shop redesign, Ms. Birdy's redesign, and the changes that came with Webkinz X. These don't improve the quality of the site, but they change the appearances of things that are traditional, longstanding, and perfectly good-looking. It would be nice to at least have the option, if it is possible to implement, to customize these things between the original and new versions (for example, being able to switch between Webkinz X and the previous versions of everything Webkinz X changed), rather than just being forced to take the new versions of all of these.

Other changes in how things work have also detracted from the quality of the site. Games that used to be available to all regular members being changed into Deluxe-only games in late 2012 was a decision clearly made to increase Deluxe Memberships, and thus increase revenue. It also disregarded regular members who had been enjoying those games for up to six years at that point. Putting the player in a room after they adopt a pet and requiring them to complete a request made by a pet in order to get the pet's gift box was another thing that people likely don't care for.

Webkinz World went from being a simple site with a good variety of content that was not overwhelming to being a site with "over 1,000 pets to adopt, more than 15,000 items to collect, and over 100 games and activities." That information comes from the home page of Webkinz. That can be a bit overwhelming, especially for a site whose primary user base is young kids.

One of the things I like about regular video games on consoles is that they do not change. Developers make new games when they want to release new content for consumers to buy, but nothing happens to the existing games. Webkinz World, which is an online game, is constantly subject to change. This means that the site that many once loved (and to a large extent still do) can evolve whether they like that evolution or not. There is no way to keep any past version of the site that one may find preferable.

I say all of this in spite of the fact that I like Webkinz World a lot and have always enjoyed playing on it since I joined on December 29th, 2007. I still find quite a lot to enjoy, but all the changes have made that less true for me compared to in the past. Some of the changes are bigger than others, and many are quite minor. Even then, they are still unnecessary and inferior. I understand that Ganz needs to update and add to the site to keep it new and fresh, but if I'm judging the way that evolution has turned out, I'm a bit disappointed. I'm just not a fan of change, especially if there is no option regarding whether or not to have that change.

Last edited by insider777; 08-11-2019 at 05:23 PM..
insider777 is offline Male
Old 08-12-2019, 12:35 PM   #24

2beagles1cat knows no bounds2beagles1cat knows no bounds
2beagles1cat knows no bounds2beagles1cat knows no bounds2beagles1cat knows no bounds2beagles1cat knows no bounds2beagles1cat knows no bounds2beagles1cat knows no bounds2beagles1cat knows no bounds2beagles1cat knows no bounds

Oh my, Insider! You've named many things that have bothered me! I know so many of them are minor, but they greatly change the feel of WW. I particularly don't like when games are redesigned for what seems like no good reason (Cash Cow, in particular)!
2beagles1cat is offline Female
Old 08-14-2019, 11:18 AM   #25

Tacos is a ray of sunshineTacos is a ray of sunshine
Tacos is a ray of sunshineTacos is a ray of sunshineTacos is a ray of sunshineTacos is a ray of sunshineTacos is a ray of sunshineTacos is a ray of sunshineTacos is a ray of sunshineTacos is a ray of sunshineTacos is a ray of sunshineTacos is a ray of sunshine

I miss Mazin Hamsters too. I always had so much fun racing them and doing those challenges. I also miss the lack of stress I had when they would release so many each month. I miss the only worrying I had was getting to the store to pick them up and adopt them.
Tacos is offline Male
Old 08-14-2019, 04:49 PM   #26
WWid:Royalmajesty

Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness
Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness

I miss Bamboo Break - Arcade Game! And Mazin' Hamsters!

I'd love to be able to invite friends to my house again!

There are probably other things that I miss, but those are off the top of my head at the moment!
Queen of Sheba is offline Female
Closed

Tags
googles always prevail, shellbellgotsatag!